Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon 200DG Digital Camera Gadget Bag -Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

I was hesitant to purchase this bag even after I saw it in the store. I was afraid that it wouldn't be large enough to hold all of the equipment that I needed to carry but I purchased it anyway. I am really glad that I did as it is the perfect size for what I wanted and I was so happy I made a video to show you how I loaded it up with my camera and lenses. The bag is made of rugged and durable nylon that is water repellent and it has an overlapping weather type lid that seals on the sides with Velcro. The lid over lapping sides of the bag makes the water run off the lid and off the bag instead of into the bag through a zipper.

The bag is very versatile and in my case I have stored a Canon 7D , a 50mm lens, a 28-135mm lens, a 70-300mm lens, three large lens hoods and quite a few other accessories and I still have room for the future. Several of the storage areas have zippered net pockets in them to hold memory sticks and other accessories. There is a lot of storage on the ends of the bag as well as on the front and in the lid.

The bag is extremely well made and all of the hardware is robust and made to last. You will notice the difference in the quality of the bag as soon as you see it. The bag is well padded and there was even enough room for me to be able to put my lenses into 3mm neoprene lens bags and still have them fit into the bag with double padding and protection. The bag comes with a nice padded carrying strap that is comfortable and very well made. The latching hardware is strong and rugged. There is a dual carrying handle on top that has its straps stitched in multiple places to make it is securely attached to the top of the bag.

I am extremely happy with the bag and I recommend it to you as a very good buy. I got a great deal on mine and I couldn't pass up buying it. I am glad that I did!
1717 comments| 204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2006
I purchased the 200DG as part of a kit (UV filter/battery included). The bag itself was worth the price.

Here is what I am carrying:

Interior Body:

Rebel XT (body) w/shoulder strap

Battery Grip

Speedlite 430EX

55-200mm lens w/hood in lens case

18- 55mm in lens case

Lens cleaner spray bottle (7.5" high)

Assortment of cleaning clothes

(I still have room for another lens)

Interior Overhead Compartment

Extra Filters

Spec Papers

Exterior Front Comparment (large) (1)

Instruction Manuals

Battery Charger

Extra Battery

Pens/Pad

Exterior Side comparments (small)(2)

All my Cables

Small Screw Driver

Extra Lens Caps

Oh yeah, my tripod/ held securely in front

All compartments have either zippers or straps to secure your "stuff"

Recommendation: a big 5 of 5
11 comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2005
I was very implressed with this bag. First of all i have to tell you what i fit inside this bag

1. My DSLR camera with 18-70 lens,

2. My 35mm SLR body

3. A telephoto zoom lens 55-200

4. My Sony HC-42 camcorder.

5. All the manuals, filters, film rolls, a mini tripod and the cables for my DSLR and camcorder.

I still have enuf room in it left to fit another lens. It has ample side and top pocket space to fit your small stuffs. Sits comfortably on your sholder. Doesn't require you to squat and place it on the ground to access the contents (like backpacks).

The only reason i gave it 4-stars is, it would have been perfect with a zippered top rather than vulcrows. Well worth the money.
33 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2006
After reading some reviews and comparing prices, I decided to get this bag. It is quite large and perhaps slightly larger than what i had imagined it to be from the pictures. It has a lot of space for a camera body and 4 other lenses (incl the longish canon 70-200mm f/4) with some room left for other accessories. The strap is padded for comfort in the area where it rests on the shoulder. It is generally well made and looks very good. Although the canon logo kind of makes it obvious what's in the bag.

But after a weekend of day trips with this bag, I found that with all the stuff in the bag, it is quite heavy. I am leaning towards getting a backpack that may be more appropriate and convenient for walking/hiking comfort.
on August 23, 2007
This bag is a pretty good deal and is quite nice. Here's the breakdown.

Pros
-Bag is big, it can carry pretty much everything it says it can
-Padding is excellent better than the padding on my Ape Case bag. Bottom padding is excellent. There are also two rubber pieces on the bottom to protect the bag.
-Comes with plenty of dividers so you can configure it however you want
-Top lid has velcro so you can secure the bag relatively well without having to buckle the buckles in place everytime. Velcro is only on the two sides of the top lid, not on the front of the lid.
-Shoulder strap is on a pivoting hinge so the strap never gets twisted up. One reviewer for the Canon 2400SLR bag says that its strap is not pivoting. For me this is a big plus!

Cons
-The bag is big, bigger than the pic. Don't get this bag if you're just taking one lens and one flash with you, there'll be too much empty space. This bag would be good if you're an amateur with about 3-4, maybe 5 lenses, and one body, going on a photography trip. So this is not really a con if you want something big.
-The shoulder strap has padding but the padding isn't adjustable so it's hard to get the padded part on your shoulder perfectly. The shoulder padding should slide on the shoulder strap but instead is fixed.
-The two main buckles have a pro & con. The female portion of the buckle is metal while the male portion of the buckle is plastic. Uh, why?
-Zipper compartments don't have double zippers, just one, so when you open the compartment, you open it at the very bottom of the zipper line. It can be easy to have things fall out since the lid can flop right open, especially the front compartment.
on January 18, 2009
This is my second Canon 2100DG gadget bag. The first was destroyed when my sewer backed up into my basement. It's a well made, light weight bag that is easily carried by a strap that goes over the shoulder or diagonally across the body there is also a hand carry handle. It's possible to get into the bag when you are carrying it, but I usually put it on the ground to do this. There are strips of plastic on the bottom so the bag does not land directly in the dirt when you set it down. Below I've listed what I tote along when I go out for a day. With the exception of the right pouch I still have room in all these areas for more stuff; I just don't need anything else.

Inside the main compartment

* Lens filters

Outside right pouch
* Lunch
on May 12, 2007
I recently purchased this bag for my Canon Digital rebel xti. This was a perfect fit for my camera, lenses, and gear. I have a 17-85 is usm lens and a 70-300 is usm lens. These fit perfectly in the bag. There are several pullout sections and the bag can be reconfigured. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on March 1, 2006
This bag is great! It's made extremely well!

It not only fits my new camcorder but it also fits my Digital Camera, Extra Batteries, 10 Extra Mini-DV Tapes, Rechargeable Battery Unites, Manuals, Etc.

You will not be disappointed, I saved over $25 buying this from Amazon verses Best Buy!
on July 20, 2012
Having just purchased a Canon EOS 7D Camera, I wanted to purchase the perfect accessory bag to go with it. While browsing the camera bag selections at both Ritz Camera and at my local Best Buy, I stumbled upon this particular bag. At both of those stores, however, this bag retailed for $59. Fortunately, I had my phone with me and pulled up the Amazon app with which I found the exact same bag for $39. As an Amazon Prime member, I also received free 2-day shipping, which both enabled me to not only shave $20 off the retail price, but also shave off any associated shipping charges and sales tax.

All that aside, this is a GREAT bag with multiple compartments on the sides, a mesh zipper pouch along the underside of the top cover when opened, and multiple, extremely sturdy velcro spacers within the bag itself to both section off and protect your camera body, lenses, and lens hoods. I was able to fit 3 lenses, two lens hoods, and camera body in that area alone. Within the mesh pouch, I placed my extra lens caps, camera manual, cleaning brush, cleaning cloth, and memory cards. In addition to the space, the bag also comes with an optional/removable strap that enables you to wrap the bag over your shoulders during transport. Yet another unspoken feature is the bottom of the bag that gives it a slight elevation from the floor to protect the underside. If you are looking for the perfect bag, then look no further.
on February 24, 2006
I love the bag. It has enough room to carry my 35MM Canon Rebel along with my Canon Rebel XT Digital and the four lenses I use between the two of them. Movable partitions are great. It even has straps to carry my tri-pod. I would recommend this bag to anyone who has two cameras and likes to be able to carry both cameras and all necessary accessories with them.