Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on December 27, 2011
This is intended to be an entry-level SLR and it fully meets my expectations. Great photos even in low light, fast response, lots of options (plenty for beginner-intermediate photographer). The telephoto lens is well worth the investment.

A tip: There are lots of lens options for this camera. You can get a cheaper telephoto lens (for example the 75-300 that comes in another bundled combo set) but pay close attention to what you're getting: the 75-300 does NOT have image stabilization. The 55-250 IS lens that comes in this bundle is a better lens - a great match for this camera.
on January 12, 2012
I am not going to add to the conversation on how great this camera and lens both are for their individual prices. Yep! They're great! I just wanted to give people a heads up -- DO THE MATH!! Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the camera and the telephoto lens separately... as much as $120 cheaper if you shop around. Sometimes this bundle will price itself low enough to be worth the money. Sometimes not. So be careful and don't just buy this up. As of the moment I am writing this, you'd save $70 on Amazon buying the two products seperately. That, of course, is subject to change.

Happy shopping!
on October 1, 2012
I have had my camera for two weeks and it works great. The picture quality is professional grade. I spend hours outdoors with my camera and my nature pictures are incredible. Get the Rebel T31100D field guide written by Charlotte K. Lowrie and have fun. Purchased from Amazon and got package deal with Zoom Lens. Great value. Easy to use, lots of creativity options. If your a beginner this is a good pick to learn and grow with.
on September 23, 2012
Bought this for family/dog/motocross photos and couldn't be HAPPIER! Easy to use, the extra lens is a MUST. Super fast speed, and professional quality pics everytime. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone!
on October 20, 2012
The rebel EOS T3 is fantastic with the 18 - 55mm and 55 - 250mm lenses you can make any shot look professional. Yes there are better cameras available, but not for the price. The Software that came with the Camera is great and has some great effects. The 32GB card is fantastic and holds lots of shots and the price was great.
on January 27, 2014
This digital SLR will do more than 90% of its users are capable of doing with a camera. Having used Nikon 35mm SLRs for many years and processing my own film, this Canon digital has been fine for everything I want to do with it. It is also great for my wife who is strictly a point and shooter.
For anyone who is not the upper 7% of the photography crowd, this is a smart and nearly fool-proof system. For most, your pictures will look like they were taken by someone who knew what they were doing. Pick up an extra tele-photo lens and go out and have fun.
Good choice
on December 20, 2012
but I love this camera. It's such an upgrade from the regular cameras I have. My husband gave me this EOS Rebel as a gift and I am so overwhelmed with joy and curiosity to learn all the functions. The manual is so long and there are so many possibilities that I'm not sure if I will be ever able to use all. I'm thinking about taking some classes and learn more about my camera, so I can take full advantage of it. At first, I had issues playing the videos on my computer. They were all blurry and had these red horizontal lines. I read the manual, and it seemed that I was doing everything right, but for some reason I couldn't fix the issue. I thought about returning the camera because I was certain that it was damaged. Then, I contacted Canon and they sent me an email asking some specific questions. The issue was that I had not installed the canon software on my computer (genius jumped this step) and I was copying/pasting the videos and trying to play them on Windows Media Player. Canon customer service representative "hold my hand" and went with me step-by-step over all the things I need to do. It does work perfectly now. So, sometimes if the manual is not clear enough, I just contact Canon.
on November 21, 2014
Used it recently & extensively on the Viking River Cruise from Budapest to Passau, and I noticed that there were a number of other folks carrying Canon cameras also.
Put a 32GB card in to hold/save my pictures. Took them in the 'RAW', as my son recommended, and used it all up!
I used the basic lens for the majority of my shots. Kept it mostly on Auto, but also used the 'No Flash' and 'Evening' settings for night and indoor shots.

To say the least- I was a happy camper & impressed with what I came home with!

Now- I need to go somewhere again, so I can use my camera more! Can't wait! :–)
on December 2, 2015
A few months after I got this camera it started messing up. I had to use my old camera for the birth of my son because it would say 'error....' after shooting. I found out it will still take pictures, I just have to turn the camera off and back on to see them. I've learned to live with it, but it's really annoying. I've googled the error message and most people say I need to buy a new camera or pay hundreds to try to get it fixed. This was a major splurge for a decent camera. I expected better quality and longevity for the price. I'm not a professional and I don't take many pictures, I'll listen to my friends next time and get a Nikon.
on February 22, 2013
We ordered this camera before Christmas---I received it on Christmas eve just before our party. I charged the battery and started shooting away, and the second picture I took with this camera of my 5 yr. old we ended up making into a 5x7. My wife and I both love the camera---it is easy to use and takes great pictures. This is our first dslr camera, and what I like most is to be able to look through the viewfinder at our kids and be able to take the shot the instant you see that expression your looking for. Our point and shoot camera does a good job also, but it misses a lot of shots b/c it is too slow. I am still learning to use it so I am not going to be able to go into too much depth about it, but I am very happy so far with our purchase.