The PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One is great for printing documents and photos thanks to its hybrid ink system. Print gorgeous, borderless photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi1 with the convenience and quality of Canon FINE ink cartridges. You can change the cartridges and add paper all from the front of the printer thanks to FastFront.
My Image Garden2 software puts all of your favorite printing features, such as Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye and Blur Background, Full HD Movie Print3 and more all into one convenient software application. Plus, My Image Garden adds great photo organization convenience with calendar view and facial recognition. With your memories in one place it is easy to print beautiful, borderless photos to share and enjoy. It’s also your creative coach as the software offers creative templates in various color combinations and patterns for your fun photo projects. My Image Garden also gives you access to CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM4 where you can download exclusive creative projects and content. And be sure to look for the Canon "Print Your Days" App5 on Facebook. You can create fun collages to print and share on your timeline.
For the 9th year in a row, Canon U.S.A. is proud to have received the 2012 Readers' Choice Award for Service & Reliability from PCMag.com for Printers.*
*A trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license. Reprinted with permission. Copyright. 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.
PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One
Reliable All-In-One with FastFront and Borderless6 Photo Printing
- My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!2
- FastFront feature makes is easy to change both ink and paper right from the front of the printer.
- Hybrid Ink System utilizes pigment black ink for crisp text, and color dye ink for beautiful photos.
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 44 seconds.7
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 100 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.8
EASE OF USE
My Image Garden:
My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!2
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.3
Fun Filter Effects:
Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
A new, convenient way to load your PIXMA printer with genuine Canon FINE ink cartridges and paper so you're ready to print as fast as ever.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit9
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.79
- PIXMA MG2220 Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- Manuals and other documents
- Setup CD-ROM
- FINE Cartidges: PG-240 Pigment Black Cartridge, CL-241 Dye Color Cartridge
- Power Cord
| || || || |
| ||PIXMA MG2220 |
Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG3220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|PIXMA MG4220 |
Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
| || |
| || |
|Functions ||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo |
|Speed & Quality || || || |
|ISO Print Speed (up to)10 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo7
| || || |
|Print Resolution (up to)1 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
| || || |
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks || || || |
| Ease of Use || || || |
|Auto Duplex Print ||- || || |
|LCD Display || || || |
|My Image Garden Included2 || || || |
|Print Your Days5 || || || |
|FastFront || || || |
|Connectivity || || || |
|Built-In Networking ||- || || |
|AirPrint ||- || || |
|Google Cloud Print ||- ||- || |
|PIXMA Cloud Link ||- ||- || |
|Direct Photo Printing ||- || || |
|USB Connectivity || || || |
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks are installed.
- Print Your Days requires Microsoft Silverlight 5, an Internet connection and runs on Windows Internet Explorer 8, 9 and Google Chrome on a PC running Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Will also work in Firefox under Windows 7 (32-bit) and Windows Vista (32-bit).
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See our www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.