From the Manufacturer
Do you need a compact, high-quality, stylish and versatile printer that will print great borderless photos, documents and more? The PIXMA MP490 Photo All-In-One delivers 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi1
, 2pl and the PG-210 Black and CL-211 Color FINE Ink Cartridge System for superb overall print quality.
Print from anywhere in the house quickly and easily!
Another key component the PIXMA MP490 prides itself on is ease of use so you can conveniently get the photo lab quality you want. The new Auto Photo Fix II software is built right into the machine and automatically corrects your images while easy viewing and editing can be done right on the 1.8” LCD. Plus, its QuickStart feature gives you faster access to printer operations once the products is on. If you want to start scanning, Auto Scan Mode automatically recognizes the type of original you are scanning and saves it with the appropriate settings. Oh, need some copies - No problem. Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology enables your copies to maintain the integrity of the original whether a document or photo copy-after-copy.
Don’t forget, for added printing versatility enjoy computer-free photo printing options via compatible memory cards2.
| Speed & Quality|
Terrific Resolution: This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi1 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges: These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for laser-quality text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
ChromaLife100+:This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select new Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years3 when stored in an archival-quality photo album.
|Ease of Use|
1.8” LCD Screen:Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
Auto Photo Fix II:This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Beautiful & Borderless4: Print photo lab quality from 4” x 6” up to 8.5” x 11”.
QuickStart: Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in approximately 2 seconds. So, full operation is possible in much shorter time.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original you are scanning and saves it the appropriate settings.
Dual Color Gamut Technology:Copy photos and documents with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
1.8" color LCD lets you view and select images.
Memory Cards2:Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert compatible memory card into the built-in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print!
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Print and scan wirelessly even when you're in another room!
What's in the Box? PIXMA MP490 Inkjet Photo All-In-One Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Network Troubleshooting Guide, Safety Environment Information, Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Warrenty Card Ink Tanks: PGI-220 Pigment Black, CLI-221 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black) Power Cord Print HeadSample Media (4” x 6”/5 sheets)
The MP490 is compatible with the following consumables: PG-210XL (optional), PG-210, CL-211XL (optional), and CL-211.
1. Based on accelerated dark storage testing by Canon under controlled lighting, temperature and humidity conditions, Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of the prints; results may vary depending on printed images, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
2. Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, miniSD Card, SDHC™ Memory Card, miniSDHC™ Card, MultiMediaCard®, MMCplus Card, MMCmobile Card, HC MMCplus Card, RS-MMC™, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick® Duo™ and Memory Stick® PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: microSD™ Card, microSDHC™ Card, MMCmicro Card, xD-Picture Card® and Memory Stick Micro™.
3. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v.2.0 and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
4. Print speed obtained using compatible Canon compact digital camera incorporating DIGIC II (other camera models may vary).
5. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC version 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
6. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
Compact and Stylish Photo All-In-One with 1.8-Inch LCD & Memory Card Slots.