Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-in-One (4502B017)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 7, 2011
A few years back it used to cost 4 times the money to get a printer with the features this Canon has. The wireless network is very easy to set up and the printing speed is very good. The duplexing feature works very well. It even pauses the paper for a couple of seconds after it prints the first side before it begins to print the back side which allows for the ink on side 1 to dry enough that it won't smudge when printing side 2. This printer has a very stylish design. The copy feature is faster than the HP C4100 that it replaced. I gave this printer five stars but I am anxious to see how long the ink cartridges will last. I have owned a Canon before and I did not like the very small ink cartridges which wouldn't last very long at all and were notorious for drying out before they were empty. If you didn't use the printer in over a week, it would have to start an automatic cleaning cycle to unplug the dried out tip of the cartridge. This uses more ink and made the cartridge life even shorter. That however was my only complaint. This model however has ink cartridges that are a little larger, and I hope that the drying out issue does not exist with this model, but it is too early to tell for me since I have only had this printer one day. However for over all printing speed and quality and ease of setup, this printer is an excellent value.
on December 19, 2011
I got this printer because I own another Canon printer and had great luck with it. It's still cranking away in my office. I got this one when I moved that one to my office. It has a great small footprint. The wireless function was really easy to set up, easier than I expected. Wireless throughput is fast but a touch slower than using a USB cable. Scanning wirelessly is easy too. Print quality for both documents and photos is good. Haven't had any paper handling issues.

The only problem I've had is this printer really drinks the ink. I feel like I'm feeding the habit of an addict. Ink costs per cartridge are average, you just have to buy a lot of them.
on April 26, 2014
I had several HP printers in a row that crapped out on me. One of the newest ones that I bought on sale didn't even last a month and I never even got that scanner to work. I won't buy another consumer grade HP device. This has lasted much longer and the scanner works fine. I was able to set up printing over wireless pretty easily as well. The main problem I have with it is that the ink runs out very quickly. I've gone through two full ink refills in 2 years, despite the fact I probably print out only 4 or 5 documents a year. I'm not sure if ink just dries up over time or what, but if I did any serious printing, I'd be using a Laserjet.
on January 3, 2011
It's a really good device, easy to installs and confugures too, the WiFi is one of the best features, because you can print and scan wirelessly. Very good photo printing. I'm satisfied whit my purchase. Canon is a really good brand.
on June 6, 2014
I previously had this model which has the separate ink tanks, which I really liked. At some point when it was about 2 1/2 years old it started to malfunction and I kept getting error codes and nothing I did resolved the issue. I didn't even consider having it repaired but found this one from one of your private vendors for a fantastic price, but missing the software. I already had the software from the first one so it was a perfect match. It even came with all new Canon ink tanks ---which would cost more than what I paid for the whole thing. Great experience.
on January 6, 2014
This thing is the worst purchase I have ever made in my life. When we first got it, it worked fine. It uses a TON of ink, I feel like I am replacing the ink constantly - even though we rarely print things. I print an average of 5 pages per week, at the most and never use it for photos; because the first time I did, it drained the ink immediately! Since getting it, we have moved twice and in both our new homes, the stupid thing does not work. Meaning, neither my husband (PC) or I (Mac) can connect to it wirelessly. Our computers will both find the printer, but when we try to print, we get this stupid error message that says the printer is not connecting. Unless you are an expert in wireless connection, and internet techy language, the manual is completely USELESS. I can't understand what the heck any of it means. All I need is direction on what to do/reset/whatever to get it to connect wirelessly to my computer and this information is no where to be found. When we first got it a few years ago, I turned my computer on, it found the printer and it worked fine. Since then, something has changed and it no longer works wirelessly. I am sure it has something to do with newer technology or something like that, but I am sorry, that is unacceptable. Everytime I have to print something, I have to go down to the basement and hook the stupid thing up to my computer with a USB cord. What year is it? I didn't spend $200 on this stupid thing so I could hook my computer up to it like its still 1994! My husband also thinks the printer has a floating IP address so even if we fix it and get it to work, the IP address will just change again and it will stop working again. If that is true, Cannon owes me a refund, what a STUPID design! It should not be impossible to get your printer to work every time apple comes out with a software update! I absolutely HATE and DESPISE this awful machine. I wish I could return it and get something else. DO NOT BUY THIS PRINTER!! DO NOT! Its impossible to set up and impossible to figure out anytime there is a problem - which is constantly because its a terrible design. And it HOGS ink!!!!!
This printer is great. This was my first foray into a wifi printer, and the cable management has been fantastic. Both my girlfriend and I can print from pretty much anywhere easily, or by USB, and yes, I've used the scanner (which is a pain to use via the limited dial functions)

Aside from the clunky onboard software, the printer is also an ink hog. My older canon printers used ink sparingly, which I loved. However, third party inks have done me well. I'm worried because the printer is currently in storage, so the ink tanks might leak from disuse. Will update further when I take it back out of storage.

I have not had any printer jams, and have been able to feed a variety of paper through the multiple trays (of which I print from several regularly). The printer has it all, and is compact (paper feeds into the bottom tray, older printers used to have the tray sticking out, how times have changed!)

This model is relatively simple, there are much more complex ones out there that you can look into. But I do quite a lot of printing work, and I can tell you that this one is more than adequate to suit my needs.
on October 4, 2010
This is one of the best printers I have ever owned. I bought it to replace my aging HP 2575v Photosmart All-in-One. Super simple to setup, as long as you follow the getting started info and turn off your firewall, especially if you use a Mac. I connected my brand new MacBook Pro and 5yr old Dell Inspiron Laptop with no hassles whatsoever.

PROS
-The automatic duplex printing is awesome.
-Super fast, high quality prints.
-Easy to navigate menus/options on printer.
-Two paper inputs: bottom cassette tray and top rear feed.
-Photo quality is amazing.
-Copying/scanning is extremely quick.
-Scanner has many options, including send in email, save as pdf or jpg, and even features OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
-Good looking piano-black finish, with metal accents.
-Many more that I cant think of now...

CONS
-Firewalls will screw with setup. I took me a while to figure out that it was blocking my printer from being recognized. Once I shut it off, everything was fine and it connected for the first time. Turned it on again and everything now works through the firewall. Note: I am using an AT&T 2-Wire Home Gateway as my access point.

That pretty much says it all... buy yourself one.
on March 22, 2015
I bought this printer a couple of years ago and got one for my mom a couple months later. It is well made and worked well for just under 2 yrs. Mine AND my moms both died within 1 week of each other . The printheads both died (fried?) Ofcourse the cost of a new printhead was twice the price of buying a new printer so this time out I bought a Brother.
on April 17, 2013
This multifunction printer saw me through about a year of grad school papers. I usually print in black-and-white, but occasionally I use color for graphs and charts, and the occasional greeting card. Tonight, the printer malfunctioned for the first time while printing a paper, 13 months after I bought it.

Now my printer won't print black-and-white. Color comes out just fine, but for some reason, even though I have a brand new full cartridge of ink in there for both the big and small black ink tanks, when I print in grayscale, nothing comes out. When I print in full color, though, nothing's wrong.

Oh well. I recently bought a duplexing Brother laser printer that makes the lights in my room flicker when it warms up but reliably prints black and white on both sides of the paper. I guess the Canon is just going to be used for scanning checks and documents for archival, and printing the occasional greeting card or color chart.