Canon D10 availability at Amazon.com Anyone got news on when Amazon.com will have the Canon D10 available for delivery?
asked by S. kwok on May 21, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
The other sellers have likely gotten their stock via the international market. In the USA, canon has not yet released the D10. A lot of the other sellers that have the camera on amazon right now are based out of New York City which is a hot spot for the "international" products. I found all of this out while in NYC last summer looking for a 5D. Personall, I would wait until amazon gets the camera to avoid any potential issues (for example, some of the international products or "grey market" canon eos 5d's that I looked at in NYC had a plastic body as opposed to the magnesium alloy body that canon produces and sells)
G. Marshall answered on May 23, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been checking with canon for a release date to amazon or even a store in the US. First I heard May 9, then May 13, etc. Their only (hopefully) definate answer I have gotten is "by the end of May." I love canon's products, but this is annoying not knowing when I can finally get my hands on this camera!
G. Marshall answered on May 22, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm confused. A number of Canon D10 third party sellers on Amazon, state they have the D10 in stock and it's shipping.

Why then does Amazon state "This item has not yet been released."?
John Galt answered on May 22, 2009

A
BuyDig, Beach Camera and NewEgg start shipping the D10 out early last week. What is taking Amazon so long?
S. kwok answered on May 22, 2009

A
Thank you for the explanation.
John Galt answered on May 23, 2009

A
Actually, I had pre-ordered my camera directly from Amazon (paid Amazon price, Amazon shipped it to me, etc.) about a month ago and I received my camera last week. I noticed since then that the camera is back to pre-order status, so maybe Amazon really means "out of stock"?
Steve Biroschik answered on May 24, 2009

A
Nice. I have been waiting to see if I can get it before I go on my trip, and just emailed amazon today. They told me they had no idea when it would be "released" through them. Sounds like you got lucky, I should have just pre-ordered then too...
G. Marshall answered on May 25, 2009

A
Amazon shipped mine on May 27th via USPS.
Late Bloomer answered on May 27, 2009

A
There are no plastic 5D cameras, that is just what the scam artists in NY tell you so you spend more for the USA model. All canon EOS 5D's are the same, what is different is the warranty and the supplied accessories.
Michael T. Palmer answered on June 8, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product