Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 3, 2012
I have constant problems with this device. It keeps trying to load the entire stack of paper, not just a sheet. It has trouble recognizing a new ink and you have to keep taking it out and putting it back in. When it runs out of ink it shuts down for all purposes, not just printing. Why won't it scan with no ink? Why?
on March 29, 2013
I can't for the life of me understand the good reviews on this product. I had an old Canon all-in-one, and it was great. The 432 is the worst.

It's poorly designed and completely unintuitive. There is no paper cartridge, just a flimsy plastic flap to hold the paper. The flap that's supposed to hold your printed papers is too small, so most of the time the paper prints then falls right on the floor. Not ideal when you are printing several pages that you want to stay in a particular order.

Also, the printer gets stuck on the various settings. For example, after you make a copy, you get an error message the next time you try to print because the machine is stuck in copy mode. There is no obvious or easy way to switch between modes. I've used many printers in my life, and *never* experienced the frustration and irritation that comes with every attempt to use this printer. My partner and I are not easily incited to violence, but both of us have come close to hucking this thing against the wall in sheer aggravation.
VINE VOICEon June 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
After my old HP printer died, I was in need of an all-in-one printer for home use. The Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax was a good, cost effective replacement.

Setting up the printer was a breeze. From unpacking the printer to wirelessly printing my first page took only 35 minutes. Fortunately, my router is WPS capable so setting up the unit to connect to my home network was simple. I just had to press the WPS button on both my router and printer, wait a few seconds for them to connect to each other, and they were connected. If your router isn't WPS capable, you'll need to set it up via USB.

The unit itself is a bit larger and heavier than I expected but that wasn't an issue. I actually like the heftiness of it since it feels much sturdier than my old HP. Aesthetically, the glossy black exterior and rounded corners make the MX432 a handsome unit.

My main uses for this printer are for printing and scanning work related pdf documents and for printing an occasional photo. What I really like about the MX432 is the auto document feeder. It comes in handy since I scan multipage documents and don't have to feed each sheet individually like with my old HP. Print quality for photos is very good which is what I expected from a Canon product. The prints are sharp and the color stayed pretty true to the original image file. Another thing I should mention is the unit is fairly quiet when printing. This is helpful since I do a lot printing at night and I don't want to disturb anyone while working.

The MX432 is also AirPrint capable which is another plus for me. I can easily print pdf files from my iPhone and can also scan files on the printer and have them go directly to my phone as a pdf file. Some reviewers mentioned having to up update the printers firmware for AirPrint to work but me, my iOS devices connected fine.

There are some cons which is the reason for 4 stars instead of 5. The main negative with this printer is the lack of a usable LCD screen. The screen on this printer is very small and since it's not backlit, it can be very hard to read. There are a few other negatives. There are no memory media slots; even my very old HP printer had these. My HP printer was also able to have plain paper and 4x6 photo paper in the tray at the same time. For the MX432, you'll need to remove one type of paper if you want to use another. The cost to replace the ink cartridges is also very steep.

Some of these issues are taken care of in the the PIXMA MX512 which is the next model up. That printer has more features which includes a larger LCD and memory card slots but for the extra cost; you'll have to decide if it's worth it or not.

For me, the features on the MX432 are well worth the cost. The positives far outweigh the negatives.
on December 20, 2012
after only one month it decided to take up all the paper in the paper tray, jam and then error code out, which could not be cleared even after the paper was. If the machine was turned off the error code would go away by the alignment was so screwed up that it would not print.
on May 17, 2013
This is my second cannon printer that failed miserably after a jam. It grips onto paper and shreds it on its way out while just doing normal print jobs. What an utter disappointment. The setup went smooth for printing but had compatibility issues with its scanning feature and was forced to use workaround. I would never recommend this printer or any other cannon printer for that matter.
on December 29, 2012
things to consider before you purchase this. Plan on 4 hours at least to get it up and running on wireless. The printer asks repeatedly for you to press the WPS button. I have never heard of this before, and drove myself nuts looking for it. IT IS ON THE ROUTER, ASSUMING YOUR ROUTER IS A NEWER MODEL AND EVEN HAS ONE. The included documentation poster assumes you know this. You may find your self running to the office supply store for a new router that has a WPS button. This emits a security code the printer receives and enters the printer in your WiFi network. If your router is over 2 years old, it is missing this button, and you are dead in the water. Also, the printer must be hooked up to your home computer to receive a 30 minute download of instructions ,,,, "Firmware"
My new $45.00 dollar router allows me to print from my Apple products nicely, however I have work PC laptop which simply refuses to recognize the wireless printer. So I need to use the USB cable. Defeats the purpose.

Never mind the price dropped 30 bucks 2 days after I received it, and Beach Photo does not return my messages.

In the grand scheme of things, I am blessed with a great family and have food in my stomach. The printer works, sort of, but I did have 2 stiff mixed drinks after 4 hours of frustration and and not done yet. Monday I have to call canon customer service (closed on weekends, Really) to see about the PC laptop print option.

To recap, if you get this; spend less than 60 dollars, and you better have a very new router with a button that you never knew the function of somewhere on the router's hull.......and an afternoon with nothing better to do.

UPDATE
36 minutes on phone with Nick, the excellent Canon Tech. Had to re install the printer to accecpt the wireless instructions. This is a second install procedure following the initial instal to update the firmware for apple AirPrint. Now she works great!

I urge Canon to seriously update their documentation, to include a primer on WPS buttons.
on December 10, 2012
Purchased this all in one printer a few months ago and it has stopped working. A 6000 code comes up and when you check the manual it states a paper jam. However, there is no paper stuck.
on October 26, 2012
Our 4-in-1 HP printer died on us after over 7 years of service. That's a pretty good record so we naturally gravitated towards looking for another HP printer...until we saw the prices and reviews. A search for opinions on reliable printer brands led us to consider Canon and so far this printer has lived up to the glowing reviews!

It was at least $70-$100 cheaper than the HP brands which have unnecessary features, like a fancy touch screen, you don't need when all you need is to print/scan/fax/copy. The wireless setup was easy and all of the computers pick it up once the drivers are installed (Note: If entering network key instead of WPS, the "*" button lets you switch from numerical to text characters). On the other hand, the wireless HP Photosmart in our office remains wired to a computer because its setup process sucks.

The printer came with starter cartridges that were easy to install and the print quality is great. I also like the fact that it has only two cartridges and not 4 total like other printers. Unless you frequently print hi-res photos for a report or other purposes, the color image quality from this printer will suit you fine. Setting up the fax was also easy.

Two complaints: (1) the glossy black finish looks nice out of the box but smudges easily. Dust will also be quite visible. (2) The printer is slightly bigger than I expected but I can live with it.

To sum up, this is an excellent choice for a bare bones print/scan/fax/copy machine. I rate it 4.5/5
on July 14, 2012
This was exactly what I was looking for at a price that is unbelievably low. I am thrilled with this printer. The quality and ease of setup are great. A USB cable is also included.
on January 10, 2013
This product could have been much better, but I think Canon went cheap on making it. I got this printer for my parents for christmas, and saw that it was Airprint compatible. They use apple products so I thought this was great since they've been needing a wireless printer for A LONG time now, and having a scanner and fax and copier all in one at home is terrific and convenient.

Well Christmas comes and they ask me to set it up, so I go to set it up. First off there is only two cartridges for ink, color and black. I find this to be an issue because I enjoy being able to print high quality photos, and you get higher quality photos with a printer that has separate colors (magenta, yellow, and cyan). I thought oh well, I'll still get this going and it'll at the least print out decent photos, since Canon is known for having pretty decent printers. I plug it in (it actually used the same plug as the last canon printer we had so I didn't have to rewire a plug to an outlet behind a huge desk) and it turned on. I go to connect it to the wireless network and ran into a problem trying to change the number pad numbers to recognize letters. The directions did not state how to do this at all. So I go and experiment and figured it out, but it took me about 15 min.

I tested the airprint out and it worked flawlessly. My iPhone recognized the printer immediately which was awesome, and even connecting a PC, iMac or Macbook was a breeze. The issue came for when we wanted to Duplex print. I was unaware this printer did not allow for duplex printing. To be honest I didn't think it would because it's an injet, and inkjets don't usually allow for duplexing, but I was told our old canon (which is also an inkjet) did allow for duplexing, so I was at a loss to explain it.

The ink seems like it will run out fairly quickly though, so if I need to heavily print out documents I'll make sure to do it at work. This printer has an alright sized paper tray, so again it is definitely a home use printer, and not one to be used in an office environment. If you work from home and need to print a heavy load of stuff, color, blacks, or even mixed, my recommendation is to get a different printer. If you are a moderate to light home use printer that needs it for certain things on an occasional basis then this is a good printer at a decent price.