From the Manufacturer
To further increase productivity, the integrated 35-page auto document feeder helps you speed through larger copy and fax jobs. A dual paper path allows you to keep a second type of paper ready for printing, an built-in two-sided printing (duplexing) saves time and paper. Plus, electronic sorting automatically collates your copies, so you don't have to.
Precision Color Distribution Technology
Unlike other systems, nozzle configuration in Bubble Jet printers is simple, so it is easier to make them smaller and more dense. Using its superior semiconductor manufacturing technology, Canon has succeeded in developing an ultrahigh-precision, multinozzle print head. The problem of color inconsistency has been solved by positioning a mirror-image line of 128 nozzles (600 dpi pitch for each color) at a half-pitch offset from the existing line. This configuration also provides the added advantage of enabling high-resolution printing at 1,200 dpi.
The unit's ContrastPLUS 5-color ink system--four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink--produces exceptional photos, along with laser-quality text. Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) uses a high-performance 1,856-nozzle print head that ejects precise and consistent droplets as small as 2 picoliters. The results? Outstanding resolution of up to 4,800 x 1,200 color dpi and clear, detailed images (4). When scanning photos, you'll produce brilliant 2,400 dpi scans with intense 48-bit color depth.
While most photo-editing software applications will brighten the entire image, Easy-PhotoPrint 3.0 accurately detects the subject's face and adjusts the skin to the optimum tone. Brighten dark faces caused by bright backgrounds. Choose from one-click automatic to correct the entire image all at once, or manual to correct just a selected area.
|Before ||After |
Easy-PhotoPrint 3.0 also lets you select and print any image on your PC, perfectly trim images, correct images using lab-quality retouching features, correct red-eye, smooth facial lines and skin tone, sharpen faces, remove blemishes, and print in a variety of sizes and layouts.
This printer can connect directly to select digital cameras. Learn more about PictBridge.
With direct photo printing, just connect to any PictBridge compatible digital camera or DV camcorder, and print! It's easy and there's no computer required (6).
What's in the Box
PIXMA MP780 Photo All-in-One, PIXMA MP780 print head, BCI-3eBk black, BCI-6Bk black, BCI-6C cyan, BCI-6M magenta, BCI-6Y yellow, power cord, documentation kit, setup CD-ROM
(1) PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode. CPM copy speed based on fast mode when copying a letter-sized document. Photo print speed based on maximum print speed using Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy. Print/copy speed will vary based on system configuration, software, document complexity, print mode and page coverage.
(2) The Public Switched Telephone Network currently supports fax modem speeds of 28.8 Kbps or lower, depending on telephone line conditions. Sending and receiving fax machines need to conform to ITU-T V.34 guidelines.
(3) USB 2.0 Hi-Speed performance requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with pre-installed USB 2.0 port. Note The Canon PIXMA MP730 is not network compatible.
(4) Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
(5) Will vary based on composition of images/documents printed.
(6) For a listing of select Canon digital cameras and DV camcorders featuring Bubble Jet Direct or PictBridge direct printing technology, visit www.usa.canon.com/consumer/directprint. To determine if a non-Canon brand camera or DV camcorder is PictBridge compatible, please consult the manufacturer.