5.0 out of 5 stars Mom's review for son

2.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money
Published on February 1, 2012 by Ocean Lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Mom's review for son, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
My son bought this book using my account. Here is his review: I recently purchased the Canon camera and was having trouble learning to use it. I have a learning disability and Mom recommended this book saying it would be easier for me to read. It is very easy to read and easy to understand for beginning photographers, especially ones with learning disabilities. After using the camera (I absolutely love it), and getting stuck on something, I go to the book to get help and suggestions and so far I have always found answers to the questions I needed help with. It is very informative for beginners and has more information than I will be able to absorb in a year's time. But believe you me, I am having a ball learning!!! I very, very highly recommend this book to a beginning photographer, with or without a learning disability!! It is detailed enough when I need the details but also has illustrations of what it is talking about which greatly enhances the teaching for me. It is amusing and holds interest very well. Get this book to go with your new camera and then later after learning the basics about your new camera, get a more advanced one if you want or need it. That's what I am going to do and am having a fabulous time doing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you own the T3i, get this book!, June 15, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
I haven't come close to reading the entire book, but so far it is just fabulous to flip through as I learn about my new T3i. You get technical info as well as tips in a down to earth, super readable format. Great pictures to illustrate the info as well. A must buy if you have the T3i!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have!!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
Like most people, point & shoot has been our primary choice of camera (aside from cell phone) for the last 5+ years at a minimum. I purchased this book for my wife to help her get a better understanding of all the features of the T3i I purchased her for Christmas. This book is amazing! It lays out everything in easy to understand writing. I used to shoot 35mm in high school & knew a lot about setting f-stop, shutter speed, etc. But, this book so easily explains everything in simple terms, helping me even get back into the fun of owning a more professional camera.

I would recommend this book as a MUST HAVE to anyone who purchases a T3i (or even those that do already own & want to go that extra step inside the depths of their Canon T3i's capabilities)!!

- Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
Easy to read. Must have for all t3i users. I am beginner and learned the more difficult features quite easily. Must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly - a great guide book, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
To be honest, I haven't picked up a "Dummies" book in quite a while. I got tired of trying learn programs like the early versions of Photoshop from a book series that wasted time with jokes and tried to teach color editing with black and white photos. I picked up this new Dummies book on the Rebel T3i and was surprised at the advances in the series. It is concise, well written and has every visual sample rendered in full color. These books have come a long way. The table of contents is well laid out, allowing you to find various sections quickly and explanations are to the point. I do bemoan the attempts to be "clever" by Julie Adair King, the author, but I suppose that's the deal with the Dummies series. Take out that cuteness and you'd have a more precise guide.
All in all, the book does its job well and I recommend it over the glossier, glitzier and more expensive rivals. You'll learn your Canon T3i/600D much more quickly using this excellent guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource For Beginners!, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
I've struggled with my camera's instruction manual for over a year. It's helpful when it comes to technical aspects of the T3i camera, but was no help in teaching me HOW TO USE THE CAMERA. This book is worth its weight in gold and it's what I've been searching for. Easy to read and understand with just enough graphics to simplify each concept. I highly recommend this book for others who are trying to learn how to use their Canon T3i.

2.0 out of 5 stars Save Your Money, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
After purchasing my Canon T3i camera, I was excited to learn everything about it so I purchased the Dummies book. As far as I'm concerned it was no more informative than the instruction manual that came with the camera. Granted the illustrations were nice but the book had you skipping all over the place by referring you to different chapters for more informatiion on specific details.

I downloaded detailed information specifically for this camera from many different websites on the internet that was free and easier to follow. Unless you're impressed with lots of colored photos save your money and search the internet

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't feel like a dummy now!, June 27, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
Easy to follow! The camera can seem overwhelming, especially if you're just entering the SLR world. This book provides easy to follow information from basics to the more advanced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those new to DSLR, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
I have multiple devices that have never been used to their full potential because I just didn't know how to use them. I didn't want to spend the money for a DSLR and only be able to use it in full auto mode. This book is helping me to discover all the possibilities that are available on the T3i and get the most out of the camera. If I hadn't invested in the Dummies book, I would have one very expensive point & shoot camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Above Dummy Level" !, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies (Paperback)
Easier to understand than the Eos Rebel T3i manual! This book is LONG.....and I found some of the explanations and instructions WAY above "dummy level"---and I have been using Canon cameras since the early 1980s. I bought it thinking it would GREATLY simplify my experience with my new T3i but it really did not. A lot of it is VERY technical in my opinion and I don't think true novices would grasp a lot of the material easily. Some of my questions went unanswered simply because I felt the information was above "dummy level", once again. I was not totally pleased with my purchase. However, in all truthfulness, there were some VERY HELPFUL and easy to understand things that have been helpful to me, but overall, I think taking a class somewhere for beginners would be best, if you have a community college nearby or could do a class online for beginners.

Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies
Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies by Julie Adair King (Paperback - May 31, 2011)
$29.99 $22.51