4.0 out of 5 stars Ink is Ink: It Gets Used Up FAST
Get the XL cartridges, not the regular PG-210s. According to Canon you get almost 2x more pages, for < 40% more money.

What does that mean? I emptied out my regular 210 cartridge within 1 month of rather light usage on my new Canon MP240 printer. The XL cartridge now in it is < 1/2 full but going on 6 weeks.

Soon 3rd parties will be selling...
Published on October 31, 2008 by mvconsults

3.0 out of 5 stars signals low ink when more than half full
These cartridges both black and color start signalling low ink levels when you have used less than half. That means you can get good quality copying and printing for much longer.
Published on November 26, 2010 by cameokid

3.0 out of 5 stars signals low ink when more than half full, November 26, 2010
This review is from: Canon PG-210XL Cartridge,Retail Packaging- Black (Office Product)
NET take out the cartridges, gently shake em up then re-install. You will still get the low ink lights but I've made more than 100 copies after those lights appear. Seems to be a ploy to encourage waste of ink and therefore more sales for the cartridges.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ink is Ink: It Gets Used Up FAST, October 31, 2008
mvconsults (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews

Soon 3rd parties will be selling replacements, but I got some OEM Canon carts for $9@ from sellers here on Amazon. You don't have to pay full price.

4.0 out of 5 stars XL worth the extra, March 18, 2009
Joel Schopp (Austin, TXStates) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The 210XL has 66% more ink than the regular 210 cartridge. (15ml vs 9ml) And it isn't much more expensive, so save yourself some long term money and buy the XL.

And while you can go with a generic, certain consumer magazines have shown that generic cartridges and refill kits end up costing you more and giving you less quality than the manufacturer ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect ink cartridge at a good price, August 23, 2010
Cartridge arrived quickly. It was packaged well and easy to unwrap. No problem installing it and it made a fine printed document. I would definitely buy it again from Amazon as the price was good.

4.0 out of 5 stars XL worth the money, February 2, 2011
Didn't really count how many pages I could print with one cartridge, but it seemed like a lot. (I'm a college student so I print very frequently.) Quality is not compromised even when I set the print quality at "fast" (and the printer consequently uses less ink).

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality - Low Yield, February 6, 2011
I got a bundled Canon MX340 with my recent purchase of a Mac Book Pro. The printer was set up in my home network such that anyone could print from their PC/Mac/Laptop. I needed to print a PDF file with over 250 pages and thus decided to buy a spare ink cart as I expected the one that came with the printer to run out (old Epson printer did about 150 pages on average). As expected the low ink warning came on at about page 12/13 (I assumed that others on the network had been using the ink for a fair bit). Replaced with a brand new 210 cart and resumed the printing. I got a rude shock when the low ink warning came back on after about 30 pages of print. Thinking it was an error or sensor malfunction, I decided to ignore it and continued printing. After the 38th page it was completely dry. The shocking thing was, I even set the printer to print on "fast", and color intensity on "-50" (as grey/light as possible to reduce ink ussage). I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if I printed it on "Normal" or "High Quality".

This is a heads up to students, home offices and basically anyone who needs to print a fair bit, these guys run out fast. VERY FAST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing bad here!, March 25, 2010
everything was as promised. worked perfectly with the printer i had and it was way cheaper than the stores' asking price and it has more ink than the regular 210. ill buy here again when it runs out. nice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, April 15, 2012
I've been through quite a few of these "XL" cartridges. Total garbage. Yield is barely more than standard. Each one lasted about 1 ream of paper, printing out light to medium word density pages on LOW quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest - Doesn't last at all, December 17, 2010
This product is a HOAX. I bought it along with the printer recently because my HP was guzzling ink. The XL cartridge only printed 30 or so pages (of 12 pt text) before being empty. The 'beginner' cartridge that came with the printer printed 5x that. What a joke. This product is more than defective. It's outright dishonest, what's the term... highway robbery??

I wouldn't waste my money if I were you. BTW, the printer's pretty sweet so far (that is if I can find a way to feed it reasonably)!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a refurbished item!!!!, July 23, 2012
First of all, this is a refilled ink cartridge. Be aware, that your machine will not recognize that it's a full cartridge. That having been said, there's a value to be had here to the tune of almost $10. The cartridge will more then likely last over a month for me and I print documents every day. With free shipping, this is a WONDERFUL product!!!

Rate and Discover Movies