Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Price:$23.48+ Free shipping

on November 26, 2010
These cartridges both black and color start signalling low ink levels when you have used less than half. That means you can get good quality copying and printing for much longer.
NET take out the cartridges, gently shake em up then re-install. You will still get the low ink lights but I've made more than 100 copies after those lights appear. Seems to be a ploy to encourage waste of ink and therefore more sales for the cartridges.
1717 comments| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 31, 2008
Get the XL cartridges, not the regular PG-210s. According to Canon you get almost 2x more pages, for < 40% more money.

What does that mean? I emptied out my regular 210 cartridge within 1 month of rather light usage on my new Canon MP240 printer. The XL cartridge now in it is < 1/2 full but going on 6 weeks.

Soon 3rd parties will be selling replacements, but I got some OEM Canon carts for $9@ from sellers here on Amazon. You don't have to pay full price.
88 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 18, 2009
The 210XL has 66% more ink than the regular 210 cartridge. (15ml vs 9ml) And it isn't much more expensive, so save yourself some long term money and buy the XL.

And while you can go with a generic, certain consumer magazines have shown that generic cartridges and refill kits end up costing you more and giving you less quality than the manufacturer ink.
11 comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2010
Cartridge arrived quickly. It was packaged well and easy to unwrap. No problem installing it and it made a fine printed document. I would definitely buy it again from Amazon as the price was good.
on February 6, 2011
I got a bundled Canon MX340 with my recent purchase of a Mac Book Pro. The printer was set up in my home network such that anyone could print from their PC/Mac/Laptop. I needed to print a PDF file with over 250 pages and thus decided to buy a spare ink cart as I expected the one that came with the printer to run out (old Epson printer did about 150 pages on average). As expected the low ink warning came on at about page 12/13 (I assumed that others on the network had been using the ink for a fair bit). Replaced with a brand new 210 cart and resumed the printing. I got a rude shock when the low ink warning came back on after about 30 pages of print. Thinking it was an error or sensor malfunction, I decided to ignore it and continued printing. After the 38th page it was completely dry. The shocking thing was, I even set the printer to print on "fast", and color intensity on "-50" (as grey/light as possible to reduce ink ussage). I can't even begin to imagine what would have happened if I printed it on "Normal" or "High Quality".

This is a heads up to students, home offices and basically anyone who needs to print a fair bit, these guys run out fast. VERY FAST.
on February 2, 2011
Didn't really count how many pages I could print with one cartridge, but it seemed like a lot. (I'm a college student so I print very frequently.) Quality is not compromised even when I set the print quality at "fast" (and the printer consequently uses less ink).
on April 15, 2012
I've been through quite a few of these "XL" cartridges. Total garbage. Yield is barely more than standard. Each one lasted about 1 ream of paper, printing out light to medium word density pages on LOW quality.
on March 25, 2010
everything was as promised. worked perfectly with the printer i had and it was way cheaper than the stores' asking price and it has more ink than the regular 210. ill buy here again when it runs out. nice.
on February 10, 2012
I found that this is, of course, the best to use in my Canon printer. the XL cartidge is certainly the way to go - the ink is good quality, fast drying, and the prints come out smudge and line free every time.

The reality check - and the reason for less than five stars - is that the vast majority of printer manufacturers make their money selling these tiny amounts of ink in these tiny cartridges. Signals low ink when in reality, the ink level is pretty much fine. I really don't like that part. So, what to do? purchase a new cartridge when it signals low ink, replace it when it's no kidding out of ink. Having the new one on hand means you will only lose that one page and can quickly get back up and going again.

Hope that helps.
on October 1, 2012
I don't know who Amazon started sourcing through for this cartridge but it is NOT a PG210 XL. The last three I bought before this lasted me well over four months with regular photo printing etc. I have had this one since August 26th - and only printed around 60 pages worth of documents and it is almost empty ... horrible.