5.0 out of 5 stars Ben Long Makes it Easy
I recently bought a Canon SXI camera. I read through the manual. The manual is well written, but I felt I needed more information. I found that information in The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSI/450D Companion by Ben Long.
Long takes the approach that you are brand new to photography and have recently bought this great camera. Now, how do you use it? He takes you step by...
Published on October 20, 2008 by Charles Flum

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much emphasis on Automatic/Program mode
Overall: the book was well written and quite easy to follow, although not always. I am a beginner and have just recently bought this camera and wanted something to better show me how to use it. It did help alot in helping me recognise, understand and thus use functions on the camera previously unknown to me. However, as time went by and I practised more, read the book...
Published on February 21, 2009 by A. Skerritt

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, December 29, 2008
lpgadreamer (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
I got this book as a xmas present to accomplish my newly purchased canon rebel xsi. the book is great for sb. like me, who has very limited knowledge on SLR and photography in general. It offers very basic knowledge on how the camera works, as well as all the good tricks you can get from this camera, i'm getting a lot from it in addition to reading the xsi manuel. Highly highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon expanded manual., January 25, 2009
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
This book is like an expanded manual to the one that accompanies the XSi and builds on what is in the manual. It is very helpful if you are new to photography or especially DSLR's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Camera I ever owned, December 16, 2008
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
I have been a professional photograper for over 20 years, recently retired. I have always had digital "point & shoot" cameras over the years. This is the first SLR Digital I have purchased but after holding it and trying it out, I immediately fell in love with it. Very capable and yet, if you don't want to fool with all the potentials, it can operate as a "point & shoot" camera also. My wife loves it and especially how fast a response time on the shutter. The fact that it can easily take multiple exposures at the rate of over 3 frames per second is really a nice feature. You are almost always assured that one of the frames will be the best "right on" one that you wanted.

I especially like the fact that you can customize with different lenses to your hearts content. The Canon lenses are a bit expensive but excellent quality. I do think Canon should quit being so cheap and include a lens hood with each lens, rather than charging extra for it. Overall, I like the size, weight and layout of the buttons on this camera. Very intuitive and easy to use. A great package and priced competitively.

Purchasing from Amazon.com is the only way to go - free shipping, great pricing and everything was done as it should be - prompt and efficient!! I would highly recommend Amazon.com for any future purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, December 12, 2008
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
I have enjoyed the simplicity of this book. Very well-written. Ben Long, I wish I had had your book long ago. I have learned so much from your instruction. Perfect companion to the Rebel XSi. I am pleased to have made this purchase. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, January 11, 2013
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
Purchased this a Christmas gift for a friend. I was just the book I was looking for and I hope it was helpful for her. I haven't gotten any feedback from her yet

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, September 12, 2009
Rob (Melbourne, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
This book is perfect for getting the most out of your Rebel XSi. Most highly recommended for the beginner to the expert.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion, February 7, 2009
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
Must have to get the most out of the XSi. Well written and addresses specific tasks, one at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for new dSLR user!, January 30, 2009
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
We have been enjoying learning about our new camera, and digital photography in general, from this great and thorough book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well written book, but too simple, March 3, 2009
Amazon Customer (Silicon Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
This book covers a lot of basic stuffs. My Canon XSI is my first DSLR camera. I read the manual of it, and some online basic photograph instructions, and found that I've known 90% of the content of this book already. I hoped that it could teach me more, although I don't know more of what.

Nevertheless, the book is well written. And it's well printed too. Good paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion Book, September 21, 2009
This review is from: The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion (Paperback)
Being new to photography, I needed something to learn from and this book was actually recommended to me from a friend. It taught me everything I need to know about my Canon XSi and much, much more. If you own an XSi then this is the only book you will ever need.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion
The Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/450D Companion by Ben Long (Paperback - September 22, 2008)
$24.99 $18.98