4.0 out of 5 stars ...But I Have Black, Right?
I learned the hard way that my Canon printer needs TWO black ink cartridges -- 226 BK and 225 PGBK. Apparently, one black (226) is used exclusively for images, and one (225) exclusively for text. When my PGBK cartridge ran dry, I thought the BK cartridge would take over, since it was still 75% full. Nope.

Now that I've purchased this combo pack, convenient...
Published on May 2, 2011 by JAime

3.0 out of 5 stars What the heck is Canon thinking!
I agree with most of the people that have written reviews. Believe it or not.....it costs less at times to purchase a new printer that comes with in than buying the ink alone. Our stores have this model on sale all the time. Actually ran into a guy the other day who had like 6 of them in his shopping cart and said.....yeah buying the printer for the ink.

So,...
Published on June 2, 2011 by kitties1

4.0 out of 5 stars ...But I Have Black, Right?, May 2, 2011

Now that I've purchased this combo pack, convenient as it is, the BK cartridge is gathering dust next to my printer, unused.

3.0 out of 5 stars What the heck is Canon thinking!, June 2, 2011

So, what do you do with all the printers? I guess they all go to land fill, just what we need. Canon we like your product, so give us a break on the ink.......

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality ink, but another dumb combo from Canon, April 29, 2011
JB (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
I have always stuck with OEM ink, because the results and reliability are worth the extra cost to me (plus printer manufacturers are making it increasingly difficult to use non-OEM solutions).

However, it is beyond dumb to see the combos that Canon is offering for the new line of ink jet cartridges. In this case Canon gives you four color cartridges, but all of their current PIXMA printers take five or six - to get the Pigment Black or Gray cartridges you'll have to buy them separately and at a higher price. Plus this combo includes 50 sheets of paper that not everyone needs (I have plenty already). Perhaps Canon should ditch the paper and lower the list price of this combo by eight dollars - the amount this CLI-226 combo was increased over the CLI-221 combo it replaced.

BTW, the other package deal offered by Canon (PGI-225 BK/ CLI-226 C,M,Y 4 Pack Value Pack (4530B008)) is another strange combo that includes Pigment Black and three colors, but does not include Black or Gray.

Sorry, but it makes no sense whatsoever to not offer at least a 5-cartridge refill kit for a printers that needs 5 or 6 different inks - except that it lines Canon's pockets a bit more than it should. A kit that substituted Pigment Black for the paper would make more sense than this - or as I said earlier just get rid of the paper and lower the price significantly.

I also have to knock off a star because the new cartridges are opaque, which may have been done to thwart refillers but also prevents users from checking the ink level themselves.

Edit July 2011: When my Pixma MX860 printer recently failed I was looking at upgrading to the Canon PIXMA MG8120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (4504B002). But in large part due my dissatisfaction with the ink cartridges of the new Pixmas I went with a refurbished Canon PIXMA MP990 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (3749B002) which uses the previous generation CLI-221 cartridges.

5.0 out of 5 stars great ink- too small a container, April 10, 2011
I could not find this ink anywhere. Back to amazon my trusted vendor. Ink arrived in two days just in time to save my
project. This is good ink its just too small of a container. My printer takes six cartridges of ink. Result is great photos
and printing- its just that it uses too much ink to be in such small containers. I have told Canon but they aren't listening.
So if you buy a Canon MG6120 printer,copier,scanner -get a suitcase of spare ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon ChromLife100+ ink, June 6, 2011
This review is from: Canon CLI-226 4546B001 Ink Tank-Black (Office Product)
This ink tank works in the Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer (4503B002). It's easy to install. The other day I decided to research Canon's ChromaLife 100+ ink & was surprised to learn that prints made with this ink will last over 100 years!

This ink tank is easy to install in my Canon printer. The ink doesn't run when it gets wet & the prints should last over 100 years. I'd say those are great reasons for using Canon ink in my Canon printer.

Thought I'd mention that the ink is in a black tank so you can't see the ink level. I get printer messages that the ink tank might be empty; I don't replace the tank until my printer won't print or the print quality suffers.
(Even if the printer shows a 'red x' above the ink tank, I'll press 'ok' to get rid of the ink status message & continue printing. As long as I'm printing text I don't worry too much about quality as long as it's readable).
If photo quality suffers, I will replace whichever tank is necessary.

4.0 out of 5 stars good ink for mg5220 printer, January 23, 2011
W. Lam (Blm, Illinois) - See all my reviews
love the ability to print wirelessly to my Canon MG5220 printer. (print beautifully and Price for the printer was cheap about <$100, but the price of ink package is killing me.... about $50 a pop and it does not last 1/2 as long as my older CAnon i860 printer (which its ink cartriges cost about $50 too but it lasts much longer. Canon appearantly is adopting the Razor strategy on marketing, give away the razor and sell you the blades.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Canon CLI-226 4546B001 Ink Tank-Black (Office Product)
The price fluctuates on this one, so watch, get it ahead of time, and get it for a better price than in the stores. It's new, not refilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Amazon prices, January 5, 2012
Dominic A. Mele (Parsippany, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon CLI-226 4546B001 Ink Tank-Black (Office Product)
Amazon has consistently provided the best price on products that I have purchased. The ink cartridges that I could have bought at a local office supply store were cheaper thru Amazon.com. The cartridges were the very same, not substitute products.

5.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T Beat this price anywhere!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Canon CLI-226 4546B001 Ink Tank-Black (Office Product)
I've been ordering my ink for my canon printer for years from an online office store, and I hate to say it but I've wasted a lot of money from ordering from them!! The price from Amazon for the same exact ink is MUCH more afforfable, and as usual you can't beat the fast free shipping. Thanks for making printing affordable again Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars What's To Rate - Have to Use it For My Printer, October 21, 2011
lilbearts (Fort Myers, FL) - See all my reviews
Don't get the point of rating this; but I will tell you my cartridges run out way faster than I ever dreamed or appreciate. Love my Canon but don't appreciate the cost of printing.

Canon CLI-226 4546B001 Ink Tank-Black