5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer
My fax and printer went out on the same day (what a week!) and I replaced my plain paper HP fax and my HP 1100 printer with this Canon L80.

I use it for everything! No problems, easy setup, clear faxes. After 2 months of constant use as both a fax and a printer, I have no problems with this unit.
Published on July 26, 2004 by L. York

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Junk
I purchased this model around 6 months ago, and the problems continue every day. This machine won't fax multiple pages...instead it likes to pull the whole 5 or 6 page set through at once, thus jamming and causing headache. Secondly, the machine likes to jam up while receiving. I am not the only one I know with these problems.

I wasted good money on this...
Published on August 25, 2006 by C. Kitchen

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't need to fax more than one page., October 23, 2008
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
I bought this fax machine mistakenly thinking that a FAX MACHINE would be better at FAXES than an all in one printer/scanner/fax/copier.

I cannot fax more than one page at a time without standing at the machine and manually feedind the pages through, because when left alone, it constantly sucks in two or four pages at a time.

If you build a fax machine - Shouldn't it be able to fax more than one page? Too much to ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Should, March 16, 2006
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
Easy to set up and haven't yet had a problem or complaint with this machine. If I were truly captious I'd complain that accessing some advanced options is a bit--not confusing, but roundabout so to speak.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 yrs. old and still works great, March 10, 2009
Peggy "pab920" (Norfolk, VA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
I prefer Canon products as I also own their D761 copier and 3 of their cameras. (I did recently purchase the Brother wireless color laser MFC 9840 since it was at a steal of a price). Prior to this fax machine I had one of their inkjet multifunction machines that still works but I needed laser printed documents for clarity and longevity. I paid $200 for this machine about 5 yrs. ago (at the time the lowest price). I have only 2 issues w/ this machine. One the toner says to replace cartridge before it completely empties. I keep shaking it and putting it back in until I get tired of doing this. I think just about all brands are set up this way since it is a huge money maker. Depending on the paper, but more important the humidity, multiple pages will fax through at a time and/or receiving faxes will have several empty sheets pulled through at the same time. If I'm really busy of course this can be very annoying particularly if I'm faxing or receiving a large document. Still I think this is a very good fax machine and it is still holding up quite well. If it suddenly dies today you better believe I would buy it again at this incredible price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Will not print with 64 bit Windows 7, April 7, 2010
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
I bought this printer for its laser print qualities. My previous printer didn't feed pages properly and this one doesn't either but that's not a big deal for me as I send very few multiple page faxes. When I do, I just feed one page at a time. Receiving faxes, or copying, it feeds properly. The print quality is excellent, print speed is OK, and it's reasonably priced.

My biggest problem is that I cannot print from my computers that run 64 bit Windows 7. There is no driver available, a major inconvenience. I contacted Canon and they referred me to one of their technicians. He did not believe Canon would write a 64 bit driver for Windows 7 as they did not write a driver for 64 bit Vista!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor drivers, feed jams, error recovery is nonsensical, April 30, 2009
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
The sheet feeder pulls multiple sheets at once, which is really fun when you're sending a fax. When it jams, which will happen very very frequently, it gives no audible alarm whatsoever. When you clear *any* fault, including out of paper, you need to hit the "reset" button. No clear indication is given of this in the printer status on the OS, only on the barely-readable LCD.

Canon appears to have no intention to support anything but 32 bit windows for this printer, ever. If you have Vista 64-bit or Windows 7, this printer is an expensive paperweight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Copy/Print/Fax Phone L80, May 3, 2009
Forens Arch (Irvine, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer
This is the 7th Canon L80 I have purchased for my small office. 11 years ago, I started with the Canon Multipass L6000, and have remained loyal to this product line since then. The L6000 is still working and I just donated it to charity.
Currently we have the Canon Faxphone L80 and the L75, both are dependable workhorses. Service calls are non-existent. Copies and printing are excellent; 4 pages a minute is a little slow, but the machines make up for lack of speed with depandability.
It is important to to me to have one replacement cartridge for all machines, and for the past 11 years, I have only ordered the FX-3 cartridge.
I would recommend the Canon Faxphone L80 to anyone who wants dependable high quality printing and copying, and who can tolerate getting the finished product at 4 pages per minute.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price - a good buy, March 8, 2007
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
For the price this is a great all round machine. I use it a lot for my home business. Yes it has a few minor quirks, but they are trivial. I see that several of the reviews complain that received faxed pages can fall on the floor. Where I work part-time, we have a "top of the line, big $$$" dedicated fax machine and it does the same thing. So you have to pick some pages off the floor, big deal. Or add a few bent paperclips to the end of the tray as a stop! Get creative. The only time my machine misfeeds is if the paper was put in the feeder not lined up, or when I try to put paper without taking out the paper that is already there. I would buy another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than my all-in-one., May 15, 2009
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
I run a small home office and send faxes on a daily basis. This machine is much faster than my Lexmark all-in-one printer which I used primarily for faxing before. The Lexmark took forever to send a fax and routinely lost the connection on a large fax. I use a fax service to receive faxes; so I can't comment on that aspect. Setup was simple. I have other printers, but my test of this machine produced clean, crisp documents. So far, the only problem I experienced was an occasional double feed when faxing. I had similar problems with my all-in-one. Could be the brand "x" paper I am using. Overall, this is a good machine for the price. I have not explored all of the features but I am satisfied with my experience so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, but dependable..., April 9, 2008
RKA (NEW YORK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
This L80 has been used in my insurance office for over a year and performs well. The cartridge died recently and I ordered a replacement from a vendor who neglected to advise me it was not in stock. While awaiting a delivery that wouldn't arrive, I saw that Amazon offered this model for under $90 and free 2 day prime shipping. I ordered my second L80, for home use. It did arrive in 2 days, with its own new ink/toner cartridge which I 'borrowed' for the office machine. This machine is easy to use. The toner and drum is one cartridge and is easily replaced. Copies and faxes are bright and clear. I read some negative reviews here and feel lucky my L80 is such a competent work horse. It's a big machine, but dependable.

5.0 out of 5 stars not to be used with cordless phones., May 19, 2008
E. Umehara (Santa Rosa, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer (Office Product)
i liked the product alot except the fact you can't connect a phone to this product. Even though it has a throughput jack it is intended only to be connected to an answering machine, so don't buy this product if you intend to hook it up to another device like say a coordless phone. the device doesn't have an autosensing feature where if you pick up the phone it'll turn the fax off or anything like that.

in the end i had to return a pretty cool machine because i had to use it with a coordless phone. i wish canon would have a feature to disable/enable this type of useage.

i talked to a tech rep who said this is intended to be used as a handset unit since it has a phone handset with it.

Canon FAXPHONE L80 Laser Fax/Printer