Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Size: 8.5 in x 11 in|style name: 100 Sheets|Change
Price:$9.40 - $40.34

on December 26, 2007
The mat paper prints extremely nicely, this glossy paper doesn't print quite as well and it's really thin (not much thicker than standard 20# paper, but glossy). I prefer a sturdier paper as this creases too easily when handling it (to trim photos). I think it's worth spending a little more and getting a paper that is more like commercial processed photos.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 2, 2009
This paper works very well for my photo printing needs. I've used it with my Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer, and I'm very happy with it. It's not quite as glossy as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II 8.5in x 11, but it works quite well for what I need.

One thing I really appreciate about this paper is that while one side is glossy, the other is basically like card stock, so you can write notes on the back of photos, or you can fold your photos to use them as cards. This is good quality paper, for a very good price. I'm very happy with this style paper, and bought it in this, the 8.5 x 11, and in the 4 x 6 sizes. As far as I'm concerned this is all I think I'll ever need. It covers all of my home photo printing needs.
on February 22, 2007
I have used this paper for several years and I love it. The quality of the printed pictures is excellent and none of them have ever faded or anything. The sheets go through a copier with ease also. I highly recommend the Canon Photo Paper Glossy.
on February 18, 2007
This is a reasonably priced product that produces very good photos. I am happy with it, and it's a lot less expensive than buying smaller packs. I found that Canon photo papers work best with Canon printers, so I don't buy other brands anymore.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 15, 2009
This paper works very well for my photo printing needs. I've used it with my Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer, and I'm very happy with it. It's not quite as glossy as the Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, 4 x 6 Inches, 100 Sheets (2311B023), but it works quite well for what I need.

One thing I really appreciate about this paper is that while one side is glossy, the other is basically like card stock, so you can write notes on the back of photos, or you can fold your photos to use them as cards. This is good quality paper, for a very good price. I'm very happy with this, in the 4 x 6 and other sizes. It covers all of my home photo printing needs.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 30, 2010
I've used Canon printers for years, and do a lot of photo 8.5" x 11" prints. My paper of choice has been Canon's matte photo paper (Canon Matte Photo Paper, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 50 Sheets (7981A004)), because it is fairly economical, and produces good results. The matte paper does seem to absorb a lot of ink, so I decided to try Canon's glossy photo paper, which seemed to be getting rave reviews here at Amazon.

The results using my year old Canon iP4600 printer, and non-Canon ink cartridges are outstanding. Colors look accurate, and are not too saturated, with the glossy finish being comparable to a real photograph. The paper is thicker and stiffer than I expected it to be, which is a good thing as you don't have to be super careful, to avoid bending the print. And the glossy surface of the print is not prone to picking up fingerprints, like a real photograph.

At somewhere in the 18 to 22 cent per print range, this paper is very affordable for those that make a lot of prints. My impression is that ink consumption is something less, than for a similar print using matte paper. If this is true, then that is another benefit. How long the prints will last, is an important question I can't answer at this time. Assuming prints are not exposed to direct sunlight or harsh lighting, hopefully they will not degrade or discolor for several years.

As an avid photographer who does fair amount of printing, I highly recommend this photo paper. Canon's matte paper is great as well, and roughly the same cost. Matte or glossy, Canon has my needs covered.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 28, 2013
I've used everything from Kodak (remember them?) to HP and Canon. Canon papers hold their colors MUCH longer, and the colors don't bleed or form edges between colors. I can't give it higher praise than that. I have photos that I printed on Canon glossy paper three years ago that do get some sunlight, and they have not faded. I have two images printed on HP paper with HP ink, and they've lost their color and definition.

Note that for years when I was using an SLR and Kodakchrome film, I insisted on Kodak processing. The prints held their color an definition for 10 years give or take. So I am not praising Canon just yet, and I'm not knocking other papers unless they've already shown deficiencies.

So, why four stars? 1. I rarely use 4x6, sticking pretty much to the 5x7. 2. It's expensive stuff - second only to the Canon ink - when you get better at photography and start printing out your best stuff (last year, I ran through 8 boxes of 5x7, and I was being careful). And 3. to get the best out of the paper, you really have to use Canon ink and the corresponding Canon printer. Printers are cheap; ink isn't. I figure that a 4x6 print costs me about 45¢, and a 5x7 as much as 90¢. I seem to be one of a very few who has figured out the true cost of paper and ink in the digital age. (There's also the additional cost after a year when you get a better shot, and have to print something new. I have only 10 photos hanging in my office, but I have over 175 in the drawer, all "favorites" when I printed them.) Oh, well, so long as ink and paper remain cheaper than a gallon of gas...
on December 26, 2006
I use this in conjunction with my Pixma MP950 printer to get consistantly fantastic results.
on July 19, 2010
I'm using this paper with a Canon iP4700 printer. Granted, the paper is thinner than other brands, but I find this means easier, cleaner cuts. Even more, as I like to make colleagues, (putting a tacky spray on the back of the photos to allow for a smooth, ripple-free mounting,) this thin paper makes for excellent, seam-free, nearly invisible joinings. So, people doing photo crafts might wish to consider the handling benefits of this paper over thicker brands?

What impressed me more is the color! Yes, I'm using Canon inks as well! To appreciate the color difference, understand that I enjoy playing with light and shadow. I'd printed a number of photos on different paper (using this same printer and inks) but the shadow was so overwhelming that it actually muted entire features into darkness. To manipulate the brightness to bring these hidden features forth, would mean that the rest of the face would look washed out. I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place.

Reprinting those same photos on Canon glossy paper captured the features in shadow without lessening the warm flesh tones that are in the light. Who knew? I was impressed!

Now, I'm not a professional photographer - this is just a hobby to me. And, I'm sure $2.00 to $3.00 a sheet paper will certainly produce far better quality than this paper. But, for the money, I like the results.

Oh, and another feature I didn't factor in originally, but have since learned, "Hey, it happens!" Misprints - we all make mistakes. They won't hurt as much if it's this economical paper you're wasting.

I'm giving Canon glossy paper five stars simply because it hasn't disappointed me in any way.
on July 21, 2010
I had been using a cheaper photo paper to print photographs, so when I ran out of it, I bought this Canon paper from Amazon at a great price. Then I was pleasantly surprised at the HUGE improvement in the quality of my print with Canon. I would definitely buy this paper again.