5.0 out of 5 stars Case is the best part
I normally carry small digital cameras in my pants pockets, but they can get scratched by keys and coins. I put this case on my belt and my SD camera fits like a glove, is instantly available, and never gets scratched. It looks rather like a cell phone on your belt, so doesn't attract a lot of attention.

Some reviewers complain about having to thread the...
Published on January 16, 2007 by J. Paulsonn

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average
Case: made in China case has stiff leather and mine had a strong chemical smell (aniline or a phenol derivative, neither are "nice chemicals").

Neck Strap: downright silly, unless you are into wearing flashy metal chains. The serrations will dig into neck on warm days after a period of use. Not comfy.

Battery: Only thing useful. I should have gotten...
Published on July 6, 2007 by Ivan W. Ong

5.0 out of 5 stars Case is the best part, January 16, 2007
This review is from: Canon Digital Elph Accessory Kit for Canon SD990IS, SD970IS, SD880IS, SD800IS, SD890IS, SD950IS, SD900, SD870IS, SD850IS & SD790IS Digital Cameras (Electronics)

Some reviewers complain about having to thread the handstrap through the little hole in the case flap. Why? Don't bother...just let the strap protrude from under the flap. This is truly a non-issue.

Battery--I'm glad to have a spare battery, but to be honest, no matter how much I use my SD800, I've never run out of battery power, so I'm not sure a second battery is a must, the way it is with some other cameras.

Given this, you might want to buy just the case instead of this kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessories, Great Price, August 22, 2006
You can't beat the price on the kit vs. purchasing separately - and if you purchased the camera with it's small size as an important factor you'll want a small, sleek case. It would be nice if it included a tiny pocket for extra battery, hence my four star rating. The case is great quality leather, very soft. Battery life is really good with this camera anyway, but a second battery is key when traveling. Neck strap is unique - may or may not use personally, but is a clever idea.

2.0 out of 5 stars Below average, July 6, 2007
Ivan W. Ong (Charlotte, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews

Battery: Only thing useful. I should have gotten a spare battery and ordered a nice case somewhere else. There are lots of after market choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT price for your new camera accessories!, June 12, 2006
I just bought the Canon SD700 and wanted a new battery and a new case for it. WOW, this is a great price for a perfect case and a genuine Canon battery too. All of these items are genuine canon products, not an offmarket item. And, with Amazon's free shiping, it is a great deal too! The neck strap is something I didn't think I would like, but LOVE IT! The case is a perfect fit and I love everything about this package....I don't use the wrist strap though, strictly the neck...it's great!

4.0 out of 5 stars poor case design mars the kit, January 27, 2007
W. Y. Lin "wylin923" (torrance, ca United States) - See all my reviews
the kit is a good value but the case u need to be careful of it can scratch the lcd if u pull the camera out quickly because it is made of hard leather that barely flexes and has a steel button that will mar the lcd. Besides that its a great bargain for the careful camera user.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have to accompany your Canon SD series camera.., July 3, 2006
No need to purchase everything separately! This kit has it all. Genuine canon case, battery, and neck strap. The case fits my SD700 perfectly. It has a hard insulation, very sturdy but yet looks elegant with the leather covering. The cover snaps nicely, there is a hole at the top of the cover to feed the wrist strap through (there is also a matching wrist strap that comes with the case if you choose to use this one other than the wrist strap that comes with the camera). Please be aware the case only has room for the camera and no room for extra batteries or cards.

Canon knows how to accessorize their cameras! It's a no brainer to purchase this accessory kit when purchasing a PowerShot SD series camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Camera Accessory Package vs Target, November 10, 2006
I found the perfect camera case for my new 800IS at Target. The cost was $3.99 and it holds an extra card as well as an extra battery. I bought the extra battery online for $13.50. While I bought the camera itself from Amazon at what I considered a great price, the accessory package is just too overpriced.

Eileen

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, January 16, 2007
The case is nice leather and fits the SD700IS very well. It's small enough that it doesn't add much to the size of the camera (after all, I bought a compact camera so that it would be small enough to always have it with me and a big case would defeat that purpose), but is sturdy enough to protect the camera. The package doesn't say so, but it comes with a matching leather wriststrap (package only mentions metallic neckstrap, which is included also). I read too many complaints that non-Canon batteries didn't fit well in the camera, so I decided to stick with the Canon brand battery. Getting the case and battery in this Accessory Kit was less expensive than buying the case and battery separately.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy for SD950 IS, January 5, 2008
Mustang (Southern NJ USA) - See all my reviews
After reading about this incompatibility, I went to BB with my 950IS and sure enough the camera has to be pushed with enough force you think it might scratch the camera. Very uncomfortable for a high priced (but worth it) camera. And then use extra force just to pull the flap down and engage the snap. The fit is so tight that the LCD screen protector I put on it started to peel off just because a tiny bit of it was on the edge of the screen.

Probably great for the smaller SDs, just not recommended for the 950IS. We went with a LowePro at BB.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what i was looking for, November 10, 2006
you buy a small camera so that you can put it in small places, so why buy a large camera case. sure there is no room for an extra battery, but you can slip the case and camera into your pocket. works great for me.