Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now DOTD

on June 16, 2013
Here is an example of the video quality of this camera. It does really well with light, but not so well in darkness. If you want to make a video in a dark setting, it is a good idea to go out and get an LED flash light, or find a way to get some light on the subject. Both Amazon and Ebay sell the LED lighting camera accessory. Also, in order to remove the sound from the video, I ran it through Microsoft's movie maker. Movie Maker can edit videos in HD also, and it's free from Windows. However, that would only be the Windows 7 and 8 editions.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
I have a Canon Rebel T3i for special occasions, but for every day use, this little camera gives me great photos, and is so handy...and much better than my iphone.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 is a low cost, no-frills, budget point and shoot camera, with a rather long range lens. The camera originally sold for between $129-$169 dollars, and got mediocre reviews. Recently the price dropped to $79.95, which makes it a real bargain. Canon has cut some corners with the ELPH 115 though. You don't get a USB cable. The screen is only 2.7", and has a modest 230K resolution. The settings are pretty limited, but you get some different shooting modes. Auto mode works well under most conditions. Picture quality outdoors is pretty good for a tiny sensor camera. Picture quality indoors is not so good. The flash is weak, and anything above ISO 200 produces noisy results. The 720p video is good. Refresh time between shots is a little slow. Battery life is average. I got about 150 shots before I needed to recharge. By far the best part of the Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 is the wide angle 8X zoom lens. A few years ago, a lens with this range wasn't available in a tiny point and shoot camera at any cost. The Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 is far from a perfect camera, but as one of the cheapest point and shoot cameras out there. It's very good for the price. For $20 more though, you can get the Canon PowerShot ELPH 130. It's the same camera, but adds a better screen and WiFi. I give Canon PowerShot ELPH 115 "4 Stars" for having a big lens and small price tag.

Wide Angle 8X Zoom Lens.
Good results in good lighting.
Good Auto Mode.
Good Image Stabilization.
Small size.

USB Cable not included.
No internal memory or SD Card included.
Print manual not included.
Fair-poor results in low lighting.
Low resolution screen.
Limited user settings.
Buttons might be too small for some.
on August 20, 2013
This is my third Canon Powershot Elph, so obviously, I'm a fan of this model. Between my 1st & 2nd (3 years), i saw a HUGE improvement in sharpness (MP)& zoom, also it was SO intuitive (in particular automatically "brightening" a dim shot (when i didn't want to use flash) & for close-up/macro shots) that I was able to rely on auto setting for all my picture taking needs. When i lost the 2nd camera on vacation, I tried to see the glass as half full & anticipated a even SMARTER, more intuitive camera. This was listed as the newest model of the one I had lost (with better MP & zoom), but unfortunately, I have found that it's actually LESS intuitive - the auto focus gets confused easily (I would say 15-20% of simple/still pictures come out blurry) & the flash doesn't go off about 20% of the time I think it should, sure these percentages are relatively low but it makes me worry about missed photo opportunities in fleeting moments. Also, I was annoyed to find that this camera doesn't come with a transfer cord (to plug into usb)or a memory card. Granted, the measly memory card that came with the previous models were useless but as another reviewer mentioned - then this should be mentioned in the item description. The item description also doesn't mention transferring photos at all (I haven't read the manual (the camera comes with a quick guide, but if you want the full manual, you have to go online) & maybe this is one of those wifi cameras where you can transfer photos to your smart phone or tablet wirelessly - but this shouldn't eliminate the option of doing it manually). Luckily, the camera does have the same "port" as the previous model so i was able to use my old transfer cords but there is NO REASON why that shouldn't be included with the camera. On the upside, this camera is smaller, lighter-weight & more streamline, but for my money - i'd rather it be the same size as before & function better.
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2013
I bought this just to have a point & shoot still camera for my vacation. I bought it because it was bright blue & uses the type of card I liked. It worked fine. Didn't think too much one way or the other. (I couldn't figure out all the settings, but I didn't try too long either)
My friends & I decided to make a video & I said I'll bring my camera and act as the VJ (I'm camera shy). I had no idea how good the picture was until I transferred it to my computer. I was literally shocked.
I'm so happy I bought this camera.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2013
Had a Canon before, liked the simplicity of using it. Finally didn't work right so bought another Canon. Still like it, does everything I need and can fit in my pocket when I"m not carrying a purse. Pixels are higher so my pictures do come out clearer and sharper.
on August 4, 2013
I purchased this camera primarily for taking pictures at concerts, as I went to a few this summer I really wanted photos & video from. It is very compact and easy to store, but it packs a punch! It takes great pictures at night even without the flash, I always expect them to come out like moving blurs because of the no light but I was very impressed! The zoom is awesome, really helped get the shots in some far away seats! The video playback looks just like it does recording, clear and no delays and the sound is great! I am also very impressed with the battery life, I was using the camera fast and furious and it barely lost a bar! For the price, and for the size, this camera does the job!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
Canon cameras are the best camera for me since I use it daily at work. It fits in my pocket and I must have dropped my first Canon at least a thousand times before I broke it.
on October 12, 2013
It has a solid feel and can handle at least a 16GB card. The price paid on Amazon was the best I could find.

The pictures are great
Nice large display on the back of the camera helps to ensure good shots.
The camera is easy to use.

This camera does not ship with a memory card.
The auto focus sometimes is a little slow to adjust but eventually works well.

Overall a very good camera.
on September 24, 2014
I bought this camera in November 2013, and took some test pictures the day I received it. I didn't use it until last week, and found the right part of LCD was white (the left part was black) filled with several vertical color lines, Since the camera is still under warranty, so I sent it back to Canon for repair. Today I received an email saying that 'Impact/pressure damage to LCD - LCD is damaged internally. Repairs are not performed on the model you sent for service, your original product will be exchanged with a service replacement.', and Canon asked for the $87.90 for a refurbished one. I paid $89 for the kits (Camera+bag+8GB). Canon will use any methods to void the warranty. I will think twice before purchasing a Canon next time.