Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Cam...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 51% off the $299.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
3-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Protection starts when your product ships and covers accidental drops, spills, and cracked screens
- Covers 100% of parts and labor with no deductible; your product is fixed, or you receive the full replacement cost
- Free two-way shipping, fixed in 3 days or less
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-Inch LCD (OLD MODEL)
|Price:||$189.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$110.00 (37%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 12.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality poster-size prints
- Waterproof to 33 feet, cold resistant from 14-104 degrees (F) and shockproof up to 4 feet
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor; evolved Face Detection Technology plus Face Detection Self-timer
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings
- Compatible with SD/SDHC, MMC/MMC Plus/HC MMC Plus (not included)
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||1.1 fps|
|Display Size||2.5 inches|
|Effective Still Resolution||12.1 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||SD, SDHC, MultiMedia, MMC Plus, HC MMC Plus|
|Flash Modes Description||auto, Flash off, manual, Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization|
|Flash Type||Built-in Flash|
|ISO Range||80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, AUTO|
|Image Aspect Ratio||4:3, 16:9|
|Item Dimensions||2.6 x 1.9 x 4.1 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.4 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.42 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2.5 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Weight||13 grams|
|Shipping Weight||1.35 pounds|
|Supported Battery Types||Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)|
|Video Capture Resolution||640 x 480|
|Viewfinder Type||fixed LCD|
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
From the Manufacturer
For those with a taste for adventure, there’s a camera as bold as the active life you lead. It’s the Canon PowerShot D10. Waterproof, freeze-proof and shockproof; it’s tough enough to take what you dish out. Plus it’s got all the high performance features you expect from a Canon digital camera. You’ve got 12.1 megapixels of resolution plus all of Canon’s powerful, state of the art imaging technologies so you can capture your epic experiences in breathtaking color and awesome detail.
PowerShot D10 Highlights
Take this camera anywhere: waterproof, cold resistant and shockproof
Life can take you almost anywhere. So Canon engineered a digital camera durable enough to go where you go and produce the kind of awe-inspiring images that will earn your respect. It’s the PowerShot D10 and it's no ordinary digital camera. This unique camera is waterproof down to 33 feet so you can take it scuba diving, snorkeling or surfing. It’s freeze proof and can withstand extremes of temperature from 14-104 degrees (F) so it’s also ideal for snowboarding, mountaineering and more. Plus, it’s shockproof to 4 feet, so when the going gets rough, the D10 will keep going strong.
Unique accessories available such as customized straps and interchangeable faceplates
You’re always up for any challenge. So Canon designed the PowerShot D10 with a selection of versatile accessories (sold separately) that enable you to outfit the camera to meet the requirements of your next adventure. The customized strap is a perfect choice for those who want to have their camera within easy reach, yet keep their hands free. The Canon faceplates let you distinctively mark the camera as belonging to you alone. The carabiner hook offers you a handy way to securely suspend the D10 from a belt, backpack or diving harness.
A World of Advantages with Canon’s Technology
DIGIC 4 Image Processor has evolved Face Detection Technology that tracks the faces of moving subjects and lets the shooter enter the frame seamlessly with the Face Detection Self-Timer.
Canon’s most advanced image processor, DIGIC 4, delivers evolved Face Detection Technology that keeps every face in every photo looking its very best. The technology finds and tracks the faces of moving subjects until you’re ready to shoot, then delivers perfect focus. In addition, exposure, flash and white balance are compensated, so that faces exhibit natural skin tones and backgrounds are properly exposed.
iSAPS Technology is an entirely original scene-recognition technology developed for digital cameras by Canon. Using an internal database of thousands of different photos, iSAPS works with the advanced DIGIC 4 image processor to improve focus speed and accuracy, as well as exposure and white balance.
A Face Detection Self-Timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include the photographer’s face in a group shot, there’s no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, specify Face Detection Self-Timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer’s face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection tracks moving subjects in a much larger range--allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing.
DIGIC 4 also makes possible the i-Contrast (Intelligent Contrast Correction) system, which controls the compensation level in pixel units to brighten dark areas while leaving bright areas unchanged for better images where the main subject is dark, and more natural transition. The PowerShot D10 can even use i-Contrast in playback mode to adjust images that were shot without the setting activated.
Red-eye Correction provides three options for removing red-eye from subjects in flash pictures.
1) Red-eye Correction during shooting actually identifies and corrects red-eye in human subjects as pictures are taken.
2) The PowerShot D10 can be set to automatically detect and correct red-eye during image playback.
3) You can manually locate any red eyes in a scene during image playback on the LCD screen, and command the camera to remove them.
Life doesn’t give you second chances to capture special times. That’s why the PowerShot D10 features ISO 1600 setting that reduces the effects of camera shake and sharpens subjects in low-light situations, giving you greater shooting flexibility. ISO can be expanded to 3200 when you select ISO 3200 Special Scene mode.
With the PowerShot D10, dramatic, personal pictures have never been easier to shoot and share. This 12.1-megapixel camera lets you create impressively large photos of family and friends you’ll be proud to display. The high-resolution images taken by the D10 can be enlarged up to 13 x 19 inches.
The PowerShot D10 is equipped with Canon’s acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer Technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake--one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you’ll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon’s Optical Image Stabilizer Technology is so convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
Nothing ruins a great picture more than having your subjects’ eyes closed. That’s why the PowerShot D10 is equipped with Blink Detection. If closed eyes are detected, a "blink warning" icon appears for 3 seconds, allowing you to retake the shot before your subject or subjects move on. Blink Detection provides you with extra assurance when capturing once-in-a-lifetime moments like planting the flag at the summit of the mountain.
Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings
Just set the Canon PowerShot D10 to Smart AUTO and you’re ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture taking every time. It’s a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 18 specially defined settings. So whether you’re photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you’re getting dramatic, memorable images.
Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions. With 19 Shooting Modes including 16 Special Scene Modes, you’re ready for whatever shot comes your way
What's in the Box
- PowerShot D10 body
- Lithium-ion battery pack (NB-6L)
- Battery charger (CB-2LY)
- Wrist strap (WS-DC7)
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- USB interface cable (IFC-400PCU)
- AV cable (AVC-DC400)
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
This is like a regular Canon Camera with all the features and the added waterproof feature. It can be compared to the new SD780 IS which sells for fifty bucks less. The features are similar, except that this one is waterproof and bulkier and does not have a viewfinder (not that you can see much through a fogged up viewfinder in humid conditions).
Some great features:
- Good looking waterproof camera, "cuteness" is very important, I disliked those clear cases that you have to screw on your camera and as one reviewer reported they can still get fogged up
- Rainproof/Waterproof up to 33 ft, good for most pools or waterparks
- Freeze proof lens up to 14 deg F
- SMART Auto mode that detects the right scene mode for each shot (works great)
- Digic 4 processor, auto shots are nicer than some older Canon cameras, optical image stabilization and motion detection to prevent blurring of images
- 2.Read more ›
I'm very impressed with the picture quality on this camera. The 12 megapixel sensor, coupled with a dozen shooting modes, produce an excellent image. I'm used to controlling aperture and shutter speed on the SLR, so simply selecting "portrait" or "night exposure" mode and letting the camera do all the work just seems too easy. Or, if selecting "portrait" is too difficult, you can select "auto" and just let the camera do it all. Movie quality is also quite good. The LCD screen on the back of the camera seems huge compared to the 1" screen on my old Digital Rebel. It's a great display.
The controls are conveniently arranged, and easy to use, and the associated icons displayed are both informative and intuitive. You can choose to display all the settings or turn them off and just see the image. One of the useful display options is a grid overlay on the screen to assist with shot composition and the "Rule of Thirds." The optical zoom works great. By the time you get to 12x with the digital zoom, the image is kind of grainy, but that's to be expected.
You can take macro photographs an inch or two from your subject. I've had trouble focusing my Digital Rebel in the dark, but Canon seems to have improved low-light focusing quite a bit.Read more ›
It's perfect for wet environments, like swimming, rafting, etc. Most of this has already been covered in other reviews, so I'll just post my biggest complaints, followed by a few tips for new owners.
1) The camera is very thick, much thicker than I thought based on the pictures. It is almost as thick as a credit card is tall! Forget fitting it into a pocket comfortably. Basically, this camera is as thick as a regular 3X zoom PowerShot with its lens fully extended.
2) Expensive, overpriced accessories. I like the strap being attachable at any of the four corners, and this has actually come in useful. I think a neck strap would be even more useful, but Canon expects me to pay $100-130 for a dingy kit (AKT-DC1) of a few straps and colored shell replacements!? No thanks!
3) This is standard for Canon cameras, but it's still a major annoyance. The camera cannot be used as a USB drive when attached to a computer. I don't even understand what purpose the USB port is even supposed to serve. In short: if you forgot to bring your card reader, you're SOL.
1) Clock: You can check the current time by holding down the Func/Set button in either review or camera modes. Tilt the camera vertically to see the date too.
2) Review pictures faster by turning off the fading transition between pictures. This is all the way at the bottom of the first menu in review mode.
3) Put the mostly useless Print button to work: The "Set Print button" setting under the first menu in camera mode (all the way at the bottom.) If you set it to "Rec. movie", you can start recording a video with just one button press instead of having to switch modes back and forth.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
As good as you can get for a water-proof, shock-proof camera.Published 17 days ago by Mayk de Guzman
This camera has really been tested by my wife and I, after 7 years still works. We have taken to Australia, I dropped it 20ft in the ocean in the Caribbean, we even took it on a... Read morePublished 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great camera for underwater shooting. Reef tanks or just shallow scuba/snorkeling is no problem. Great macro feature also.Published 24 days ago by doug kurceba
Works fine in water, lacks a little of picture quality on land. If you snorkle and like to take pics of the reef, but it.Published 1 month ago by Tom Vincent
LOVE this camera. It's 5.5 years old and still going strong. I've had it in springs, pools, oceans, sand, mud, snow... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mos
really great camera. long lasting and super tough! great for swimming, outdoors and families with kid!Published 2 months ago by J. Rockwell
Used the camera while snorkeling in both Honduras and Belize. When there is adequate natural light allowing the automatic underwater setting to select a shutter speed fast enough... Read morePublished 3 months ago by LBMusicMan