on November 9, 2009
Verified Purchase
This S90 battery costs less for a reason. It came as a shock when the battery arrived as I had never bought a replacement battery that is not from Canon (for other cameras in the past). However, I saw the price and decided to give it a try in an attempt to save money.

In addition to the price, the battery looks cheap too. It is literally held together by just some duct tape -- which I thought was part of the packaging. When I peeled it off, the inside of the battery (which is never meant to be seen...) was revealed in front of my eyes! Even though I was skeptical, it works fine when I tried it on the camera. That said, I haven't felt comfortable enough to use it for a long time. Therefore, I cannot comment on the life span of the battery.

In hindsight, I should have splurged on the Canon replacement batteries. And for you? I'd recommend to splurge as well.

Usage update (July, 2010): works really well for the past year or so. Its lifespan is pretty much similar to Canon.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 23, 2010
Verified Purchase
Besides some of the writing on the battery, I seriously can't tell the difference from the battery that came with the cannon camera. Look, feel, battery life - no difference what so ever. I typically don't know which one I'm using. I've only had it a few weeks, so who knows if it will last as long. But for $12 when Best Buy was selling the official battery for $40, I'm sure I'll come out ahead.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 8, 2014
works well
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations