5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST reference for T3i owners....and I've purchased most.
This is one of about 5 books I've purchased on the Canon Rebel T3i. This book truly stands above and beyond all the others if your new (like me) to digital SLR photography. The book explains everything very well and has pictures to back up everything for visual reference. What sets this book apart from all the others, is that you can read it without feeling like your...
Published on June 28, 2011 by Will Singleton

3.0 out of 5 stars It's got good basic information
It's got good basic information. But I've found that I just don't like reading boring instructional books like this. I ended up going through the book 2 years after I bought the camera and book, and realized that I learned most of the things in the book just by shooting and talking to people about shooting.
Published 5 months ago by Jae Lee

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Service and good price, July 5, 2011
This review is from: Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Good book It is way better then an instruction manual it gives step by step illustrations I bought 2 other books the same product but use this one only because it is so easy to understand and it only took 4days for me to receive this book

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can read this book helps!, November 17, 2012
At 83 years of age I needed some help in guiding me through the many things a Canon T3i can do. This book sure helped me
do this.
I can't compare this product to similar products. All I can say is it worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent how-to manual on digital slr photography, September 25, 2012
I bought this book because it was specific to my camera. However, the book is much more than that. I have gotten tons of great ideas on improving photographs through this book. It is a great general guide to digital SLR photography. The fact that it's specific to my camera just makes it that much better. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great text!, August 16, 2012
I was so excited to purchase this text after hearing great things about it. It has come in so handy while learning how to use my camera. Everything is written in terms I can understand and broken down in ways that make it easy to change settings on my camera to get the photo I desire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo book, April 26, 2012
The book Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D: From Snapshots to Great Shots was great. It was the best book and Canon should include it with the purchase of the camera or recomment it.
It explained my camera better than anything. EXCELLENT!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for New Users, February 28, 2014
One of the easiest-to-follow books for the new user - guided pictures show everything he is talking about. Just sit with your camera and his book and you feel like a pro in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Beginners like me, February 22, 2014
I purchased in December at the same time I bought my camera and it didn't really make a lot of sense to me then, but I'm now taking a photography class with a boring and technical text book that's hard to understand, so I gave this another look. Low and behold, it was so much easier to understand than my text book and I am really starting to learn and understand now. For me, this is priceless as I am a true beginner with no knowledge of a dslr. I am beyond satisfied. I am about to purchase the paper back also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Intro to Both the T3i and Photography, March 13, 2013
Let me preface this by saying I'm new to DSLR and so have purchased and read about a dozen books in the pursuit of learning the fundamentals of photography and teaching myself how to use my new camera, a Canon Rebel T3i. Some of the books--like this, Jeff Revell's Canon EIS Rebel T3i / 600D--are camera-specific (since--let's face it--the manufacturer product manual that comes with the camera is all too dense, rather light on anything resembling the how or why, and generally just assumes you've already mastered the lexicon of photography), others focus on the fundamentals of photography, and a few are really just collections of tips and recipes for producing specific kinds of shots (i.e., the how, but now why).

This book is a great intro to both photography and the T3i, although not the best at either. But if you are looking for just ONE book that helps you learn how to use the T3i AND that also covers the basics of photography and provides some practical guidance for actually shooting--then this is the book for you. In fact, the first chapter is probably my favorite opening chapter for getting to know the T3i, across all the T3i books I've read ("The T3i Top Ten List," which is basically a quickstart to setting up your T3i and some basic but critical menu settings); sure, other T3i books contain this info, but it's buried much more deeply and all too easy to miss. I also really appreciate how each chapter concludes with an "assignment" page--basically a quick list of things to do that help you put what you just read into practice. There's something to be said for ending each chapter with basically a summary of what you learned and how you can put it into practice. Also of note--peppered throughout the book are little call-out boxes that highlight on what pages in the Canon T3i product manual the topic or features at hand are discussed. All said, it's a very practical approach to teaching people new to DSLR how to use their T3i, the basics of photography, and how to pull it all together.

So why four stars, and not five? Because there are other books that teach you about the T3i, or about the basics of photography, better. Revell's book does both well--very well, actually--but it's not the best at either. The most comprehensive guide to the T3i, hands down, is David Busch's Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D Guide; of course, it's also massive and far less portable than this Revell guide. And, by far, my favorite photography book to date is Bryan Peterson's Understanding Photography Field Guide; it's a fantastic book that really teaches you the fundamentals of photography in an easily accessible way, and a fantastic companion to any camera-specific guide.

So what would I recommend? If you're budget-conscious, new to the T3i, and can only get ONE book, then get this guide by Revell. If that's not an issue, then my recommendation is the Bryan Peterson Understanding Photography Field Guide in conjunction with either this guide by Revell or the David Busch guide. Which one you prefer depends on your needs; Busch is much more comprehensive, but it's quite hefty and may not be as practical as some people would prefer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners who bought a t3i, February 5, 2013
This book is a great presentation of both the t3i how to use it for different situations. The author presents camera functions in the context of specific photographic techniques. For example, he explains the shutter speed functions and settings on the camera while showing how to shoot moving subjects. I really did appreciate the pictures of the camera buttons as he went along. Keep your camera next to you while reading and you'll get up to speed much faster.
My only suggestion to the author would be to explain up front that the camera, like any good computer program, has multiple ways of doing the same thing. Many of the same functions can be accessed from the quick control button OR from the menu. He didn't do a very good job of explaining this as he went along, but not a real big deal.
I highly recommend this book for beginner photographers who bought a t3i.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to have!, December 25, 2012
I learned a lot more about using the Canon T3i in particvular, and photography in general. A must read for T3i owners. I wished I read this book before I got the other photography books I now have.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D: From Snapshots to Great Shots
Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D: From Snapshots to Great Shots by Jeff Revell (Paperback - June 6, 2011)
$24.99 $15.18