Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Style Name: YSize: 1 - PackChange

on May 6, 2014
Canon retail packaging is pictured.
What I received was a loose cartridge in a zip-lock baggie.

At worst, its completely counterfeit.
At best its OEM sold deceptively as retail.

I guess nobody is going to sue this sleazy vendor over eleven bucks.
on February 19, 2014
I expected to receive the item pictured; a Canon cartridge in a Canon box as shown in the ad. Instead I received a Canon cartridge in a baggie.
I have no idea how fresh it is since date codes are on the box, so as far as I know it may be an out of date product.

To their credit, detailsurfer contacted ma and told me the item was fresh bulk packed from Canon, but they still wanted to do what they needed to make me happy. Amazon agreed to a return as an item "not as described." I'm satisfied.
on May 15, 2014
Very disappointed to have received this in a plastic baggie, NOT in the original box, so there is no way to know if it was refilled or reused or anything. This was not clear in description.
on June 7, 2014
The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is that they sent it to me in a small plastic baggie, with no cardboard box as pictured. It worked fine, but not having the cardboard takes away one extra layer of protection. Normally I wouldn't bother adjusting for a packaging issue, but since it was not sent as shown, I felt I needed to.
on August 16, 2013
This is the exactly the same as what you would purchase in the store. Works perfectly in my Canon Pixma printer.
on August 7, 2014
Canon inks have always been a major monetary rip-off. Once you buy a specific printer, you are stuck with buying expensive ink that runs out quickly as the tanks appear to be only about half-full. The quality is okay, but how would I compare as this is the only choice? Talk about monopoly. It is not the case of a little going a long way, rather very little going a short way for mega-bucks. They practice poor consumer relations. They would have better success if they allowed people to buy at lower prices so they could buy their product more frequently, instead of buying less often at higher prices. You would think that the marketing people would 'get it'. Very disappointing.
on July 6, 2013
We’ve owned three Canon printers in the past ten or more years. These were purchased mainly for printing photos, and I like the quality and customer service so well that I’ve become a loyal Canon printer customer. Once, we tried using a compatible ink in one of these printers. We compared a photo printed with the Canon ink versus the compatible ink and the red of the compatible was “off.” Also, the compatible cartridge ran out of ink way before it should have! Now, even though the price of the real thing is greater than the compatibles’ price, I stay solely with Canon brand ink.
on December 13, 2012
Pro: Same good results for photos or black/white printing.

Con: Small capacity results in replacing frequent. Cost has increased. Photo printing is very expensive with this printer. When one cartridge is out of ink, the printer will not print any color.

We have choices. 1.Do not print photos. 2. Try other brand of printer (that we already know make inferior photos compared to this printer). 3. Use generic refills. These don't give good photos along with sometimes causing ink clogging.
on April 6, 2013
I am giving this four stars because it's pricey. All ink cartridges are pricy, I know, but that doesn't mean I have to like it and give it 5 stars.
That said, I tried to save money by purchasing third party cartridges. YIKES. They did not work well at all and nearly ruined the printer, desk, and anything else around. Buyer beware. Spend the extra $$$ on these and get great quality prints.
on November 1, 2013
I've used nothing but Canon ink in my printer and have always had excellent results. It costs more, but I feel it's worth the extra money. When I had another brand of printer I did try refilling my own cartridge a couple of times and had awful results, ending up with ink spilling into the printer, and the quality of the print wasn't up to the OEM put out by the manufacturer of the printer.

See 1 answered question