4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Camera for the Price

2.0 out of 5 stars Great outdoor pictures indoor RUN
Published 20 months ago by Micha Affek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Camera for the Price, August 5, 2013
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A2600 IS 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 720p Full HD Video Recording (Blue) (Electronics)
I was looking for a basic point and shoot digital camera. For $100 this camera does exactly what I need it to do. It takes great pics both inside and outside and the video quality was surprisingly good. I did my homework before purchasing so I was fully aware this cam did not include a memory card or a cord for transferring images to my pc. Since I already have multiple memory cards and since my laptop has an SD slot this was not an issue. I purchased the caselogic case for this for an additional $6.00 and it fits like a glove. If you are looking for a basic point and shoot cam without a bunch of effects options that you will never use anyways than look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars love the Canon Powershot A2600, April 25, 2013
I found the Canon Powershot A2600 so easy to use with on screen menu. I was able to use it right out of the box, then I just played with it for a little bit and I was able to figure it all out. So if your looking for a good camera that takes good pictures this is the one.
Oh and the battery life is great, the kids always view the pictures right off the camera and I know on my Olympus camera that would just drain the ife right out battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shots and easy to work, October 12, 2013
JudyAnn Lorenz "cherokee1234" (Ozarks of SW Missouri, United States) - See all my reviews
My old point and shoot cameras were about 'shot'. I choose a smaller camera because I didn't want to drag an slr around. This camera does what I wanted and more.

The videos are easy to work. The viewer is large which helps me line up. I used it for over 100 images during the first outing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera, October 23, 2013
I purchased this camera to replace my Coolpix camera that the screen got water logged?? This is a really nice simple camera to operate and the pictures turned out so good I hardly even used my Nikon D40. I was able to shoot videos that were really great even though I was shaking while taking them, the clarity and colors were great. The only thing I would recommend is using a Eye-fi Card if you have an I-Pad, the viewing screen is small if you want to see the pics at the end of the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera., August 24, 2013
Needed a small camera to take on vacations. Had a cannon years ago and was pleased with it so decided to get another cannon. So far pleased with the pics and ease of use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great outdoor pictures indoor RUN, May 2, 2013
I loved the color of the camera and after looking at a few the price was a good thought so I figured lets do it... now after a week of having it I am running away... The first night I took a picture in door (well the first 30) all but 6 were blurry... which is a LARGE disappointment... I tried the different functions and still nothing amazing... then I worked for a few days and forgot about it, but when I was off again I tried again to see if it was just me being tired after a long work day... apparently no... everything does not look crisp and seems to be lacking, However, outside the pictures looked amazing... but since I normally take indoor pictures I need something better to fit my needs so of to look again...

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect point and shoot, March 16, 2014
I bought this for my mother who just wanted to have a simple but quality camera again.it's simple to operate and takes fantastic photos. She is so happy with it and loves that it's small enough to fit in a small bag (purse).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera, lots of colors, March 11, 2014
Canon A2600 is a fun camera available in many colors. Let me use my usual disclaimer, in the interest of fairness, and admit that I think many cameras by reputable makers (and there are many) deliver what they promise. It is more about what camera traits you are looking for. So, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy one to google 'camera trait search' and get the whole picture.

The A2600 is a fixed lens camera (point and shoot, some would say), with 16 resolution (megapixels), and a x5 zoom. The sensor size is 1/2.3 inch CCD-type, which is standard for cameras of its class.

If you were to, say, take pictures of friends and family at an outdoor gathering, this camera is what you need. If you get ambitious, there will be stumbling blocks. Here is the camera's trait mix: It does not have a viewfinder, which, again, many in its class don't. The ISO rating, which is the gauge for how well it does in low light, is 6400. The video is a Full HD- that is 1980x1080 resolution. It does not have a hot shoe for an external flash option. That is not unexpected for its size and category. The LCD screen is a 230,000 resolution. The camera does not do RAW processing but you would need only if you did not want to be limited by JPEG type storage. It comes with WiFi- very convenient for easy upload. The weight of the camera is a convenient 135 grams.

The main difference from the A2500, its predecessor, is a higher ISO rating. A2500 has 1600.

Overall, nice, fun camera. Having been into photography for a while, I do stress though that you do a camera trait search. That will also tell you more about what you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Camera, December 19, 2013
CLK (Elkton, MD, US) - See all my reviews
Nice small pocket friendly camera. I use mainly canon so the buttons were easy to navigate and the pictures quite nice for a small point and shooter..Love the size so I can take it anywhere and nobody is the wiser.. I good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice camera, December 13, 2013
Very good !! I love the pictures it takes and it is very comfortable to carry it around as it is small and light weighted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›