5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter
This works like it's supposed to.
Like a few others said, it doesn't attach real easy.
Some reviewers said at first they didn't think it was going to go on right.
Well they were right. It's sort of a bayonet mount.
But I kept trying, and finally I gently snapped it on, by giving it a firm, even push with a slightly cupped palm of my hand.
You need...
Published on May 25, 2011 by HawaiianEye

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but...
It fits on to my SX40 properly and holds all of my 67 mm filters securely in place. The filters screw on to the adapter just fine.
Published on December 4, 2011 by sinman

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter, May 25, 2011
This review is from: Canon FA-2DC67A Filter Adapter for PowerShot SX30 IS, SX40 HS, SX50 HS (Camera)
This works like it's supposed to.
Like a few others said, it doesn't attach real easy.
Some reviewers said at first they didn't think it was going to go on right.
Well they were right. It's sort of a bayonet mount.
You need to line up the bayonet mounts (splines) on the OUTSIDE of the camera lens, with the grooves on the inside of the adapter ring!
Then I gave it the quarter turn to lock it down. Yes, it mounts to the outside edge of the Canon lens.
Your filters then screw on the inside of the adapter, just like an ol' 35mm slr lens.
Warning, down't over tighten the filter to this adapter. Just barely snug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adapter ring STUCK Problem, June 7, 2012
Adapter ring is original Canon product and fits right. Does the job. Adapter ring mounts quickly. Although more expensive than other brands I didnt want to skimp on my camera accessories. I bought extra rings because I read that the filters sometimes get stuck on adapter ring and are hard to remove. So I have an adapter ring for the two filters I use most and the filters can be installed easily in the field.

Update... Concerning the adapter ring and filters getting stuck together.

The problem is that when you grip the ring and filter and squeeze and turn trying to seperate them, the weaker plastic adapter ring distorts making it impossible to turn. The solution is to place the two in the palms of both hands flat like your making a hamburger and twist both hands in opposite directions. It is amazing how easily they turn and come apart. It was driving me crazy and I experimented several times re attaching them and doing so very easily but they still stick together. The method described above worked every time.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but..., December 4, 2011
The adapter is made out of plastic and at 21 dollars is way overpriced. When you screw filters in so that they are barely snug, it is extremely difficult to remove them. I would like to find one made of brass or at least aluminum that wouldn't flex so that you could remove the filters easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works., February 5, 2011
If you plan to fool around with lens accessories this 67mm adapter is better then the smaller diameter option. It fits perfectly, and has worked like a champ for me. It is plastic, and it can be hard to remove lens filters from if you tighten them on too hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must have" for SX series cameras!, November 13, 2011
I purchased this filter adapter to go with a new Canon SX40 HS. This camera replaced my old SX10 IS. While this adapter was designed to install on both of these cameras, I had opted to thread the lens tube to accept 52mm filters on my SX10. While this threading option is free and allows for more widely available (and cheaper) filters, the risk of damaging the camera was great and photos taken in wide angles will have some vignetting.

The best option is to get this special adapter. It is actually a step-up ring that uses Canon's proprietary accessory socket on one side and a standard 67mm thread on the other. While the 67mm filters are a bit more expensive and not as widely available as 52mm, this is by far the best option.

Two things to keep in mind with this adapter... Stock Canon hoods cannot be used in conjunction with this adapter as they both use the same accessory socket. The other thing? This filter ring seriously widens the lens tube, which not only looks a little funny, it also causes the camera to rest on the adapter (or filter) when sitting on a flat surface (consider auto-off when sitting on a table and the lens retracting). Still, I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The ONLY adapter that works correctly for SX30is!, June 25, 2011
This adapter fits and works perfectly... Because it was made by Canon for the SX30is camera. It snapped right into place, and the 67mm UV protector filter I bought screwed right on. No problem at all... DONE!
Don' be fooled into getting one of the knock-offs! I have heard that if you try the 58mm adapter (made by a third party), that it produces vignetting because it's too small for this wide angle zoom lens.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits the SX50, October 8, 2012
This adapter fits the Canon PowerShot SX50 HS. My Hoya 67mm UV filter screws on and fits well on it. The thing I don't like is that it doesn't screw on securely and can easily be pulled off. I would recommend going with this adapter instead of the one made by Bower, because even though I had a bit of trouble getting this one to fit properly, I couldn't get the Bower to fit at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars read all reviews and take note...., December 29, 2011
I had not choice but to buy this product IF I wanted to use a filter on my new Canon SX40HS. Read the reviews, and oay attention...the adapter works just fine, if you do not force it!! Look for the very tiny ( had to put the glasses on) 'dot' and 'line' when you put it on. Line it up and GENTLY twist to secure. Works just fine. I am only using one lens, a polarizer, so I do not remove the lens. I THINK if I would use differnt lens, I would purchase additional adapters, and just keep the lens screwed in to adapter. Have fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars It is fine, but adds a little girth to the lens, October 25, 2011
S. Howard (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Unlike what another reviewer alleged, there isn't an issue with the lens not fully retracting. The adapter is significantly wider than the lens which isn't functionally bad, but definitely makes it look like an afterthought on the part of Canon (which it obviously is). I wish they would just put threads on the lens and be done with it.

I also purchased the Lensmate version which is 58mm. I much prefer the Lensmate as it doesn't make the camera look like it has a giant wart on the end like the Canon version does. Lensmate claims that their narrower diameter does not cause any vignetting, but I haven't used it enough to verify.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon FA-DC67A filter adapter, October 27, 2011
The adapter fits the Canon SX40 HS perfectly and filters go on easily. However, once my UV filter was in place I could not get it back off the adapter. I had several people with strong hands attempt to remove it, but to no avail. Other than having to purchase another adapter for my polarized filter, I have no complaints. When I realized I needed a second adapter for my polarized filter, I ordered another one and The Portable Guy was able to fulfill my order overnight, which has saved my vacation -- since I'm leaving tomorrow! It was an expensive remedy, but worth it. Two concerns -- Canon, why don't your adapters come off filters more easily, and Amazon, when you order something via one-day delivery why does the confirmation e-mail state it will take 4 - 6 days to receive it? I contacted The Portable Guy on my own, and they worked with me to get it here today.