4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to "love" expensive ink but what ya gonna do?
Published on June 4, 2012 by Kilgore Gagarin

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff goes too fast
Ink is beautiful but goes too fast. Yes I print ALOT. I print out household hints and recipes. I use one set of inkee things a month. S-I-L warned me to research ink expense Before choosing a printer. **sigh** Shoulda listened to the man!!
Published 23 months ago by Fabric Butcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to "love" expensive ink but what ya gonna do?, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Canon Office Products PG-240XL/CL-241XL with Canon GP502 Glossy Photo Paper - Combo Pack Ink (Office Product)
This is the third boxed set of CANON PG-240XL (black and white)/CL-241XL (color) cartridges I've purchased, and I've never had a problem with these at all. They've installed easily and performed as described. I guess these XL cartridges are a better deal than non-XL cartridges, but, frankly, I can't FIND non-XL cartridges of this type! These specifically yield about 700 pages per set depending upon what you actually print. My current costs for printing runs about 7 cents per page with this ink (and paper) as of June 2012 prices.

I use these on a Canon PIXMA MX432 Wireless Color Photo Printer with plain, white photocopier paper to print documents and occasional coupons. I've popped in some Canon 8 x 10 Semi-Gloss Photo Paper and printed out a few photos and they come out "pretty good." If you're not an image snob, the quality on the photo paper is pretty good. But, it is not professional grade and it doesn't pretend to be so. Photo paper can be pricy, so your per-page costs will increase. Add about 50 cents per 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of photo paper for each page (i.e., rule of thumb page cost would be about 60 cents).

You can't get around the high cost of ink-jet cartridges. My all-in-one PIXMA MX432 printer costs about the same as buying two boxes of these black/color cartridge sets but that's just the way of the ink-jet world. There are no cheap ink-jet cartridges and the pricing here is within normal ranges. If you find a good deal and want to buy several boxes, you should understand that these are rated with a shelf life of about two years so long as you keep them in the package.

No complaints, but I give it 4 out of 5 stars because (according to Amazon's star rating system) I can't say I "love" these ink cartridges. But I like them pretty much in a platonic sort of way. Buy'em if you need'em.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working -- I don't know what else to say..., January 11, 2013
One thing I noticed and would like to let everyone know that. I have low ink or replace ink sign for about 4 months... I have purchased this ink so I do have new one in hand but I keep using the older ink which giving me the warning. I feel that canon machine throw and error message much prior to the actual life of ink is over. Use your own judgment to use your printer longer even after the warning, you may save few bucks....

4.0 out of 5 stars Better to buy the xl product. Lasts longer., May 11, 2012
Easy for me to install and prints very cleanly. Decided to buy the high density ink as I do a lot of printing. Works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wanna save a fortune in ink & help the environment?, July 9, 2012
...take your empty cartridges & have it refilled @ a printer shop like STAPLES. Mucho savings & still quality printing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Ink, April 14, 2012
This product is a good value for the price. The XL cartridges do last longer than the regular. The quality is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars camon products, June 12, 2012
this mg2120 inkjet ink pac is great the xl will last longer than expected the print quality is good for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon has done it!, February 22, 2013
Mike Taxman (Hillsboro, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I spent years using HP printers and was always happy. The last 2 HP printers constantly had problems cropping up. So, decided to try Canon printers. They've been great and none of the problems that I was experiencing with HP. The Canon printers and Canon ink have been great for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff goes too fast, August 14, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars XL = extra low ink??, February 2, 2014
This ink produces pretty decent documents, but I can't give it more than 3 stars because it doesn't last. I use these in a canon mx459 printer. I paid extra for this "XL" because I assumed that XL meant extra long lasting or extra large ink capacity. Well, after a few months of light use (estimating anywhere from 250-350 pages) it popped up today that I am low on ink.

This was the replacement for the original ink that came with the printer so in total I have used 2 cartridges. In that time I have printed less than 500 pages (I bought 500 pages with the printer and its not gone yet, maybe 100 left) mostly of documents with the occasional photocopy of a passport or drivers license but no real picture printing and all done on normal or fast quality.

For the price charged and the branding of "XL" I think this is unacceptable. I feel cheated and I paid less than half of what it is selling for here today. Bottom line for me is that I am shopping for a new printer and this time doing my research to not get burned again.

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG EXPENSIVE!, December 15, 2013
Lesson learned. Check cost of replacement printer ink BEFORE buying any printer.

Ink is good ink, just way overpriced compared to other brands

Rate and Discover Movies