1,014 Reviews

1,416 of 1,435 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars A camera that's powerful and a great value
I own a DSLR and consider myself a photography enthusiast. I wanted a small compact camera with me when I don't want to lug around my DSLR + lenses and equipment. After a previous good experience with the Canon A720 IS, the new A590 IS seemed like a good choice. Since I'm an advanced photographer, I'll focus on the advanced features of this camera. The auto modes work as...
Published on March 5, 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice features but way too much noise
I bought the A590 as a camera to keep with me in the book bag/briefcase that I carry around most every weekday. You may recall the old saying that the camera you have with you (when you see a photo op) is your best camera. The A590 fills that role by virtue of its small size combined with full exposure control. The big problem is that the noise generated by putting 8...
Published on April 4, 2008 by the engineer-historian

‹ Previous | 193 94 95102 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased with purchase, January 20, 2009
This review is from: Canon PowerShot A590IS 8MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Electronics)
I was very pleased with the purchase of the Cannon PowerShot A590IS camera from Amazon. I ordered the camera on Saturday morning before Christmas and it was delivered to my house by Monday. I did not pay extra for the quick shipping, they said it would be delivered by Christmas eve, when in fact it was 2 days before Christmas eve. The purchase from Amazon was very simple, quick, and the product was every bit as good as advertised. I thank you Amazon for great customer focus, and fine products. We will purchase again very soon from Amazon.com.

Thanks,

Mike Howe

3.0 out of 5 stars LCD Screen did not work., January 18, 2009
When I first ordered the camera the LCD screen did not work. Had to send it back for another one. 2nd camera was sent quickly and camera worked properly. Too bad the first one did not work camera has great reviews. Works great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, January 12, 2009
I researched cameras on consumer reports for the best buy in price range. My grandson is thrilled with this. He likes the size So far he has no complaints. Check consumer reports for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars point & shoot OR Professional, January 9, 2009
we love this camera and I appreciate the extras but prefer point-and-shoot so I don't miss a quick shot. Try it; you'll be pleasantly surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars LA MEJOR, January 9, 2009
ALTA CALIDAD, BUENAS FORMAS EN SU CUERPO, THE BEST CAMARA THAT I HAVE COULD BUY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son Loves It, January 8, 2009
Larry Gibson (Wasilla, AK United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 17 year old son for Christmas. He absolutely loves it. This is his first camera although he has used my wife's, which is also a Canon. What else can I say. If it works for my son it works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Service, January 8, 2009
This camera is very easy to use. I picked it because it was a little bigger than the slim cameras which are easy to drop.

5.0 out of 5 stars great and cheap, January 7, 2009
Jason Pollard (ca United States) - See all my reviews
great camera for the average user that wants to take really good pictures, but not spend a thousand bux on a dslr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent digital camara, January 7, 2009
Norman Lazo (Caracas, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
Excellent!!!

It is the best digital camera that I have ever used. The face detection is amazing! I recommend it for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use!, January 7, 2009
Renee (Pasadena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Great camera! Simple to learn so much so my husband didn't have to read the manual to learn how to take great photos!

‹ Previous | 193 94 95102 | Next ›