Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $15.49 shipping
3-Year Office Product Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Canon PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Color Photo Printer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$110.99 + $15.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$39.00 (26%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Print features include AirPrint, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing,Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Disc Label Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print
- Copy features include 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Disc Label Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy (1-99 Pages), Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy and Zoom
- Scan features include Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card and Wireless Scanning
- Quickly and easily replace your inks with the new Snap Edge feature
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 interface, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The PIXMA MG5420 Wireless1 Inkjet Photo All-In-One. Like all PIXMA printers, the MG5420 produces amazing detail in both business documents and photographs with 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 and a 5-Color Ink System. And replacing those inks is quick and easy with the Snap Edge feature. With its Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, the remarkable MG5420 faithfully reproduces the colors of your original documents. And thanks to Apple AirPrint3, Google Cloud Print4 and PIXMA Cloud Link5, the MG5420 lets you print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet. You can also view beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan JPEG and PDF files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Windows RT and Android devices without a computer, thanks to the free EPP app.6
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print. What’s more, its advanced paper handling gives you several printing options: Print on CDs and DVDs, as well as load plain and photo paper at the same time, so you are always ready to print. Plus, its built-in Auto Duplex Printing helps you save time by automatically printing on both sides of the paper.
Speed and Quality
Superior Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast: Print a borderless, 4-inch x 6-inch photo in approximately 20 seconds.7
ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.9
High Performance, Five Individual Ink Tank System: This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 15.0 images per minute (ipm) for black and 10.0 images per minute (ipm) for color.8
Ease of Use
Snap Edge: Quickly and easily replace your inks with the new Snap Edge feature.
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more.
Full HD Movie Print: The Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.10
Fun Filter Effects: Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing: Conveniently print directly onto inkjet printable CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray Discs.
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.12
Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened and color corrected to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Easy-WebPrint EX: Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrint EX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to three columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.11
Beautiful and Borderless: Print photo lab quality from 4-inch x 6-inch up to 8.5-inch x 11-inch.7
Scroll Wheel: Quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
3.0-Inch LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print.
Advanced Media Handling: Allows you to load plain and photo paper right into the front of the printer at the same time so you are always ready to print. Also allows you to print on CDs and DVDs.
Evernote: Quickly and easily scan your documents and papers from your printer or scanner. Evernote will make your documents searchable, so you can always find what you need at anytime, on any device.
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.1
PictBridge: Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. A PictBridge connection allows you to print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
PIXMA Cloud Link: Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer.5
Mobile Device Printing: Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.6
Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
AirPrint: Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, e-mails, web pages, and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience.9
What's in the Box
- PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- CD/DVD Printing Tray
- Manuals and other documents
- Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment)
- Setup CD-ROM
- Setup Ink Tanks
- Power Cord
- Print Resolution (Up to) Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi; Black: 600 x 600 dpi
- Features AirPrint3, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing7, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Disc Label Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print10, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print4, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing6, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link5, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing1, Evernote
- Print Speed (up to) 4-inch x 6-inch borderless: approximately 21 seconds; Black: ESAT approximately 15 ipm8; Color: ESAT approximately 10 ipm8
- Picoliter Size (color) 1, 2 and 5
- Paper Sizes 4-inch x 6-inch, 5-inch x 7-inch, 8-inch x 10-inch, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- OS Compatibility Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
- Output Tray Capacity Lower Cassette: 125 Sheets Plain Paper; Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper (4-inch x 6-inch)
- Copy Speed (up to) FCOT(Color): Approximately 14 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement 25% - 400%
- Copy Features 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Disc Label Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom
- Scanner Type Flatbed
- Scanning Element Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Maximum Resolutions Optical: 2400 x 4800 dpi; Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features Auto Scan Mode12, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card, Wireless Scanning
- Color Depth 48-bit input/24-bit output
- Maximum Document Size 8.5-inch x 11.7-inch
- Media Card Support SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, miniSD Card, miniSDHC Card, microSD Card, microSDHC Card, RS-MMC, MMC mobile, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro
- Other Features 3.0-Inch LCD, WiFi LED, 5-Color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM16, Quiet Mode, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Snap Edge, Advanced Media Handling, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, QuickStart
- OS Compatibility Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Intel processor, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
- Standard Interface Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Hi-Speed USB, Card Slots
- Dimension (W x D x H) 18.0 (W) x 14.6 (D) x 5.9 (H) inches
- Weight 17.5 pounds
PIXMA MG6320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
|Functions||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo|
|Speed and Quality|
|Print Speed (up to)||4-inch by 6-inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds |
Black: 15.0 ipm10
Color: 10 ipm10
|4-inch by 6-inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds |
Black: 15.0 ipm10
Color: 10 ipm10
|Print Resolution (up to)||Black: 600 x 600 dpi |
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
|Black: 600 x 600 dpi |
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks||Six-Color Ink System with Gray Ink||Five-Color Ink System|
|Ease of Use|
|My Image Garden||X||X|
|Intelligent Touch System||X||X|
|LCD Display||3.5-inch Touch Screen LCD||3-inch Touch Screen LCD|
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included7||X||X|
|Advanced Media Handling||CD/DVD printing, Auto Duplex Print||CD/DVD printing, Auto Duplex Print|
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included||X||X|
|Wireless and Connectivity|
|Built-In Networking 1||Wi-Fi, Ethernet||Wi-Fi|
|Google Cloud Print11||X||X|
|PIXMA Cloud Link12||X||X|
|Direct Photo Printing13, 14||Mobile Printing, Memory Cards, PictBridge, Hi-Speed USB||Mobile Printing, Memory Cards, PictBridge, Hi-Speed USB|
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
4. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS X v10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
5. Requires an Internet connection.
6. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later, and Windows RT devices.
7. Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
8. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
9. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
10. "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
11. Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
12. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
13. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
Top Customer Reviews
[11/01/2015 UPDATE: I put out a review for the MG7720, which I suggest if you are looking at the MG5420. The MG7720 is the replacement for the MG7520 ]
[12/11/2014 UPDATE: I suggest also looking at the Canon PIXMA MG7520 if you are interested in the MG5420]
[12/13/2013 UPDATE: I suggest also looking at the Canon PIXMA MG7120 if you are interested in the MG5420]
[12/22/2013 NOTE: I added a section below noting why the MG5420 is superior to the MG5520 in my opinion]
If you don't care about having GRAY or ETHERNET, but want great PHOTO QUALITY in an inexpensive all-in-one style (copier, scanner) ink jet printer, this can be a quality/value sweet spot for you in the Canon PIXMA line giving you a lot of bang for the buck. This is the replacement for MG5320, only available since December 2012.
If this seems right for you, consider looking at the slightly more upscale Canon MG7520 features (made starting Fall 2014) or its predecessor MG7120 (made starting Fall 2013) before committing as the cost difference isn't that much.
- A well regarded consumer magazine considers these MG5000/MG6000/MG8000 series printers the best photo quality for all-in-one (copier, scanner) ink jets. This model is the entry point into this line.
- The new ink tanks for the MG5420 (and the new MG6320 and newer MG7120) now also come in an XL size which can reduce the page cost significantly. The inks themselves in the new tanks are the same formula. This was not available for the predecessor MG5320/MG6220 models.Read more ›
Can I describe this in one word? Yup...WOW! This is by far the best printer I've ever owned...and for $110? You've got to be kidding me! My biggest areas of importance were the scanning and obviously the print quality.
Scanning: Fast and great quality. Scanning a 4x6 photo is completed in a very short period of time, 20-30 seconds would be my guess from hitting the scan button to complete. The photos were clear, color was pretty accurate and detail was crisp. I'm very happy with the scanning abilities of this machine! Set up to a default of 600 DPI for photos it does a fantastic job. Far better than the 3 year old HP it replaced.
Printing...Can you say fast? Photo printing of all sizes is QUICK! Doesn't matter if it's a 4x6, 5x7 or 8x10. Under a minute and BOOM, it's done. The colors are gorgeous and the detail is pro quality. As a reference, I printed a copy of a photo I had printed at a local shop. You can't tell a difference. Seriously, the MG5420 is that good. I also tested this with a photo of one of our cats, who happens to be black. Black cats are hard to photograph, let alone print...Read more ›
I don't want to be redundant and tell you the same things everyone else is saying in their reviews. I want to add something to this review column that has not been addressed in depth yet from a new point of view. This printer quality is a bargain at the $99 I paid for it and this review is about how to keep all your printing costs also at a bargain. Is that not related to you printer purchasing decision?
In ebay I searched "MG5420 ink" There are several refill options to add new ink to your existing cartridge.
In the early 1994 I bought my first canon printer specifically because it had individual ink cartridges so you could replace just the one color you were out of, instead of the multi color cartridge. I did NOT WANT to have to throw away the other color inks that I was not out of just to get a refill on the one color I was out of. In 1994 Canon was the 1st home based ink-jet with individual color cartridges for each color. Instantly I fell in love.
So now I could buy just the color cartridge I was out of. SWEET. But it didn't take me long to figure out I could buy ink in bulk and refill my cartridges and save a ton more of my precious money. Canon always advised against using ink they didn't manufacture and sell themselves as they said it would harm the printer and destroy the quality of the print and void the warranty. I always found them to be full of shi... Of course they wouldn't admit to us that we could give our money safely to another instead of them. What company will admit that? Those that do tend not to stay in business long.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this printer because I needed one that could print on printable DVDs. There aren't many on the market that can do that in this price range. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Joanna P.
I bought this about 18 months ago, and since then, it has been a non stop headache. the vast majority of the times i try to print something it cant grab paper from the trey, and... Read morePublished 4 days ago by frequent user
This printer uses so much ink that I am thinking of just throw it in the garbage. Every time you turn it on,every time you print a page or photo it will clean it self ! Read morePublished 7 days ago by peter
I bought this as an all-in-one printer that was supposed to produce quality photos. However, despite all my attempt to tweak settings, it never achieved the necessary sharpness and... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Lorenzo St. DuBois
Pretty good printer for the price I haven't printed picture just yet but as of the quality of ink print it's pretty good I'm a college student so I stay using this printerPublished 14 days ago by pamii
Awesome printer for the price. A little slow at times. I only gave it three stars because it has problems with the wireless connection. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Tom
I've had this printer for a while now and still haven't used all of its capabilities. I use it consistently and never have any problems.Published 22 days ago by Felecia Schoonover