Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 22, 2013
This is a great book if you really want to get to know your T5i Canon camera. Layout is thoughtful and each chapter can build on the last or can stand on its own. A definite buy if you are serious about taking great pics without relying on auto settings!
on August 6, 2013
I bought this book along with my first dslr camera (t5i of course! ). I read it within the first two days and am very pleased . Not only does it explain the workings of the t5i , but it is an excellent introduction to dslr photography . The principles and basics of the Optics involved in photography are explained very nicely . This has definitely inspired me into learning more about photography.
on January 17, 2014
Loved this book. The author(s) have taken extreme care in organizing the content adding significant value and not a straight copy from the Canon manual. Excellent tips and basic concepts explained well. Will enable readers to start using the advanced features of the camera quickly.
on April 18, 2014
If you are upgrading from a point-and-shoot or a non-Canon DSLR system this book will help you get the most out of your new camera. Clear instructions for use of live view shooting, viewfinder shooting, and movie making. I feel it is a must read if you want to get the most from the camera's controls, settings, menus and buttons.
on June 21, 2014
I would recommend this to anyone purchasing a DSLR Canon camera for the first time. It does not have to be the 700D. I have the 1200D and it serves me well. I also purchased the waterproof, laminated cheat-sheet. Together they are making my purchase of this camera a wonderful experience.

After only one week of reading this book, I took over 100 photographs at a friends Christening. Some of the shots surprised even me and I have been an avid and keen photographer for over four decades.

The book arrived timely, in new condition, packaged in the perfect 'Amazon' way of packaging books much like 'Apple' has their perfect way of packaging goods. What is not to like. Five out of five stars easily given.
on September 1, 2013
Nicely done. Organized in a logical fashion with lots of nice tips. Don't have to start at the beginning, so you can quickly find what you need.
on December 22, 2013
Great book. Simple to follow and understand. Displayed in a very user friendly order. Definitely have a new understanding on my cameras settings.
on August 4, 2015
Each time I get a "new" camera I pick up a copy of at least one guidebook for the model, so I'm better positioned to get the most out of the camera's capabilities..., and improve my photo skills. The first book I purchased on the T5i was reasonably comprehensive, and written by someone who's known for his camera-specific books. However, after reading the book, and spending a good deal of time going back into it for specific features, I thought there were features of the camera that had not been adequately covered, or had been presented in a way that led to more questions than provided answers. Enter Julie Adair King, well-known photographer, and teacher, and her Dummies book. I have been a fan of her photography for years, and have looked for an opportunity to attend one of her classes/courses, but for now her book has expanded my knowledge about, and use of the camera's features, and capabilities, and has reassured me the T5i is the right camera for me. Tip: Read the book without your camera in your lap!
on July 1, 2014
I really recommend buying if you are an amateur photographer. It really helped me to get started with my camera. It has a lot of tips at the end.
on January 4, 2015
I bought and received this e-book (Kindle) before my camera arrived and very thoroughly studied it as I was moving up from a still photo only DSLR. I had a Rebel XTi and bought a T5i. Once I received the camera I read the manual which came with it. Frankly, the owner's manual was extremely well written, logical and intuitive in layout. Bottom line, the owner's manual was better for me than the Dummies book. And I can be quite the dummy.
If you just feel that the joke-free, small format, non-margin noted Canon manual is too industrial for you then by all means get the one with the pictures. All the same information is there and it'll teach you what you want to know. It was of no extra benefit to me.