High-quality, ease of use and versatility make the PIXMA MX420 Wireless Inkjet Office All-In-One an excellent choice for your home or small office. Built-in Wi-Fi1 lets you print and scan from any room in your home while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder means fast copying, scanning and faxing of your originals so you can increase your multitasking. Additionally, Super G3 High-speed Fax2 and networkable Ethernet ensure efficient communication and Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology means your copies will maintain the integrity of the original. You can also utilize security features like password protected PDF’s so you can feel safe about creating and distributing your most confidential files.
While you will enjoy printing borderless3, photo lab quality prints up to 8.5" x 11," your photo printing options now expand to Full HD video. Full HD Movie Print turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints.4 Take full advantage of Canon’s Wi-Fi1 printing technology and print photos from compatible iPad, iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, iPod touch and Android devices.5 You can also utilize computer-less printing via compatible memory cards6, PictBridge7 and optional Bluetooth8 while conveniently viewing your images on a 2.5" LCD. Plus, for those of you who want to create and customize your own web layouts, Easy-WebPrint EX lets you print what you want, when you want off the web!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi9 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2 picoliter. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Pigment Black cartridge for crisp, professional text and one is a multi-color cartridge for pictures. Both are easy to use and replace.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.11
EASE OF USE
Fully-Integrated Auto Document Feeder:
The built-in 30-sheet Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Its full integration also makes it easier to the printer into tight workspace areas.
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
Auto Scan Mode:
With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.11
Dual Color Gamut Technology:
Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.4
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Print or scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax:
The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 20 coded speed dials and up to 50 incoming pages.12
Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone 4, 3G, 3GS, iPod touch and Android devices.5
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth:
Print directly from compatible memory cards6
, a PictBridge7
cable from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone, or the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth8
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed:
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.14
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 1200 x 2400 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
- Windows® 7,Windows Vista®, Windows XP17
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x17
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- MX420 Wireless Office-All-In-One Printer
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Network Setup Troubleshooting, Read Before Setting Up the Machine, Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks: PG-210 (Black Cartridge), CL-211 (Color Cartridge)
- Power Cord
- Sample Media (PP-201, 5 sheets)
- Telephone Line Cable
| || || || |
| ||PIXMA MX410 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX420 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX882 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
| || || |
|Functions ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo |
|Speed & Quality || || || |
|ISO Print Speed (up to)14 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo3,13
| || || |
|Print Resolution (up to)9 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
| || || |
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks || || || |
|Maximum Scan Resolution || || || |
|Ease of Use || || || |
|Dual Function Panel ||- ||- || |
|Advanced Media Handling ||- ||- || |
|Automatic 2-Sided to 2-Sided Copy ||- ||- || |
|Auto Document Feeder || || || |
|LCD Display || || || |
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included4 || || || |
|Connectivity || || || |
|Built-In Networking1 || || || |
|Built-In Fax2 || || || |
|Direct Photo Printing5, 6,7,8 || || || |
|USB Connectivity || || || |
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHC,TM MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive,® Memory Stick,® Memory Stick PRO,TM Memory Stick DuoTM and Memory Stick PRO Duo. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSDTM Card, miniSDHC,TM microSDTM Card, microSDHC,TM RS-MMCTM (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card,® xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "Save to PC".
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice. All output images are simulated.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.canon.com/support for details.
The Canon Pixma MX420 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (4789B018) features Built-in Wi-Fi lets you print and scan from any room in your home, Multifunction Devices: Printer, Scanner, Copier & Fax. Energy Star, while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder means fast copying, scanning and faxing of your originals, Auto Document Feeder means fast copying, scanning and faxing of your originals so you can increase your multitasking. Built-in Wi-Fi lets you print and scan from any room in your home while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet.Built-in Wi-Fi lets you print and scan from any room in your home while a built-in, fully integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder.