Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Canon Photo Paper Pro Platinum, 8 x 10 Inches, 20 Sheets (2768B019)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Learn more Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 15, 2008
Heavyweight and beautiful! Best photo paper I have ever used! Stunning sharpness and vivid color from my Canon Pro9000 printer!
on August 10, 2009
This Pro Photo Paper is the best I have ever used. I have a lot to do with photography and the pictures I print on this paper to use in my portfolio is amazing. There is no finer photo paper!! If you want the best looking pictures this is hands down the best paper to show off your work, or just to have photos hanging around on your walls.
on June 12, 2013
This paper is the same as the photo glossy plusII but cost more. I won't buy it again because because it has Canon printed all over the back of it and this makes it look cheap un unprofessional. It would be better is it said Canon Professional Paper, At least then when I sell a print my customer won't think I just got cheap paper at Walmart or something. I can't use it professionally for this reason so use it for test prints. Other than that it is ok but why pay more for something that SAYS PRO Platinum and isn't any better than the other Pixma paper. Save your money.
on December 30, 2013
I've been using Canon printers and paper since the Pro 9000, mark 1, and now use the Pro-100. I've used tons of different inks and papers, and while I love Red River metallic papers, but for glossy, this stuff is gorgeous, and the only glossy paper I use. Colors are vibrant, blacks are deep, and the details are incredible. My friends hardly believed I printed these at home until they watched it print. Also, this paper is VERY thick, and feels a lot sturdier than any other 8x10 you've ever held. I used to pay almost a dollar a sheet, and Canon now has the price at almost $13. I think that's a great deal, and you won't be disappointed.
I have used several different Canon photo papers during the years that I have had my Canon Pixima MP510, always looking for what seemed to be the best value considering both price and quality of the prints. I will be looking no longer. The first thing I noticed when the paper arrived was how heavy the packages of 20 sheets were compared with the other papers I have used. The weight difference was confirmed when I looked at a package of Canon Photo Paper Plus, the paper I have been using. According to the information on the package the weight of the Photo Plus paper is 69 pounds whereas the weight on this paper, the Canon Pro Platinum paper, is 80 pounds.

Not being sure what weight difference contributed to the quality of a print, I did a Google search fir information, learning that: "Thicker papers hold up well when there is heavy ink coverage. For full color photos from your desktop, thicker inkjet photo papers are best."

My Canon printer handled the heavier paper without difficulty and I would expect other Canon inkjet printers to do the same.

Also, "heavier, thicker papers feel more substantial and can lend visual weight to a project".

The main test, of course, is how the prints look, and on that score, I could not be more satisfied. I am also pleasantly surprised at how fast the ink seems to dry on this paper, giving the print a finished look almost immediately.
VINE VOICEon May 1, 2011
I am using an Epson 1800. This is one of the best papers I have used including Epson's high end papers. The color reproduction is excellent. Crisp images with no noticeable bleeding. Very pleased with the quality of this product. I often have found it on lighting deals.
on March 7, 2011
I was skeptical about buying top end photo paper. I had gotten some cheap glossy paper ( Kodak ) 3 stars and my pictures were coming out terrible, blurry, and the colors were off. I thought I had gotten a bad printer, or perhaps I wasnt fine tuning my pictures for the best print. Nope, it was all about the paper. I have a Canon printer and saw this paper. I was shocked at how expensive it seemed but I said I had some very precious images to print and lets see how it goes. I could not be more happy. As I said in the title, you go from simply printing photos to developing them. They turn into works of art, the color, the quality, its all enhanced by this paper. I love it and I would highly recommend it. Especially if you are doing a special photo print.
on October 16, 2014
As a professional photograoher that prints thousands and thousands of high end photos a year on many types of media...this paper is so/so. Not real please with the finish and no longer use this particular product.
on March 14, 2013
the only draw back to this paper was it is not instant drying paper. Don't get me wrong it drys quick but you need to let it sit just a couple of seconds before you touch it. I really like all the other aspects of the paper. One of the best papers I have ran through me printer so far
I used this paper to print my photographs for a photo show. I am very pleased with the results. The prints were vivid yet the colors were natural. I read the explanation that this paper combines "crispy white" (which enhances the gamut of volume) with "neutral white" (which contributes to the naturalness of color) and based on the results I believe it.

I get best results on my Canon printer when I use Canon paper. It gives me superior results compared to other photo papers I have tried in my printer. The area that particularly shines is the skin tones. They come through
in realistic tones.

The price of this paper fluctuates: in the last year it ranged from $7.99 to $24.99. I found a nice tool that shows history of Amazon prices and allows you to generate alert emails when the price reaches the desired price. If you enter "price history alert" in Google it will be come up at the top, it has the word camel in the name. I find this tool to be very helpful.