The PIXMA PRO-1 Professional Inkjet Printer is the quintessential tool for the professional photographer that gives you the ability to print the images you captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR, exactly as you envisioned it.
The 12 LUCIA pigment ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks which allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints exhibit stunning detail. Five monochrome inks raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. Additionally, these new inks are approximately 2.5 times larger than conventional ink tanks.
The PRO-1 ships with a full set of cartridges. When installing the ink tanks in the PRO-1 for the first time, part of the ink from the first set of cartridges is used for priming the printer. The number of sheets that can be printed with the first tank is less than succeeding cartridges.
To further increase your workflow, the built-in Ethernet connection allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
For media support, the PIXMA PRO-1 proudly supports two-way paper feeding and professional photo printing on a variety of Fine Art and Glossy Photo Papers each with specific characteristics to meet your dynamic photo printing needs. Exactly.
Print your Vision up to 13" x 19":
Print professional quality photos on various media up to 13" x 19".
Professional Quality, Built-in:
Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) features a patented print head that enables printing with microscopic droplets and high resolution up to 4800 x 2400 dpi.1
Expand your Color Possibilities:
The LUCIA 12 pigment ink system expands the color gamut with improved saturation of colors and darker, deeper blacks. This system allows the professional photographer to achieve new levels of skin tone reproduction, accuracy and quality, so your prints exhibit stunning detail. The 12 LUCIA Pigment Inks also assist in reproducing the vibrant colors of life captured by Canon's well respected EOS Digital SLR cameras.
Enhanced Black Densities:
The 5 monochrome inks which are part of the 12 color LUCIA system consist of Photo Black, Matte Black, Dark Gray, Gray, and Light Gray. These inks deliver enhanced, deep black density to raise your level of professional print quality when creating the dramatic expression of grayscale photography. The premium LUCIA monochrome inks work together to reduce the effect of bronzing. As a result, your printed photos will have expanded dynamic range, especially in the darker or shadow areas of the image.
Larger Ink Tanks, Streamlined Workflow:
The new PGI-29 LUCIA Pigment Inks are approximately 155% larger than previous Canon PIXMA Pro Printer ink tanks, and almost 40% larger than the ink tanks used by select competitors. Larger individual ink tanks provide greater value as less time is required replacing inks, that way more time can be spent printing.
Uniform Ink Height:
The Chroma Optimizer brings uniform ink height over the printed image and regulates surface reflection. This maintains the natural color and integrity of your printed photos.
Optimum Analysis and Mixture of Color:
The Optimum Image Generating (OIG) System utilizes two major technologies implemented in the PIXMA PRO-1. The first is a sophisticated mixing balance of inks determined from numerous ink combinations and advanced analysis. During this analysis, the OIG System carefully calculates the best results for each print mode and paper type used while looking at various image factors including color reproduction, tonal gradations, black density, low graininess, glossiness, anti-bronzing and anti-metamerism. These critical ink balancing principles are derived from Canon's expertise in imaging technology, as well as the familiar colors of life that people see and remember on a daily basis.
The second is the balancing of color reproduction, tonal gradations, and uniform glossiness. The genius and power of the OIG System is truly showcased when your image is printed, exhibited, and is seen exactly as you envisioned it.
Just Plug it in:
This powerful Easy-PhotoPrint Pro2 plug-in software provides professional photographers effective printing solutions and can directly hand-over image data. Easy-PhotoPrint Pro is compatible with Digital Photo Professional (ver 2.1 or later), Adobe® Photoshop® CS, Adobe® Photoshop Elements®, and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®.
Versatile Paper Handling:
Two-way paper feeding provides a rear tray for most supported media types and a dedicated manual feed in the back of the printer for easy loading of thicker papers.
Built-in CD and DVD Printing:
Conveniently print onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs and jackets.
Built-in Ethernet Connectivity:
The built-in Ethernet port allows multiple users to seamlessly print from several networked computers in any environment.
A PictBridge connection lets you print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder, or camera phone.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP3
- Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to 10.7.x3
- PIXMA PRO-1 Professional Inkjet Printer
- CD/DVD Printing Tray
- Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Safety Environment Information, Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks: PGI-29 Matte Black, PGI-29 Photo Black, PGI-29 Cyan, PGI-29 Magenta, PGI-29 Yellow, PGI-29 Photo Cyan, PGI-29 Photo Magenta, PGI-29 Red, PGI-29 Dark Gray, PGI-29 Light Gray, PGI-29 Gray, PGI-29 Chroma Optimizer
- Power Cord
- Print Head
GENUINE CANON INKS & PAPER
- Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum. Results may vary depending on printer driver settings.
- Easy-PhotoPrint Pro software compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2/CS3/CS4/CS5 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.
- System requirements vary by application.
- Photo print speed is based on the default setting of Canon genuine paper PP-201 or SG-201 using ISO/JIS-SCID N2. Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used, etc.
- Paper types NOT supported for borderless printing areas follows: Plain paper, Photo Stickers, Fine Art Paper "PhotoRagTM" Fine Art Paper "Museum Etching," other Fine Art Paper.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.