For the 9th year in a row, Canon U.S.A. is proud to have received the 2012 Readers' Choice Award for Service & Reliability from PCMag.com for Printers.
The PIXMA MG5420 Wireless1 Inkjet Photo All-In-One. Like all PIXMA printers, the MG5420 produces amazing detail in both business documents and photographs with 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 and a 5-Color Ink System. And replacing those inks is quick and easy with the Snap Edge feature. With its Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, the remarkable MG5420 faithfully reproduces the colors of your original documents. And thanks to Apple AirPrint3, Google Cloud Print4 and PIXMA Cloud Link5, the MG5420 lets you print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet. You can also view beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan JPEG and PDF files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Windows RT and Android devices without a computer, thanks to the free EPP app.6
Have all new sorts of fun with your images by adding effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print. What’s more, its advanced paper handling gives you several printing options: Print on CDs and DVDs, as well as load plain and photo paper at the same time, so you are always ready to print. Plus, its built-in Auto Duplex Printing helps you save time by automatically printing on both sides of the paper.
Speed and Quality
Superior Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast: Print a borderless, 4-inch x 6-inch photo in approximately 20 seconds.7
ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.9
High Performance, Five Individual Ink Tank System: This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. So, you only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 15.0 images per minute (ipm) for black and 10.0 images per minute (ipm) for color.8
Ease of Use
Snap Edge: Quickly and easily replace your inks with the new Snap Edge feature.
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Fun Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more.
Full HD Movie Print: The Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.10
Fun Filter Effects: Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing: Conveniently print directly onto inkjet printable CDs, DVDs or Blu-ray Discs.
Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.12
Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened and color corrected to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Easy-WebPrint EX: Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrint EX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to three columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.11
Beautiful and Borderless: Print photo lab quality from 4-inch x 6-inch up to 8.5-inch x 11-inch.7
Scroll Wheel: Quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
3.0-Inch LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print.
Advanced Media Handling: Allows you to load plain and photo paper right into the front of the printer at the same time so you are always ready to print. Also allows you to print on CDs and DVDs.
Evernote: Quickly and easily scan your documents and papers from your printer or scanner. Evernote will make your documents searchable, so you can always find what you need at anytime, on any device.
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.1
PictBridge: Don't feel like using a computer? No problem. A PictBridge connection allows you to print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.
PIXMA Cloud Link: Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer.5
Mobile Device Printing: Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.6
Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your computer for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
AirPrint: Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, e-mails, web pages, and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience.9
What's in the Box
- PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- CD/DVD Printing Tray
- Manuals and other documents
- Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment)
- Setup CD-ROM
- Setup Ink Tanks
- Power Cord
- Print Resolution (Up to) Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi; Black: 600 x 600 dpi
- Features AirPrint3, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing7, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Disc Label Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print10, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print4, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing6, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link5, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing1, Evernote
- Print Speed (up to) 4-inch x 6-inch borderless: approximately 21 seconds; Black: ESAT approximately 15 ipm8; Color: ESAT approximately 10 ipm8
- Picoliter Size (color) 1, 2 and 5
- Paper Sizes 4-inch x 6-inch, 5-inch x 7-inch, 8-inch x 10-inch, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- OS Compatibility Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
- Output Tray Capacity Lower Cassette: 125 Sheets Plain Paper; Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper (4-inch x 6-inch)
- Copy Speed (up to) FCOT(Color): Approximately 14 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement 25% - 400%
- Copy Features 4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Disc Label Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom
- Scanner Type Flatbed
- Scanning Element Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Maximum Resolutions Optical: 2400 x 4800 dpi; Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features Auto Scan Mode12, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card, Wireless Scanning
- Color Depth 48-bit input/24-bit output
- Maximum Document Size 8.5-inch x 11.7-inch
- Media Card Support SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, miniSD Card, miniSDHC Card, microSD Card, microSDHC Card, RS-MMC, MMC mobile, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro
- Other Features 3.0-Inch LCD, WiFi LED, 5-Color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM16, Quiet Mode, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Snap Edge, Advanced Media Handling, Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, QuickStart
- OS Compatibility Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Intel processor, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7
- Standard Interface Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Hi-Speed USB, Card Slots
- Dimension (W x D x H) 18.0 (W) x 14.6 (D) x 5.9 (H) inches
- Weight 17.5 pounds
| ||PIXMA MG6320 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One ||PIXMA MG5420 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One |
|Functions ||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Photo |
|Speed and Quality || || |
|Print Speed (up to) ||4-inch by 6-inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds |
Black: 15.0 ipm10
Color: 10 ipm10
|4-inch by 6-inch Borderless Photo: 21 seconds |
Black: 15.0 ipm10
Color: 10 ipm10
|Print Resolution (up to) ||Black: 600 x 600 dpi |
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
|Black: 600 x 600 dpi |
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks ||Six-Color Ink System with Gray Ink ||Five-Color Ink System |
|Ease of Use || || |
|My Image Garden ||X ||X |
|Intelligent Touch System ||X ||X |
|LCD Display ||3.5-inch Touch Screen LCD ||3-inch Touch Screen LCD |
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included7 ||X ||X |
|Advanced Media Handling ||CD/DVD printing, Auto Duplex Print ||CD/DVD printing, Auto Duplex Print |
|Fun Filter Effects Software Included ||X ||X |
|Wireless and Connectivity || || |
|Built-In Networking 1 ||Wi-Fi, Ethernet ||Wi-Fi |
|AirPrint10 ||X ||X |
|Google Cloud Print11 ||X ||X |
|PIXMA Cloud Link12 ||X ||X |
|Direct Photo Printing13, 14 ||Mobile Printing, Memory Cards, PictBridge, Hi-Speed USB ||Mobile Printing, Memory Cards, PictBridge, Hi-Speed USB |
1. Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
3. Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
4. Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or A Mac running OS X v10.5.8 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
5. Requires an Internet connection.
6. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free on Google Play, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Windows RT available for free in the Windows Store. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later, and Windows RT devices.
7. Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
8. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
9. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
10. "Full HD Movie Print" is available from "MOV" and "MP4" movie files created by select Canon EOS, PowerShot and Vixia digital cameras and camcorders. Requires a PC, or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for "MOV" files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for "MOV" or "MP4" files.
11. Easy-WebPrint EX requires Internet Explorer 7 or 8 for Windows, Internet Explorer 9 for Windows Vista SP2 (or later) or Windows 7, or Safari 4.0 - 5.0 for Mac OS X v10.5.8 - 10.6.x.
12. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
13. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.