- Auto-Document Feeder
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.54 shipping
+ $15.99 shipping
+ $22.49 shipping
SquareTrade 3-year Office Protection Plan ($125-$150)from SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$130.59 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch- no drivers needed!
- Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time
- Fantastic Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos. Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.
- Compatible with CL-241 XL Ink Tanks & PG-240 XL Or PG-240 XXL Pigment Black Ink Tanks. Save Even More On Combo/Value Packs!
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon MX472 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Printer (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$15.99||$15.99|
|Connectivity Technology||Wi-Fi||USB||Wireless;USB; Bluetooth||Wireless;Memory Card; USB|
|Max Printspeed Black White||10 ppm||15 ppm||9.7 ppm||33 ppm|
|Double-Sided Printing||Information not provided||Automatic||No||Yes|
|Resolution||10000||Information not provided||4800 x 1200||Information not provided|
|Media Size Maximum||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch||8.5 x 14 inch|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Business Quality Printing Right From Your Smart Device
Maximize your daily efficiency with the PIXMA MX472 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer. The PIXMA MX472 excels in connectivity. With Google Cloud Print and AirPrint, you can print wirelessly from your compatible smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere around the office. It’s loaded with timesaving features, as well, including an automatic document feeder which holds up to 30 sheets. And when it comes time to change ink or add paper, the FastFront feature makes it quick and easy—right at the front of the printer! Plus, the optional XL or XXL pigment black ink cartridges mean you can print longer before having to replace your cartridges.
Another great feature of the PIXMA MX472 is My Image Garden software. My Image Garden puts all your favorite printing features, such as Special Filters and Full HD Movie Print, in one convenient software application. It helps you organize your photos with calendar view and facial recognition.
- PG-240XXL XXL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-240XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-240 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-241XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
- CL-241 Color Ink Cartridge
What's in the Box
- MX472 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- Power Cord
- FINE Cartridges
- Setup CD-ROM
- Telephone Line Cable
- Manuals and other documents
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
Auto Document Feeder (ADF), AE (Auto Exposure) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Preset Copy Ratios, Frame Erase Copy, Zoom
25% - 400%
Auto Scan Mode9, Network Scan, Push Scan
1200 x 2400 dpi (Optical), 19,200 x 19,200 dpi (Interpolated), ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
Modem Speed (up to)14
33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)
Black: Approx. 3 sec per page, Color: Approx. 1 min per page
Speed & Quality
High Resolution: 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi3 produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl.
4 Color Cartridge System: Integrates the FINE print head and ink into one compact unit for easy replacement.
Borderless Photos Fast: Print a beautiful, borderless 4" x 6" photo in approximately 46 seconds.5,12
Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 9.7 images per minute (ipm) for black and 5.5 images per minute (ipm) for color.4
Ease of Use
Fully-Integrated, 30-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder: Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time.
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Special Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!7
Fast Front: Quickly change ink or add paper at the front of the printer.
Creative Park Premium: An exclusive service for users of genuine Canon inks, offering access to photos, templates and more.8
Quiet Mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves it with the suitable settings.9
Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.10
PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS): PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) lets you print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free PPS app.11
AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – no drivers needed!1
Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.2
Super G3 Fax: The high speed business fax14 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 19 coded speed dials and memory for up to 50 incoming pages.16
Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
- To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then “Save to PC.”
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Requires an Internet connection and the PIXMA Printing Solutions (“PPS”) app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, and iPod touch 3rd generation or later devices running iOS 5.1 or later, and Android mobile devices running Android 2.3 or later. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
- “Full HD Movie Print” is available from “MOV” and “MP4” movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for “MOV” files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for “MOV” or “MP4” files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed may vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- System requirements vary by application. For Mac OS, an Internet connection is required during software installation. For Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required to install My Image Garden, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX software.
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:43 Mins|
The scanner has both a flatbed and auto documnent feeder but it is rather slow compared to more expensive devices. It supposedly offers duplex scanning but that option wasn't available on the Mac driver when I attempted to scan a document. Copying a document is very easy and there are separate buttons for monochrome and color copies. It also worked seamlessly with Apple's AirPrint protocol for zero configuration printing from an iPad and iPhone.
The unit is rather bulky and gets bulkier when paper is loaded as it requires having a tray extended out from the printer at all times. That tray can fold up when not in use but it won't print in that state either. Ink cost should also be a consideration as one set of replacement ink cartridges is about half the cost of the printer. The color inks are all in a single cartridge so if one of the three dries up the entire cartridge will need to be replaced even if the other inks have some life to them.
As with other printers in this segment of the market they are subsidized by the consumable cost, so if you plan to do more high volume work a laser printer might be a better option. I found the cost of ink replacement for this printer to be about the same as its competitors in this segment of the market.
For occasional printing and other light scanning and copying tasks this is a decent printer. But higher volume users may want to look at other options.
My only and GREATEST issue is that for the price (currently close to $100) this printer does NOT support Auto-duplex printing (automatic two-sided printing). I gave it four stars instead of five because for not much more, you can get an automatic 2-sided printing model (see further below for recommended models). When first advertised, Amazon's description had a bullet point stating it had auto-duplex printing. This has fortunately been changed. "MANUAL" duplex printing is the ONLY "printer properties" option that comes up on the 472 model, so you have to go through the hassle of turning the paper around and manually re-inserting it in the bottom tray for it to print on the other side. This is a deal-breaker for me since I want to be able to print 2-sided copies from anywhere in the house without having to trek to the office to turn the sheets around. That's one of the reasons I want a wireless printer in the first place, so I can print from wherever I am and then collect my finished print jobs whenever it's convenient.
Difference between the Canon Pixma MX452 and MX472:
The only differences I found by reading all the product specs available is that the MX472 has these extra features:
1) Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.Read more ›
Cloud print from google does support this option, me research leads me to the conclusion that Canon's drivers for cloud print do not.. which sucks for me.. but not for cannon selling the ink.
I'm going to look some more, although I have spent 90 minutes of web searching.. and I'm pretty convinced there is no solution without a change from cannon.
Both Brother and Canon seem to have moved to the ink version of freemium, where the printer is pretty much a giveaway and the ink you need to make it work costs through the nose. Having used both the basic and XL cartridges in both printers, the XL in both cases definitely has a much higher yield. However both are significantly more expensive and half the yield of my old HP, with this Canon being the worst value-per-page of the lot. Furthermore, while HP and Brother cartridges can be inexpensively refilled at Staples or OfficeMax, Canon cartridges cannot.
The MX472 connected easily to my network and all devices, as it claimed. Unfortunately between the frequency of jamming and the expense of ink on half-printed pages, I can't recommend this particular model.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pour features all around. I have owned the Canon MP492 that lasted me a few years and worked great. The Canon MX472 was a big disappointment. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Nichole L.
Got a new WiFi router and was having trouble connecting my Cannon wireless printer. Had problems with this printer from day one. Called Cannon tech support. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Larry Charles Willis
The biggest piece of crap that I have ever owned. Hundreds of problems!!! I HATE IT!!!! Can't wait to get it to the shooting range so I can use it for target practice. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Glenda M. Green
great item to have for your home office. its wireless so i can print right from my phone or computer. its easy to scan as well and change out the ink as I am not very savvy. Read morePublished 17 days ago by brittany deen
It works great, but when you use generic ink cartridges you have to sort of help it along. It will say it's out of ink, and you have to press [OK]. Then it will start printing. Read morePublished 21 days ago by B. Pitcher
Biggest piece of crap ever! Don't buy Canon their just crap! 4 hours now on just trying to get it to print envelopes! Read morePublished 28 days ago by Philip Lubsen
My first Cannon. Love it, use it and will always buy a Cannon printer now.Published 1 month ago by Mury2598