5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Cannon HF
I just received this so I have not yet tried to pack all of my components into it but I wanted to post some initial comments to help others that might have been as frustrated as I. First, the dimensions. Outside measurements are about 9.5 inches long (across), 3.5 inches wide (front to back), and 6 inches high (tall). The tag says the inside dimensions are 8 inches...
Published on May 27, 2010 by R. Harrington

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special. Limited storage for extras.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:33 Mins
This is a review of the Canon SC-A80 soft carrying case.

I recently purchased a Canon HF R50 camcorder bundle at Costco. This case was part of the bundle.

It's somewhat functional but nothing special. It has but a single zippered outside, pocket inside of which are two nylon pouch compartments. Then the...
Published 1 month ago by M. Erb

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Canon Soft Carrying Case SC-A80 for all Canon Consumer Camcorders (Electronics)
A Place for everything. Helps to protect the Camcorder and also places for accessories. It is exactly what I wanted in a case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for holding my camcorder and it's accessories, January 14, 2014
This Canon Soft Carrying Case SX-A80 is just what I needed. It's perfect for holding my Canon Vixia HF R300 Full HD Flash Memory Camcorder with 51x Advanced Zoom and it's accessories. Inside main compartment has an adjustable Velcro divider to allow for various camcorder size adjustments. Plenty of room left over for my tabletop tripod, the camcorder's USB transfer cable and a couple of other items. Outside zippered pouch with pockets inside that compartment is a good size for holding the extra batteries and memory cards. It's nice to be able to have everything all together in the case, I can just grab it and go without worrying about forgetting something.

Great buy at less than $20, I highly recommend this carrying case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cam Bag, January 7, 2014
I bought this for my Canon VIXIA HF R400HD camera, spare battery and charger and is a perfect fit for everything including a small tabletop tripod.
Fits everything in!
Usual Canon good quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Soft Carrying case, June 24, 2013
M. Osborne (Upper Michigan) - See all my reviews
This is a nice case. It holds the camera, extra battery packs and charger along with a few cables and memory card.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Case is perfect for my new Cannon Camera!, June 15, 2013
Thank you for such a nice camera bag for my new Cannon Camera. It arrived right on time and I just love the look of it!...So light and practical too. Thank you

4.0 out of 5 stars Small yet functional, January 28, 2013
Cunning Consumer (East Greenwich, RI USA) - See all my reviews
I was able to put the following into the SC-A80: Canon Vivia HF-M500 camcorder, Wasabi a/c battery charger, original battery (BP718), HDMI and USB cables included with camcorder, RM-D89 remote control, Sunpak Platinum Plus Mini-D table top tripod (all in main compartment); Canon original a/c power pack and 2 Wasabi BP718 compatible batteries (in front zippered pocket). The case holds all of this snuggly yet doesn't feel stuffed or bulging. The case seems well made with the exception that the stitching holding the velcro strip on the small carrying handle was missing on one edge ( other reviews have mentioned stitching issues)-lowered rating one star. This wasn't a big deal overall, as using the velcro feature on the handle is a hassle when opening the dual zippered top of the case. I leave mine "unvelcroed".

Overall, a good purchase for me. Would recommend for similar purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smelly But Can't Help, May 22, 2011
think556 (San Gabriel, CA) - See all my reviews
It does smell of gasoline, but the style, the functionality are far superior than my cousin's Lowepro. I hope the smell would go away one day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Vixia HF R500 using SC-A80 Case - It's all about the case, no trouble, December 16, 2014
Feels good to finally match a Canon bag to a Canon video camcorder Vixia HF R500. The camcorder's two cables and charger fit easily, and the bag stays on the smallish size. It's rugged enough; reminds me of bags, but smaller, for my old sony 8mm camcorder and nikon film camera now over a decade old and still workable. Nice to also get the camcorder on a half price sale, but unfortunately Amazon didn't offer the camcorder as low as Best Buy. A Canon bundle with a higher priced camcorder model clued me in on what to pursue, including what bag. I ruled out any wifi option because of consumer complaints, so the basic camcorder model R500, which has all the great options both HD and optical zoom, was good enough. It records at HD which in itself is an improvement over previous years consumer complaints. A consumer youtube confirmed the lowlight and other capabilities. My first few recordings were great, so it has a home. The R500 didn't come with flash memory, so I purchased a Transcend 32GB high speed SDHC flash memory on sale at Amazon. So now I have a Canon bundle at a much reduced cost. And yes the LCD menu is easy to figure out;already created a youtube.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but pretty darn good., January 9, 2015
Daniel Brady (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
It seems to be well-made, the adjustable divider makes it a custom fit for my Canon VIXIA camcorder with tripod plate and battery attached, with plenty of room for accessories and cords. The outer pocket fits an extra battery and a couple of chargers easily. A pocket or two for spare SD cards would have been nicer, but that's the only thing missing. I prefer detachable carry straps, but these are pretty solidly attached, and I can work with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great case but too tight for my canon d20 camera, May 31, 2014
Light weight sturdy case with an extra pocket for accessories. It's made of durable material. However, the case is too tight for my Canon d20 video camera.