Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on January 24, 2014
Upgrading from a rebel xti I'm very happy with this purchase. I bought all my glass before getting decent body. I was split between this and the 6D. I do wish it was better in low light but it has other features that make up for it. Don't get me wrong it is still a good performer in low light. I can live using my 580 exii flash for those low light moments. I don't shoot weddings therefore I don't have such a necessity for full frame. This camera has a very decent 7 frames a second. The touch screen is excellent and acts just as a smart phone. The fact that it articulates in every direction is also a plus for those overhead shots or video. The wireless function is also nice for viewing pictures and deleting them in the field without a computer or having to hold the camera. It also comes in handy for sharing pictures on-the-go. Another nice feature is that it's not as heavy as the 7D or the 5D. Overall this camera is hard to beat at this price level given all the features it offers. I have it paired with a 24-105 f4L which has come to life off of the rebel. My 70-200 f2.8L is ii now has a camera attached to it since it only had a "Glorified lens cap" with the xti. I have not tired my 50mm 1.4 or my 18-200. I know I won't be disappointed. I got some amazing shots of my family on our last vacation and hope to capture many more moments.
on March 4, 2014
What can be written about this camera, that hasn't already been written? If your looking at this camera, then you've YouTubed the heck out of the internet, you've already decided on which lenses you going for. In my research, for photography it's either this or the Nikon 7100, with the Nikon arguably slightly better. For videography, their isn't much, if anything on the market close that does the job as this does. That said, you already know this, and there is so much out there to prove it. So if your looking at this deal, then your interested in the card, bag and kits all for less than the retail body only price.

So what are my thoughts having bought this package? Good seller, very good deal, the bag is ok, nothing special but a bag none the less, the card is a class 10 card, I've been told that some have gotten "Fujifilm" I got a Sony class 10. lens cleaner is nothing exciting, so there you have it. Do you get this, or the camera body only from canon? I got this, and have absolutely no regrets.

The dealer (Beach Camera) was excellent with next day shipping as well as responding to questions regarding shipping, so big thank you to them too.

POLOMiNT
on December 20, 2013
This is a cool camera with an amazing capabilities.

The two lenses that come with it are pretty good and cover a wide range from wide field to moderate telephoto. The little tripod is kind of a joke. The cleaning kit is fine if you don't already have one. The included memory chip is fast. Since the kit lenses have different objective adapter ring sizes it comes with the appropriate haze filters which are always my first purchase after getting a new camera/lens. If for no other reason than to protect the front of my expensive lens. The included software is good enough to get you going, but definitely is not Photoshop. Comes with two batteries. (One Canon, one aftermarket) both work well so far. the bag is Okay, but I seldom use bags so it will likely gather dust on my shelf.
on May 6, 2014
I chose to buy this camera because of all of the excellent reviews that I read about this camera. I researched a lot of cameras , and the Canon 70D seemed to meet my needs better than the rest. I have not used all of the shooting modes or all of the numerous settings yet, but the ones that I have used work well . the 70D is very user-friendly. I would recommend the 70D to anyone wanting to expand their photography skills.
on March 24, 2014
This is the best investment I ever made on a dslr camera. If you are reading this review and this sounds like you. I highly recommend you to get this camera. Ok, here's my story..... I wanted everything in 1 device. What I mean by everything in 1 device is finding a great camera that will take a good video. Great camera + cam recorder. Who doesn't want that? I hate to carry two devices when I'm going to events or a family trip. This is the best dslr that I purchased so far. It is a bit expensive but I think it is worth it.

Anyways, Let me give you the pros and cons of this camera.

Pros: take quality pictures, video recording is amazing even uses in auto mode, quiet, extremely fast.

Cons: nothing for now but I do wish that it was a bit lighter. It weighted about 2 lbs with 55-18 mm lens and a battery.

Ps. I have returned couple of canon and nikon dslr cameras until I have purchased this nearly perfect canon 70d over the weekend. I am not a professional photographer but I like to take a good pics and do video recording with making any kind of noise.

I hope my review is helpful for those that wanted a good camera but don't know which one to buy..
on August 9, 2014
Have used this camera on some weddings for both still shooting and video work. I has worked perfect for this type of event. The 32 GB card worked fine and the camera bag is ok, nothing great about it, it's just a common cheap bag. The camera has a built in microphone, it works fine but it's not great. You will get wind blown noise and have to be close to the people speaking. I added a battery grip to it, giving it more weight and battery life for video work. I went with the cheaper Neewer Battery grip which is fine, had no problems with it. The camera has no way to monitor your audio, so this camera is a good second camera if combined with the Mark III. It is a cropped senor, but for weddings and events it works fine. The camera tracks better then other Canon cameras, so for the price, it is worth buying
on September 2, 2014
I have owned a 30D for years and liked it. I upgraded to the 70D for an upcoming trip to the Grand Canyon. I like the ability to use the same lenses for both. I love the wifi capability and the picture quality is superb!
on May 22, 2014
Other than not having GPS (which my 6D has), and having no way to monitor sound (other than a display) I love this camera. The movie mode focuses as advertized. I've noticed that the AF Servo tracking (like birds) doesn't seem to be as good as my 6D, but this is no well tested opinion. The images are sharp and I enjoy the 20 mb resolution for cropping. I often use this with a 70 to 300mm zoom so I get the extra 1.6x kick from the lens with this quality camera.
on October 5, 2014
Great wildlife camera. The cropped sensor gives you another 60% reach with those expensive lenses. The focusing system is really the heart of this camera. It's easy to work and manage in the shooting position. The 7FPS drive mode is nuts and perfect for nature shots. Love the touch-screen x1000000000000000. It makes for quick and easy adjustments.
on June 8, 2014
I take a lot of picture in doors at events using a flash and not in doors often. This camera (in combination with the the lenses a step above the ones offered with the camera) meets may needs to fame focus and shoot at events without becoming a distraction to the people I volunteer to cover and image. It is a compelling upgrade to the earlier cameras in this series.