Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 35 questions
vote
I have no trouble using the GP-E2-GPS with my 70D hot shoe.
Jul 29, 2014 by Paul McCauley
votes
In my experience, it sort of works as a standalone, but it uses an odd GPS format that most mapping software can't interpret. You're probably better off with a more generic unit.
Nov 30, 2013 by B. J. Carlton
votes
With the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2 attached to the hot shoe or the digital terminal, the EOS Rebel SL1 can record location, including latitude, longitude and altitude, and has the ability to track the trajectory of movement with its logging function. An electric compass records the camera's orientation during each shot, and world time information is recorded through GPS syncing.
Apr 17, 2014 by Robert Diakuw
votes
According to Canon, yes. http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/gps_receivers/gps_receiver_gp_e2
Mar 27, 2014 by Nikolai Sklobovsky
votes
Yes, but it disables the flash !
Mar 28, 2014 by Ling Qian
votes
If the GP-E2 is synced to the satellites and you can see the active data in the menu named GPS, it will embed the data into each photo file. When you upload your photos into iPhoto, you will see dropped pins on the map where the photos were taken... I just came back from Europe vacation and it worked beautifully! It won't work too well for indoor photos though since the satellite signals are weak... Bob
Sep 17, 2014 by Robert Sykes Jr.
votes
A simple app for your smartphone will address your needs with a much better UI. That said, he unit can act as a stand alone GPS device. You will record a large number of lat/long coordinates that eventually will turn into points on a map. That is achieved by eating the unit in Log mode. My preferred solution, though, consists in ensuring each photo or video is properly geo tagged. That means storing lat/long, elevation, orientation and other params as exif data points.
Feb 28, 2014 by smaruzzi
votes
It can work without the hot shoe. That is how I use it with my Rebel T3i. I just hang it from a carabiner on my backpack. Make sure your time stamp is correct with GMT and then the pictures will sync by the time stamp using the included software. Fiddly but it works.
Nov 19, 2014 by W. David McGuinn Jr.
votes
I don't understand the model# you typed in....canon &d ??????
Jul 2, 2015 by Robert Sykes Jr.
votes
My unit manual says it will work with any Canon camera that has "GPS Device Settings" listed in the cameras setup menu. Unfortunately, it started with the T4i camera... I'm afraid it may not work...at least not in the Hot Shoe....
May 20, 2015 by Robert Sykes Jr.
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers