Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 12, 2012
this item will NOT work if you have a T2i. the battery does not fit. you will just end up returning it and searching for the right solution. you don't get what is in the picture!
22 comments19 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2010
Canon has two versions of this charger - LC-E8E (with power cord) and LC-E8 (flip plug). The picture is misleading.
55 comments49 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2012
The photo in this listing is not what I received. There was no cord in the box as in the photo. The other reviewers have said the same thing and you would think they would correct the photo by now. Very disappointed and will be returning this charger.
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2013
The LC-E8E is the standard Canon charger for several Rebel-series DSLRs. According to the product title here, it is for the T2i. That is only partially correct; it is also the same model used on the T3i.

The charger comes in two parts--the first is the charging block itself, of course. And the second is the power cord that connects the charging block to the wall outlet. My T3i's factory charger power cord went missing somewhere, but, sadly, Canon doesn't offer the ability to buy just that part. I have to pay for a whole new charger.

The charger is high-quality: it charges the camera batteries in a reasonable period of time, has a functional indicator light so you know when it's fully charged or in progress, and you get an impressively long-lasting battery. Having tried several after market options, I'll gladly buy this one at 2x or 3x the cost any day of the week and twice on Sunday: it is the best quality and best performing I've found.

That said, I find it eminently annoying that Canon isn't selling just the power cord portion of the charger. And I also wish the charging block had space for two batteries. These two factors have lowered my rating for this product to 4 stars.
on March 8, 2014
I was hesitant order this due to the previous reviews that it was not as pictured. I am happy to say however I got the exact charger that is pictured. It's OEM and identical to the original which I lost. I noticed one reviewer state that sometimes they fullfill from different vendors; My order was via 33 Street Camera and arrived promptly.
on April 26, 2011
This is a battery charger is from Canon. It does exactly what it was desighed to do. It arrived in a timely fassion and give you plenty of battery life. I really did not want to buy it, but I misplace the orrignal charger that came with the camera and was beginning to run out of power. These newer chargers and batteries seem to give more hours of opperatioon per charge.
on December 6, 2013
worked as expected. fast delivery. I saw other posts of how the knock off brands didn't preform well so I went with the canon and very happy with it.
on February 19, 2012
I got this to replace the one that came with my Canon EOS Rebel T2i 18 MP CMOS APS-C Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. It was the same one that came with the camera, the one with the plug, just like the picture. It works well and has a light to indicate when charging and a light indicating when it is fully charged. I also got this along with Opteka LP-E8 2000mAh Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery Pack for Canon Digital Rebel T2i Digital SLR Camera to have as a back up battery.
on July 31, 2012
The product is exactly as described. It will properly charge the battery for the T2i. The first time I ordered this same product, a charger for the T1i was sent, so I thought this was the wrong charger. But they sent the correct charger this time and it works perfectly.
on March 22, 2012
I went on vacation with my new canon camera and somehow I left my charger behind. When I got home it was so nice to see that I could order a new one. Thank you for having it on hand and easily available.