1,310 Reviews

1,739 of 1,776 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Canon
I received my SX260 last Wednesday and have taken about 700 shots and a few quick 5 minute video. Without writing a novel, here are the high/low points of this unit. In addition to this unit, I also purchased a couple of aftermarket batteries (and after market A/C adapters for about $5.00 each) for about $5.00 each and the batteries work fine. With the battery (original...
Published on March 20, 2012 by Eric T.

1,996 of 2,061 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars 20x Zoom Comparison - Sony HX20; Canon SX260; Panasonic ZS19
I couldn't decide between these three cameras (and their variants, the Sony HX30 and the Panasonic ZX20) because many of the reviews of each made the cameras sound very similar. So, I went out and bought (from merchants who accepted returns) one of each of these three cameras (I didn't need WI-FI or GPS, so that's how I settled on these less expensive variants). And...
Published on September 27, 2012 by Artemaria

‹ Previous | 126 27 28131 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Super Super, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Image Stabilized Zoom 25mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full-HD Video (Black) (OLD MODEL) (Electronics)
Cristal clear picture, natural color, super "image stablization" great Low light photos. Over all I am very happy with this wonderful camera. I took over 500 pictures with this camera. Except one photo, all photos came out excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon SX260, April 13, 2014
Jerry Martin (Worthington, OH United States) - See all my reviews
I have had the camera for over a year and have had no problems with it. I have taken over a thousand pictures with it in a variety of lighting conditions. I like the size and ease of use. Indoors with existing light leaves something to be desired as slow shutter speed causes subjects to be blurred quite often. Outdoors in daylight is fine. There is also a shutter lag with flash indoors so if you are taking pictures with fast moving kids or animals multiple shots are required to get a good picture. GPS is somewhat iffy. I have had it lock on quickly in cities with tall buildings and fail in open spaces where you would think it would have no problem. It normally does a very good job of exposure and focus. It is better than most phone cameras and not as good as medium priced SLRs. I like it because it fits easily in shirt pocket, has good zoom range, and pictures are sharp with good definition.

The pop up flash is in an awkward position, but I normally try to do existing light most of the time. It is the camera I carry around withe me most of the time. I use DSLR for high quality and phone camera for grab shots when I don't have anything else on hand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke down after 2 uses!!, December 17, 2012
I bought the Canon sx 260 HS in July of 2012. I used it two times and the lens would not open. I returned it to Canon repair who said they could only send me a refurbished model.

DEFECTIVE is the word I used and they state in the warranty "no defective parts within one year." However, look at the fine print and you'll see it is up to them to give you not a new one, just a refurbished one. GREAT, it already doesn't work!!

DON'T BUY THIS CAMERA AND EXPECT IT TO LAST.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera fully automatic, June 7, 2014
This is my second powershot and I just really gave this camera a go with a 2 week trip to Croatia. It did fabulous and I love it! All on auto setting, no manual attempt (ain't nobody got time for that!). Battery life is not good and fortunately found this out before I went. I bought two extra for the trip and had to switch out once a day no big deal, they are not expensive. he color and clarity of the pics are amazing very good in low light, sometimes the auto enhance for light wasn't good for sunset shots so I'll have to figure that one out. The motion stabalizer is excellent because I really shoot on the go. Very few ended up blurry. The 20X zoom is fantastic and pics are very clear.

I took some video and it was very choppy. Both times the battery died also at that point so not sure if that is the issue or what, will have to look into that. I think I may have read there was an issue with that. I'm not that big on video part.

3.0 out of 5 stars Low light focusing needs work., July 17, 2014
Good camera, but I felt the low light focus was lacking. Focus time in low light was slow and picture quality in low light wasn't the greatest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed!, August 19, 2014
I am beyond pleased with this purchase. We bought this camera based on it's great reviews and great price. I have always been fond of Canon cameras, and this one definitely did not disappoint. One important aspect for us was finding a camera that takes both great pictures and great videos. This camera does both. We brought this camera on our first family Disneyland trip, and I was very impressed. I loved being able to carry around ONE small camera to capture both photo and video footage of those fun filled days. I'm used to carrying two and having to switch back and forth. The photos we took were high quality, and I was impressed with the color accuracy. The low light footage turned out great. Videos were clear and sound was better than I'd expected. Overall, this is an incredible camera for everyday use. Great quality worth every penny! Loving my trusty new Canon… I'd buy it again no question!

3.0 out of 5 stars GPS not up to par., November 21, 2014
I purchased this camera to use as a property inspector. I specifically needed a good zoom and GPS positioning. This has both. The zoom works great! Only 3 stars because the GPS function sometimes takes over a minute to acquire satellites. On overcast days, I can't get it to acquire satellites at all, and I really need that function to work well. My cell phone can, so I know it's possible. Utilizing GPS also really sucks the batteries dry quickly. I had to buy several extra batteries to make it through the day.

If you're not in need of the GPS capability, this is a 5 star camera. Takes great pics with no shutter lag after pressing the button and is great at hand held low light photography.

1.0 out of 5 stars On my second one and it's going back, November 18, 2012
I went to the store to specifically buy this camera. I was so disappointed when the LCD screen went out after about 34 days. I contacted canon and they wanted me to send in the camera, but who wants to go days/weeks without their camera, especially around the holidays, so i took it back to the store. They exchanged it for me. I noticed that both cameras have difficulty when trying to view the photos and with the second one when i tried to delete photos it froze and eventually corrupted the files on my memory card. The camera is slow to take pics and the video quality is poor. I thought that maybe I just got a lemon the first time, but I have a feeling its just a matter of time before the new one breaks just like the first. So this one is going back too. I buy a new camera ever 1-2 years and they have all been Canon, this is the first time that I've ever really had an issue. I'll prob still buy a canon, just not this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend this awesome camera, July 13, 2014
For high quality photos, I have lugged my DSLR and a number of lenses with me on trips. Having read the reviews from a number of other amateur photographers, I thought I would take a chance and give the SX260 a try on my next trip. WOW!!! I have to say I was totally impressed. Rather than regurgitate the fine details my fellow photographers so eloquently explained, I'll just say that I concur wholeheartedly. I will no longer need to lug my heavy camera bag around on trips. Instead, I can simply place this totally awesome, fully capable camera into my pocket knowing I won't miss a single fantastic shot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, useful gps, bad lens cover, December 24, 2012
I really like all the features on this camera, especially the automatic tagging with the built in gps. Its great to see your pictures laid out on a map.

The only bad part of this camera is that I have had several problems with the lens covering. It seems to bend inward easily, so any pressure on the face of the camera can cause the covering to stick and only open partway. I have already returned one under warranty, and it seems like the replacement has this happening as well. This is caused by even slight pressure, like putting the camera, in its case, inside a pocket.

‹ Previous | 126 27 28131 | Next ›