5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera
Published on June 10, 2011 by reesenunn

2.0 out of 5 stars Delux Accessory Kit not so Delux
We purchased this camera and Deluxe Accessory Kit for our honeymoon. The camera works well, just as you would expect a Canon product. However, the Accessory kit is a completely different matter. The Camera bag sholder strap broke within 1 week of use. This was due to the cheap plastic that attached the strap to the bag. After "fixing" the attachment with a metal link,...
Published on September 15, 2012 by Jersey Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, June 10, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Zoom Lens + 16GB Deluxe Accessory Kit (Electronics)
This is my first SLR camera and I love it. I did extensive research before purchasing the T3 and could not be more pleased. This kit is the best price on the market and it shipped very fast. The camera took amazing pictures right out of the box. I have two kids and the quick shutter speed is perfect when they can't/won't sit still. The action shots are crisp and high quality as well. I rarely use the flash even for indoor shots. The auto mode increases the ISO level and makes the pictures look soft and beautiful.

I also read Digital SLR for dummies and picked up some great tips on how to make my amateur pictures look professional. I would highly recommend the T3 and the value kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except..., December 29, 2011
Buyer beware! The camera bag in the picture is not the camera bag that you receive with this product. The bag that you receive is much smaller and can barely fit the camera with just the one lens.

That being said... this is a great package. It's worth it just for the camera, the tripod (which is nice), the memory card, and the extra battery. I paid the extra 10 bucks for shipping and it arrived the next day so that was awesome.

Bottom line: great package, but the bag sucks. Be prepared to buy a different bag and factor that price into your decision.

JB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, Okay Accessories, January 23, 2012
First and foremost I ordered this item on a Friday and It came the following Monday, so shipping was excellent!

The camera in itself, the Canon EOS Rebel T3(1100D) is an exceptional camera for everyday and professional use. It has the capabilities of shooting with an Iso from 100 to 6400, it is comfortable to hold, very lightweight due to the hard plastic design, and the user interface is very easy to navigate.

The accessories, some good some bad. The SD Card is a 16 GB SDHC class 10, which is a very nice card, plenty of space when shooting just in Jpeg 12 Mp, it gives you well over 2000 pictures to take. The memory card reader is nice if you don't have an SD card slot on your PC. The Hdmi cord is a nice accessory but when I used it, it seemed to cause static noise on the picture on my hd tv. The tripod is an ok built tripod, when fully extended the lower legs are very thin and feel flimsy so take precaution when using this outdoors or near children. The bag definitely seems small, but It manages to fit the camera, an 18-55 MM lens that comes with it, and a 50 MM lens. I do recommend any user to purchase the Canon 50 MM F/1.8 lens. It is definitely a lens to have handy and its only around 100 dollars. As far as the lcd screen protectors, you have to cut it yourself to fit to the screen and they were really blotchy and bad when put on, so definitely pick up different ones or none at all if you take care of your equipment. Comes with an extra battery which is definitely handy when out and about. The table top tripod is actually really cool! Its so compact and structurally very well built. The memory card wallet is a nice addition too, not the best, a little tight, but definitely also comes in handy.

Overall- For the price that you get the Canon T3 with 18-55 MM lens, this is definitely a great pick up for anyone who is interested in getting a D-SLR and starting something new. This was hands down one of the better kits that the site has to offer for its price. But like I mentioned, picking up the Canon 50 MM f/1.8 along with this kit will make it worth your while!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase., October 6, 2013
After reading the reviews of others for literally a month before buying this bundle, I was aware of the flimsy tripod, small bag, and other products that aren't that good. So when my package finally arrived, on time, I was not shocked or disappointed. Although I must say, the tripod, if lengthened, yes the legs become flimsy and are weak. I wouldn't trust my camera on it. If you can use the tripod only at the base of 21' then it's very durable, I feel. I love it. The bag came a little dusty but nothing a few gentle cloth rubs couldn't get rid of. The bag isn't small to me, it is the bag that you see in the description picture and it has room for the camera, two lens, batteries, charging station, and a little more. I love it. I am worried about the top of the bag, the main part holding the camera and my lens, because there is no zipper to secure it, only the clamps. But as long as you're careful, you wont have a problem with this. I might be buying a more secure bag in the future but no time soon. All the products that are listed came with my camera and they are in good shape from what I can see. I have only had my camera bundle for 5 days now. I have used it but I am still a beginner so I am learning the ropes as the days go by. The camera itself and the lens are amazing! I am so very happy with this purchase overall and will be buying more lens in the near future for my camera. I would probably buy from Focus Camera again if I see a good bundle for lens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for a newbie, May 12, 2014
This is my first DSLR and so I was a little nervous jumping into the higher price not really knowing what I was doing. That said, I got an amazing deal on this set and am very pleased with the quality of photos the camera takes and how reasonably intuitive it is. I bought the kit and found the DVD moves way too quick with the information. For me that was kind of useless. It was far easier to watch a few YouTube videos and figure out the set up and basic functions. I read a few negative comments about the cheapness of the bag. I have no gripes about it. It's an average canvas bag with plastic clips and nice padding to keep the camera safe. I appreciate that for less than $450 I got a camera, back up battery, decent carrying bag, 59" tripod, and 16G flash drive. It's an amazing deal for a really great camera. I would definitely recommend it for any beginner to DSLR's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon EOS Rebel T3 + 18-55mm + Deluxe Accessory Kit = AMAZING, September 25, 2011
This purchase is perfect for a beginning or amateur photographer and includes everything who is ready to start the digital world of photography. I'm a college student who is just starting a major in photography and this is going to be perfect for a starter camera. The Canon T3 camera is very light weight and perfect for on the go life styles. One of my favorite things in the deluxe accessory kit is the camera bag because it fits everything that you get in the kit (except for the tripod, but that has its own case with a handle) and much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous photos!, August 11, 2013
I took this camera out from the box, inserted the battery and started taking pictures! Talk about amazing looking photos without touching a thing or opening the manual. When I did refer to the manual I preferred the DVD that came packaged with the camera instead of using the booklet. A perfect camera for a beginner with some impressive results.

The tripod, camera bag, and everything else that came packaged with this deal is perfect. I love it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Please with the Package Deal, August 2, 2012
After searching for information over the internet and buying a copy of Consumer Reports for a Digital SLR Camera for around $500, were down to a few different models. I looked here on Amazon for pricing and feature information as well. We then went to Best Buy to physically look, touch, try the cameras and see their pricing (They couldn't match what we found on Amazon). We decided on the package deal for the Cannon EOS Rebel T3 (Couldn't see spending $200 more for 6 more megapixels and a lower scoring view finder for the T3i)

We ordered on a Saturday evening, all items arrived on Wednesday (Well before the estimated time). Some of the reviews remarked poorly about the camera bag; I can only assume due to those remarks the package has been upgraded as the camera bag has plenty of room and appears to be very well made.

We were amazed at the quality of photographs this camera was taking! The ability to have control over various functions or allow the auto-settings to have control is very nice. The auto-setting seem to be very intuitive for the environment, subject, and whether there is motion involved.

Bottom line - for the price this is a very good camera, the package deal made it all that better, and it was still less expensive than just the camera itself at Best Buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, August 10, 2013
We bought this camera almost 2 years ago and it's still working great! This package comes with so much and is such a great deal. The best thing about the camera is just how easy it is to use. I don't know a lot about taking pictures, but it's such a great camera that I am able to take some fantastic shots! I have had people ask me to take their family pictures since I do such a great job, but it's really not me...it's the camera! I know several others who bought the same camera and they love it too. Definitely get this camera!

4.0 out of 5 stars Camera and accessary kit, October 31, 2012
I love the camera so far! But to it out in the camera bag for the first time this weekend and one of the prongs on the closure fastener broke off. I would love to get a replacement bag!!!