Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Is the Canon EF 24-105mm the US version or the imported version?
asked by Tamara D. Washam on June 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
You can be certain that any EF 24-105 f/4L lens for under a $1000 is going to be grey market lens whether it says so in the description or not. B and H Photo and Video carries both US and Overseas versions. The Grey market lens is $100 cheaper (1149 vs 1049). I recommend that you only buy from one of the big retailers (Beach, Adorama or direct from Amazon.com) to be certain that you know which you are getting. If you do buy grey market, buy a domestic after market warranty. Independent retailers are notorious for giving poor service and so your risk is much higher not matter what the online ratings say. They have ways of coercing people into removing unfavorable ratings. The after market warranties from the secondary retail sites can be as worthless as the product so do not believe that it is any protection from a bad retailer. Make sure that you pay with a credit card so that you can stop payment if you don't get what you were promised.
B. Hurst answered on June 30, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just received this lens purchased directly from Amazon. It came in a white box clearly marked grey market and had no warranty card.
nellie answered on September 18, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I purchased directly form Amazon and the lens arrived in a retail box with a USA warranty card.
R. Adams answered on October 23, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Purchased directly from Amazon.com and received a US retail box with USA / Canada warranty card. I got very lucky with this purchase as I just happened to check my Wish List on Oct 24 1013 and saw the price on this 24-105 dropped to $700 the lowest price over the last 5 years as per CamelCamelCamel.com
SoCal Al answered on October 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is another version of this lens selling on Amazon for $714.00...the description looks just exactly like this one. Not sure what the difference in the two lenses are.
P. Strong answered on August 7, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Some people think f4 is not good enough to go with 24-105mm, so they prefer 5D mark iii body only to the whole package. This 24-105 len maybe come from the 5D iii package, which possibly makes it cheaper than the retail price.
Jingjing S. answered on August 27, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product