Superior Resolution and Speed for Wireless1 Home Office Printing.1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-year toll-free technical phone support
Bring incredible quality, speed, and ease of use to your home office all in the name of increased productivity. This begins with built-in Wi-Fi®1 for printing and scanning virtually anywhere in your home from computers and compatible mobile devices. This also includes AirPrint2, which lets you wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. Cloud3 printing capabilities, an integrated 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, and a Dual Function Panel are just some of the features that can allow you to easily multi-task. This can bring office efficiency to all-new levels and reduce cost at the same time.
Superior 9600 x 2400 maximum color resolution4 and 5 Individual Ink Tanks means incredible business document printing and efficiency while built-in imaging technology ensures the integrity of originals are preserved with each copy and scan. Maintain security standards by utilizing features to prevent misdialed fax transmissions and keep scanned files password protected.
The MX892 also allows you to turn your office into a photo lab and print beautiful, borderless5 photo lab quality photos up to 8.5" x 11" in size. Your photo printing options now also include Full HD video6 while you also enjoy computer-less printing through compatible direct print options.
The MX892 delivers the tremendous business imaging quality and versatile solutions that will assist in bringing your business to the next level. So, you can print business documents when you need to and photos when you want to.
SPEED & QUALITY
9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi4 produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
High Performance Individual Ink System:
This 5-color ink system consists of a pigment-based black ink, and four dye-based inks for business-quality text, colorful presentations and documents, as well as beautiful photos. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds.8
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.9
EASE OF USE
Dual Function Panel:
This streamlined control panel provides useful function buttons that transform into a keypad in fax mode for easier operation.
Fully-Integrated, 35-sheet Duplex Auto Document Feeder:
Easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load them one page at a time. Enjoy full integration so the printer can better fit in tight workspace areas as well as automatic two-sided copying and scanning.
Built-In Auto Duplex Printing:
Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This can reduce your paper consumption and cost by up to 50%.
2-Way Paper Feeding:
To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
Full HD Movie Print:
Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints.6
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just choose your picture and print!
Auto Scan Mode:
With one press of the Scan button your original is automatically recognized and saved in the correct format.10
Auto Document Fix:
This built-in software automatically analyzes and corrects both text and image documents so text will remain clear and easy to read with pronounced edges, and pictures will keep their true color with highlights, shadows, and dots being smoothed out.
Print and scan wirelessly1 from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house.
Wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages, documents and more from compatible iPad, Phone or iPod touch devices to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Just see it, tap it, and print it!2
Google Cloud Print:22
Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
PIXMA Cloud Link:
Download and print office templates like stationary, check lists, calendars, memos, envelopes and more right to your PIXMA, without a computer. Also print photos from the online photo album sections of Canon image Gateway and Google Picasa.3
This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers able to share printer functions and display the printer's status at any moment.
Super G3 Fax:
The high speed business fax11 standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages.12
The free EasyPhoto-Print app lets you wirelessly print and scan jpg and pdf files from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices.7
Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth:
Print directly from compatible memory cards13, USB Flash Drives 14, digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phones via PictBridge15, or the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth16 unit-without a computer.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP17
- Mac OS® X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.717
- PIXMA MX892 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Network Setup Troubleshooting, Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Inks: PGI-225 (Pigment Black), CLI-226 (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yello)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Sample Media - PP-201, 3 Sheets
- Telephone Line Cable
| || || || |
| ||PIXMA MX432 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX512 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
|PIXMA MX892 |
Wireless Office All-In-One
| || || || |
|Functions ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo ||Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, Photo |
|Speed & Quality || || || |
|ISO Print Speed (up to)18 / |
4" x 6" Borderless Photo8
| || || |
|Print Resolution (up to)4 / |
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
| || || |
|Ink Cartridges / Tanks || || || |
|Maximum Scan Resolution || || || |
|Ease of Use || || || |
|2 Way Paper Feeding ||- ||- || |
|2-Sided Capability ||- || || |
|Dual Function Panel ||- || || |
|Auto Document Feeder || || || |
|LCD Display || || || |
|Full HD Movie Print Software Included6 || || || |
|Connectivity || || || |
|Built-In Networking1 || || || |
|Built-In Fax || || || |
|AirPrint2 || || || |
|Google Cloud Print22 ||- ||- || |
|PIXMA Cloud Link3 ||- ||- || |
|Direct Photo Printing7,13,15 || || || |
|USB Connectivity || || || |
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Wireless printing requires a working Ethernet network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Printer firmware update may be necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exception may apply. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, Airport Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Subject to Terms and Conditions of Use of Canon image Gateway or Picasa Web Albums, depending on the service the consumer is using.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App Store, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100 for additional details.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T v.34 guidelines.
- Page count is based on ITU-T No.1 chart or Canon FAX Standard Chart No.1.
- Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard® (v4.1), MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1), CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHC™, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™ (v4.1), Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
- USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
- Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- System requirements vary by application.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
- Black & white document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using ITU-T No.1 chart. Color document fax transmission speed is based on default setting using Canon Color Fax Test Sheet. Actual transmission speed vary depending on document complexity, fax setting at receiving end, and line conditions etc.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
- To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.