1,081 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it!!
Published on November 21, 2008 by Gerald Knipe

3.0 out of 5 stars You will need plently
Published on January 30, 2010 by William D. Funk

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but worth it!!, November 21, 2008
This review is from: Canon CLI-221 2946B004 4-Color Value Pack in Retail Packaging-Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow (Office Product)
I know this OEM ink is expensive, but the quality of this ink can't be matched by the NONOEMS. If you care about the quality of your prints, this the way to go. I have used all kinds of after market products, and no matter what they claim about their quality, they just can't compare to oem. I also ended up with clogged print heads and at least 1 trashed printer. Photo output with this ink is gorgeous, and the color tones are just right. You also save a few bucks with this 4 pack.

3.0 out of 5 stars You will need plently, January 30, 2010
William D. Funk (Port Charlotte, FL) - See all my reviews
I have a new Canon MX 860 printer. It is set on grayscale, fast. Rarely ever print in color, but this machine goes through the ink much more quickly than any other copier I have had. The manual says the copier will use color ink even in the grayscale mode. Be prepared to buy copious amounts of ink. Consumer Reports rated this printer tops, a recommended buy. They did not mention high ink consumption.

4.0 out of 5 stars OEM Canon Ink, March 6, 2009
I moved up to a MP620 from a previous Canon printer. While I'll admit with the previous post that the ink wells are smaller, but they also use less drops of ink than my older model and gives out a MUCH better picture. And if you install the software that comes with the MP620, it will pop up showing a low cartridge, then click the exclamation above the tank, it will give you the part number needed. You can even click the 'about ink' button and will give you a nice large printable list of the ink part numbers.
I'll admit I still use local print shops for large quantities of 4x6 images, but single 4x6 or any other I can print with very pleasing results.
NOTE: The Canon Photo print software gives a more true to life color than either Photoshop or Lightroom. I know something needs to be changed in the Adobe software, but I haven't figured it out yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Ink Cartridge, April 22, 2009
John L. Holt (Little Rock, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. I suggest to readers that you consider using OEM products for printers. I screwed up my Canon printer using an off brand. You may go for some years with no problems using off brands and save some heavy duty money and it will pay for itself. However, if your printer fails early on because of off brand you are a loser. I have a good printer and will just pay the extra dollars. Some of my off brands were empty. Some would not work and the last batch dorked up my printer for good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Careful! Are you sure you want this?, February 11, 2010
J. A. Pape (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This is exactly what it says it is and it performs correctly. But it isn't what I thought it was when I ordered it, which is the large Black ink tank needed for printing page after page of text. This is the little tank used for enhancing the black level on photos. How could I have made such a mistake? Well, this is the CLI-221 Ink Tank and I needed the PGI-220 Ink Tank. My bad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Ink, August 9, 2009
WarWagon (Southern Appalachia) - See all my reviews
The printer costs $67, which comes with all new ink.

Replacement ink cost $60?

For $7 more, you can get a new printer with all new ink.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT GENUINE CANON INK - SWAPINK=FRAUD, November 5, 2011
THESE ARE REFILLED CARTRIDGES - NOT GENUINE!

I almost bought these before looking at vendor's own website for truthful description. Isn't this illegal? HOW DO WE REPORT THESE SCAMSTERS TO AMAZON?????

Here is ACCURATE description from SWAPINK's own website: [...]

'Starting with an original Canon 2947B001 cartridge, we put it through a multi-phase cleaning and drying process, and replacing all the necessary parts before refilling it with the highest quality ink, meeting and exceeding, OEM specifications for both quality and fill amount (ml).'

4.0 out of 5 stars Only use Canon Ink in Canon Printers, January 30, 2010
So far it looks like the ink is lasting a bit longer than I thought it might based on other reviews of the MP980 printer and these ink tanks. I do a lot of Birthday and greeting cards. Some of the cards have quite a lot of graphics and it is still chugging along. My former printer had the printer head go bad due to my purchasing non-Canon ink which was supposed to work just as well. The printer head costs almost as much as the printer itself. It's just not worth going cheap. I really prefer Canon printers so I'll stick to their ink. At least they have separate inks for the 3 primary colors and two black tanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overly Expensive, January 26, 2010
I use third party toner on my laser printer, but I don't want to use third party ink on my photo printer. I don't mind spending a bit extra on a quality print especially after I spend great deal of time taking and editing my photos. These inks do the best job. Period.

But let's be realistic. 10$ on a tiny plastic box of ink that won't last very long is bit too much. Digital photography let you take lot of pictures at relatively no cost, but when you want to print them, they seem to be far more expensive than printing film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon inks, June 1, 2010
Canon inks always seem to run out fast-I very rarely need perfect copies so I have set my ink properties for fast (draft)-its usually good enough for my purposes.
Since I rarely use colors I only need to order the black ink cartridges for
my canon MP620 pixma.
As usual Amazon does an incredible job-They state that free delivery (over $ 25.00) will take 5-7 business days but I always seem to receive it in less than that.