5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and ease of use at a great price
If you're looking for an entry level scanner for light duty this is the one. Great size for limited space. The quality of the scans are very good however not as good as higher priced models. Software and scanner itself very simple to install. Overall a great item for the price!
Published on September 8, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for.
Published on August 1, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and ease of use at a great price, September 8, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Scanner, August 11, 2000
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
When I bought this scanner, it was about 99 bucks. I am very happy with it. It is very easy to use and hook up. Just follow the quick start guide and your golden. One touch scanning makes scanning quick and simple. Just press a button and select the program to use. It scans up to 1200 DPI which is plenty. It comes with good software- Textbrige Plus, Adobe Photodeluxe Home Edition 3.0, ScanGear CS-U, and Toolbox CS. I don't recommond it for Windows 95.(USB dosn't work good with Win95) If you consider in buying a scanner, I recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars love that canon, August 1, 1999
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
i have been using this scanner for about a month now and i have been having a blast with it. it is very easy to set up and use with the included software. let your imagination fly, with everything that you can do. i highly recommend this product, it's small size was one thing that led me to this scanner,so anyone with limited space for "extras" will like this. i am very pleased with the quality of the images and with a little tweaking i get beautiful photo quality results.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., August 1, 1999
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
The one day my scanner worked, they all contained a dark background that could not be corrected even with additional software without distorting the picture, even text had a dark background. The second day, no power. I spent 4 separate days holding, at my expense for tech support, but no one picked up. I sent an email that took 3 weeks to answer which said call tech support.

3.0 out of 5 stars Brightness/Contrast Problems and Torn Ribbon Cable, February 15, 2000
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
Overall I am very impressed with this scanner. For the money, you get an outstanding USB scanner in a small platform. I must concur with prior comments that pictures do not always turn out well. I have to always have Paintshop Pro automatically adjust the brightness and contrast to get any scanned photo to look halfway decent. I also have had to send my scanner back in for service because the ribbon cable attached to the scan head got tangled up repeatedly as the scan head moved back and forth. It finally ripped the cable. The cable sits on a tiny ledge and can easily slide to the side during the scan into a "deep pit" which then allows the scan head to mangle the cable. Not sure if this problem is unique to my scanner only. Customer support was great and I am now waiting for my scanner to return.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am impressed., February 2, 2000
jrdale8 (Pennslyvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
I must admit I was a little unsure about buying one of the lower priced scanners. Canon pleasently suprised me,though. This machine and software were easy to use. Software made it quick to make a copy or send pics. to someone. The scanning speed on pictures was fast. On text documents it was a little slow but if you just want a copy it works fairly fast. Overall I was very impressed with my choice. I did not have any problems setting it up, and it is nice and compact in overall space. The only things I would have liked better would be faster text scan and a top that lifts for larger objects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the price, February 1, 2000
sverdi (Washington D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
First of all, I considered the size of this scanner because my space is limited having a printer, fax machine, phone, etc. Why would I need a big box on top of my desk that I will use seldomly ? True, it is slow, but if you are not in the scanning business why do you need the expensive, fast scanner.
Quality is as good as the expensive scanner we have in the office. It is not blurry at all ! Again, this is not for professional use. I will not make 24x36 prints nor publish this. All I need it for is to share photos with friends and family, which I think the manufacturer intended it for.
So, for me, it does deserve a high mark, esp. because this is least bulky of all scanners I have seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Corporate user scanning 30 to 60 documents a day, August 24, 2000
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
We currently have one Canoscan FB620U in use and have ordered another one because of the flexibility and quality that it has offered. The scanning is a little slow going for high defintion but works great for scanning documents. The thing we appreciate the most is being able to control the size of the scanned item. This allows us to maintain more records on a hard drive than what other scanners have allowed us.

3.0 out of 5 stars Parallel is better, February 24, 2000
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
Its a good scanner but with darker shades. A parallel port scanner from canon is a better one than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first scanner, September 2, 2000
This review is from: Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner (Office Product)
Easy hookup to my PC-Pentium II processor. Easy setup, except for several attempts to complete the registration via modem--finally skipped through that and did the registration online. After that, I was quickly on my way, scanning my first photo in minutes. I felt it did a great job. I emailed my photos and response from my friends on the quality were very positive. Excellent choice for first-time scanner purchasers.
Only downside is there is no on/off switch. Overall I'm very satisfied with this scanner.

Canon CanoScan FB620U USB Flatbed Scanner