Canon Lense from AE-1 fit the T3 ? I would like to know if my lenses from the AE-1 Canon will fit the T3 camera body ?
asked by NetGuru on November 13, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
AE - 1 lens fit the t3i
Janice Rummel answered on December 1, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you get an adapter for an EF mount camera you will probably regret it. The adapters all use glass elements which act as telephoto groups and will change the focal length slightly. Any cheaply made adapter will also add additional distortion as well as aberations... Canon has one out there that they sold for a couple of years that would be the best bet, but it's fairly rare, fairly expensive if you find one, and still not great.
Zach S. answered on May 4, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Aaron D. Locke has nailed it - get an adapter. They have some here on Amazon that are available with Prime. Be sure to read the reviews. BTW, I use my husband's old FD lenses from his AE-1 on my micro 4/3 camera, and I'm enjoying them greatly.

Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Canon FD Lens to Canon EOS EF, EF-S Mount Camera such as EOS 7D, 5D, 60D & Rebel T3
Opteka Canon FD (Manual Focus) Lens to Canon EOS EF (Auto Focus) Body Mount Adapter with Optical Elements
Patti Cake answered on March 28, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. The t3 uses the eos mount system, and will accept any canon ef/ef-s lenses. If you'd like to use fd lenses, you may purchase an fd to eos adaptor on eBay for as low as $30. Hope this helps.

-Aaron
Riviera Valdez answered on November 16, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product