Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 8pk Canon CLI 8 B,y,c,m,pc,pm,r,g Compatible Ink Cartridges WITH CHIP! For Pixma PIXMA Pro9000
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 28, 2010
I am a serious hobbyist with extensive photo printing from NIKON D700, top lenses, and Canon PIXMA 9000 printer. Naturally, I would like to save money on ink as much as anybody as the PIXMA is very good but does run through some colors quite fast, especially the Yellow, Photo Magenta, and Photo Cyan. I ordered a couple of sets of these inexpensive inks based on the positive reviews. They arrived in good order and without delay. Unfortunately, these inks are nowhere near the quality of CANON chromalife 100 ink. First of all the cartridges sometimes leak on installation and can make a bit of a mess which never happens with the Canon ink. Much worse is the terrible color renditions. Some of the inks seemed ok but those most critical for getting the right hue were way, way off. Basically, I had to throw away every photo I printed with these inks and then I threw away the ink. Don't even want to be tempted on a rainy day because the pro platinum paper I use is expensive too.

If you are serious about your photo printing then don't even consider buying these. The price is literally too good to be true and the colors are just not true.
on December 20, 2010
I received 8 cartridges that are a mix from 3 different sources. They don't cause any problems with the printer, but if you care at all about color, try a different product. The reds and yellows get washed out, and everything blue-shifts, so skin tones are way off, and blacks are almost purple.
on January 20, 2010
As an art student, I need good quality prints for assignments, but I don't have much money. These cartridges perform as well as the original at a much more affordable price.

I am not printing photo quality prints, so I cannot say how this ink functions on photo paper, but it gives clean, crisp prints on up to 14 X 17 inch art paper.

Additionally, I had a problem with one of the cartridges in the set. The company sent a new cartridge with no hassle and I received it in two days.
VINE VOICEon November 5, 2011
We use our Canon Pro 9000 Mark II for several purposes, including photos, kid's artwork, and construction materials for our kid's homework/projects. This ink works great for general non-photo use. But for photos printed on glossy paper like HP Premium Plus Photo Paper, soft Gloss (50 Sheets, 8.5 x 11 Inches), images come out mostly pink. Skin tones are pink, greens are brownish, and browns are grayish. For general printing, this might be a good option, but for photos, go with Canon's excellent Canon CLI-8 8-Color Multipack Ink Tanks.
on December 22, 2010
The cartridges fit perfectly, registered ink levels perfectly, and print just fine... as long as you are not printing photos. The blues are off when photo printing - at least the ones I received. The boxes were all mismatched from different brands, but they did all work fine.

I would definitely get them again for document printing and regular color printing, but next time I want to print accurate photos, I will pay the price for genuine ink.
on April 27, 2011
I was a little worried this ink was not compatible with my printer but, the ink worked great for me. I would by this ink again. I used the ink on a Canon Pro 9000 which printed great pictures. And the price was what really caught my eye........Great for budget orientated shoppers...
on December 27, 2010
I bought this a few months back and just had the chance to use it. I ran out of two colors on my Pixma 9000 and wanted to print two 8x10's as Christmas gifts. I wish I would have tried these inks before Christmas Eve because the color was so washed out due to the poor quality of this product the prints were useless. Don't waste your money.
on June 16, 2012
I found an excellent deal on the Canon Pro9000 Mark II printer, only problem was that the pack of Canon ink cost more than the printer itself. I tried out these generic ones and I am pretty happy with the results.
Side by side, the Canon ink is noticeably better for photo prints. But the generic ones are quite passable, and depending on your needs, may be good enough. Especially for just regular color printing (that is, not photos) the difference is even less noticeable, and the fact that the generic ink is about 1/10 of the price of the Canon brand, I think it is well worth it.

If you are looking to do high quality prints for clients, then it is probably worth sticking to genuine Canon ink. But for everyday printing, and non-important photo printing, this is a pretty good deal.

On thing to know (and perhaps this varies by seller) is there are many suppliers for the ink cartridges. Each time I have ordered the packaging is different. I haven't noticed any real change in quality from one to another, but just be aware of that.
on April 30, 2012
My wife bought this type of after market ink and now my MP530 won't print cause of clogged ink cartridges.

Even worse she shook the black and it threw ink on the walls, lampshade and desk. And really folk 3.95 for 8 cartridges?
on December 27, 2014
I am not sure about ink well technology but these seem to dry out quick. Every time I go to print it seems like another one is low. I don't remember how that compares to the original ones but I only print something on this printer every couple weeks. For the price, I will buy again.