5.0 out of 5 stars Great SLR camera for the price, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens + Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens (Electronics)
This is intended to be an entry-level SLR and it fully meets my expectations. Great photos even in low light, fast response, lots of options (plenty for beginner-intermediate photographer). The telephoto lens is well worth the investment.

A tip: There are lots of lens options for this camera. You can get a cheaper telephoto lens (for example the 75-300 that comes in another bundled combo set) but pay close attention to what you're getting: the 75-300 does NOT have image stabilization. The 55-250 IS lens that comes in this bundle is a better lens - a great match for this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars 55-250 lens and T3 Bundle, January 12, 2012
Evil Spoon (Gugleheim, Alaska) - See all my reviews
I am not going to add to the conversation on how great this camera and lens both are for their individual prices. Yep! They're great! I just wanted to give people a heads up -- DO THE MATH!! Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the camera and the telephoto lens separately... as much as $120 cheaper if you shop around. Sometimes this bundle will price itself low enough to be worth the money. Sometimes not. So be careful and don't just buy this up. As of the moment I am writing this, you'd save $70 on Amazon buying the two products seperately. That, of course, is subject to change.

Happy shopping!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CAMERA EVER!!, September 23, 2012
Bought this for family/dog/motocross photos and couldn't be HAPPIER! Easy to use, the extra lens is a MUST. Super fast speed, and professional quality pics everytime. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 1, 2012
I have had my camera for two weeks and it works great. The picture quality is professional grade. I spend hours outdoors with my camera and my nature pictures are incredible. Get the Rebel T31100D field guide written by Charlotte K. Lowrie and have fun. Purchased from Amazon and got package deal with Zoom Lens. Great value. Easy to use, lots of creativity options. If your a beginner this is a good pick to learn and grow with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Rebel T3 Amazing!!!, October 20, 2012
The rebel EOS T3 is fantastic with the 18 - 55mm and 55 - 250mm lenses you can make any shot look professional. Yes there are better cameras available, but not for the price. The Software that came with the Camera is great and has some great effects. The 32GB card is fantastic and holds lots of shots and the price was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera for the Money, July 30, 2012
An entry level SLR, which is what I was looking for. Lens movement for zoom and focusing are smooth. Camera construction is great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 5, 2013
Totally satisfied. Simple to use and fabulous quality pictures, and fast action. If you are using a phone for pictures- Stop. Just stop right now. You are missing alot. Takes nice video also.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not a professional photographer, December 20, 2012
but I love this camera. It's such an upgrade from the regular cameras I have. My husband gave me this EOS Rebel as a gift and I am so overwhelmed with joy and curiosity to learn all the functions. The manual is so long and there are so many possibilities that I'm not sure if I will be ever able to use all. I'm thinking about taking some classes and learn more about my camera, so I can take full advantage of it. At first, I had issues playing the videos on my computer. They were all blurry and had these red horizontal lines. I read the manual, and it seemed that I was doing everything right, but for some reason I couldn't fix the issue. I thought about returning the camera because I was certain that it was damaged. Then, I contacted Canon and they sent me an email asking some specific questions. The issue was that I had not installed the canon software on my computer (genius jumped this step) and I was copying/pasting the videos and trying to play them on Windows Media Player. Canon customer service representative "hold my hand" and went with me step-by-step over all the things I need to do. It does work perfectly now. So, sometimes if the manual is not clear enough, I just contact Canon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera---great price, February 22, 2013
We ordered this camera before Christmas---I received it on Christmas eve just before our party. I charged the battery and started shooting away, and the second picture I took with this camera of my 5 yr. old we ended up making into a 5x7. My wife and I both love the camera---it is easy to use and takes great pictures. This is our first dslr camera, and what I like most is to be able to look through the viewfinder at our kids and be able to take the shot the instant you see that expression your looking for. Our point and shoot camera does a good job also, but it misses a lot of shots b/c it is too slow. I am still learning to use it so I am not going to be able to go into too much depth about it, but I am very happy so far with our purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Choice, January 27, 2014
This digital SLR will do more than 90% of its users are capable of doing with a camera. Having used Nikon 35mm SLRs for many years and processing my own film, this Canon digital has been fine for everything I want to do with it. It is also great for my wife who is strictly a point and shooter.
For anyone who is not the upper 7% of the photography crowd, this is a smart and nearly fool-proof system. For most, your pictures will look like they were taken by someone who knew what they were doing. Pick up an extra tele-photo lens and go out and have fun.
Good choice