- Mac Compatible
SquareTrade 3-year Office Protection Plan ($350-$400)from SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Canon PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer (1438B002)
|Price:||$384.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Exceptional resolution--up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi
- Buil-in two sided printing and second paper tray
- Easy-PhotoPrint 3.5 software makes it simple to enhance and print amazing-looking digital photos
- Up to 30 ppm black and up to 24ppm color
- Capture image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/DV camcorder, connect, and print
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Canon PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer is one fast, versatile photo printer. Thanks to its patented print head and 5-color ink system, you can quickly produce spectacular, long-lasting photos with borderless edgesfrom credit-card size up to 8.5" x 11"--along with bold, laser-quality text. The two paper trays let you hold both plain and photo paper, so you're always ready to print text or photos. And for convenience, you can print two sided without manually flipping over the page.
- Exceptional Resolution: 3,584 precision nozzles create exceptional resolutionup to 9600 x 2400 color dpi.1 More nozzles = high quality.
- Exceptional detail: Microscopic 1-picoliter sized ink droplets produce exceptionally detailed photos.
- Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/DV camcorder, then connect and print.
- Print 2 sided: Print 2 sided--and save paper.
- Long-lasting photos: Using select genuine Canon inks and photo papers, you can create beautiful photos that last up to 100 years.2
- Vivid color, bold text: Four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink deliver superb photos and laser-quality text.
- Enhance Your Digital Photos: Easy-PhotoPrint 3.5 software makes it simple to enhance and print amazing-looking digital photos through your computer.
- Smart software, better results: Easy-WebPrint software gives Windows users the tools to properly print Web Pages in full color and without trimming off the right-hand margin.
2. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
Note: Page per Minute (PPM) print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
What's in the box
PIXMA iP4300 Photo Printer, PIXMA iP4300 Print Head, Ink Tanks: PGI-5BK Black, CLI-8BK Black, CLI-8C Cyan, CLI-8M Magenta, and CLI-8Y Yellow, Power Cord, Easy Setup Instructions, Document Kit: Setup Software and User's Guide CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide, and Registration Card
Top Customer Reviews
-Outstanding output quality for the price
-Automatic Duplex printing
Aside from a slightly cheap asthetic feel, I can't find a thing. And for such a low price, it's to be expected. Other manufactures might have shnazzier printers at the same price point, but keep in mind most other manufacturers don't sell printers, they sell ink, so you pay for it in the long run.
Overall I am extremely satisfied with this printer. Coming from an IP4000, I had high expectations, and this did not dissapoint. I have owned every major brand of printers (HP, Epson), and Canon is absolutely where it's at. Cartridges are much more affordable, you aren't forced to install 400mb of junk that loads 5 processes at windows startup (HP), and the attention to detail is great (i.e., you can program the printer to shutoff after X minutes of being idle). Do yourself a favor and buy a Canon.
Advantage of the iP4300 over the 4200: Significantly faster printing of color copy because of added ink jets.
Disadvantage of IP4300: Slightly wider and deeper than the 4200, taking up more desk space. (Height and weight are the same.)
Bottom line: Still the best and most dependable all-around printer (not just photos) for home or office in this price range, at least until HP or Epson (I've previously owned both) return to form. If you need a clincher, it's the duplex printing.
I bought the IP4300 and here are the differences:
**It uses separtate ink cartridges but uses 4 colors for photos.
**The print quality is equal or better than the HP (but close).
**The IP4300 is quiet and 2 - 3 times faster.
**The print driver has both auto and manual modes so you can tweak the print.
**It has two paper paths. I put photo paper in the back feeder and plain paper in the front cassett. Located below the pull out catch tray.
**I can set the default to plain paper and select photo settings when needed. The printer will automatically use the back paper feed.
**This printer has automatic head alignment and it works great.
**You can turn on a power save mode to have it shut off if not used after some time (I chose 30 minutes). It will automatically turn on when printing.
**All 5 cartridges are installed. Pigment black produces excellant text.
**I have seen some reviews where itwas stated that the prints have a red tint. I got the same thing at first. If you are not using Canon paper, start with this setting: Select paper "Photo Paper Pro" and High Print Quality. This removed my red tint (I use Kodak paper).
Overall, if you want a printer for text and high quality photos, this is it. If you are looking for advance photo printers Canon makes those too. These are not usually good for text.
The set-up and installation guide is step-by-step. You don't need to worry about whether you'll be able to set it up or not, because it is quite simple. Everything you'll need is in the box EXCEPT a USB A to USB B cable. You will have to purchase a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer. The drivers and utilities installed total a little over 200 MB, not very big. Registration is extremely easy. Not a complaint about the installation (using Mac OS X 10.4).
The plastic that the iP4300 is made out of is a little flimsy, but not anything to worry about. You would still have to try very hard to break it. It is a slightly larger than normal printer, but not unmanageable. The fact that all of the trays fold up into a perfect box-shape is very convenient.
The photo quality is phenomenal. Of course, you will want to get some photo quality paper. I printed off 4 3x6s on a page, then an 8x10, and instantly saw a difference from any other printer I've dealt with. I did colors and black & whites, high contrast ones too, and in the all black areas I did not notice any streaks or lines. It was superb quality.
I was torn between this and the iP6700D.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This old Canon keeps firing even after sitting around for months she still prints excellent pages. I am very pleased with how this unit keeps working year after year.Published 1 month ago by Susan P.
My experience with this printer was so poor that I will never purchase a Canon printer again. They added sensors to the ink cartridges so that they can force you to refill them... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Matthew Gordon
I got this printer second hand, I've had it six years and it's been absolutely flawless. I can buy mega cheap ink, it can print very fast and it can do border-less, my colleagues... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Dave Bowyer
I had a Canon iP4200 which quit working after 10 years so I went looking for a printer
that would use the same toner cartridges since I had a supply of those on hand. Read more
Sold as new - right out of the box, the printer had 4 ink cartridge stains on the case. Efforts to print color failed because the paper feeder stopped feeding.Published 12 months ago by easily duped
bought used and person who sold it stood behind the product he was moving overseas. I had one like this one that played out so very familiar with it.Published 15 months ago by bab
This printer worked amazing for years. But just recently after 5+ years of light use the black inkjets seem to be clogged. Tried all the cleaning cycles with the same result. Read morePublished 17 months ago by philip
My original iP4300 died after four years so I bought this one to replace it, but it would not work. I took it to a Canon place and they said based on the age of this model they... Read morePublished 21 months ago by S. Adkinson