From the Back Cover
What do you want to photograph? Nature? Fascinating places you visit? Family activities? Whatever your passion, your Canon Digital Rebel lets you leave limitations behind and express your creativity. This convenient guide is packed with helpful information you'll use almost every time you pull out your Digital Rebel camera essentials, photography basics, and fail-proof formulas for creating dynamite photos, all richly illustrated in full color. It'll be the second most important tool in your camera bag.
- Learn to use every feature and setting on your EOS Digital Rebel
- Refresh your knowledge of aperture, shutter speed, and depth of field
- Explore different lighting effects
- Check out ideal formulas for more than 30 common shooting scenarios, including tips on lighting, lenses, exposure, and more
- Get tips on converting RAW images, editing, and printing
- Discover the powerful new features of the Digital Rebel XT
About the Author
is an award-winning freelance journalist and professional photographer based in the Seattle area. She was the managing editor of MSN Photos for more than four years, and is currently the managing editor of Photoworkshop.com’s Double Exposure
online magazine. In addition, she writes for several newsstand photography magazines and Web sites. She shoots commercial and editorial assignments as well as stock photography. She is also the author of Teach Yourself Visually Digital Photography
, 2nd Edition, also published by John Wiley & Sons.
You can see more of her work at www.wordsandphotos.org.