Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

on July 25, 2013
I have had two previous Canon PowerShot Elph cameras, and ordered this one because I finally dropped my 100HS too many times after 7 years and broke the screen on the back. (NOTE: It's still working in terms of taking pics, but I can't see what I'm shooting!) After reading about a lot of the new ones with touch screens - something I did not want - I decided to try the SX 260 HS 12.1 MP, and it is terrific. It's still small enough and light enough, but has a 20x optical zoom which is nothing short of fantastic. I've seen others complain that it is blurry, but that is if you go past the 20x optical into the digital zoom, which is of course going to blur. You can clearly see the limits of the 20x optical zoom if you look at the bar indicating the zoom strength being used. One thing I would say is the picture shows the lens with no cover, and mine has the same type of protective onion-layered type of cover that has been on my other PowerShot Elphs by Canon. No worries. It is definitely a great buy and another great camera by Canon. p.s. I still love my little 100HS so much I ordered another one just because. For the money these can't be beat. I get compliments all the time on my photos by people using much more expensive and sophisticated cameras. Oh yeah, and this one - as well as my other PowerShot Elphs - shoots great video with great sound! I'm a believer and a loyal customer.
on October 17, 2013
The zoom is amazing and the pictures mostly come out really clear. The only place I don't get great pictures is when I'm taking pictures in low light. It may just be that I need to use it a little more and figure out the settings that work best in dark conditions (like a restaurant at night). The only other comment I have is that this camera feels big compared to other pocket digital cameras I've had, but I'm fine with having a little thicker camera in exchange for such an impressive zoom lens.
on September 26, 2014
Overall, I like this camera. Bought it just before a vacation and was able to play with the auto, manual and video settings during my trip. I bought a 64GB card because I wanted to capture video and didn't want to run out of memory space.

Pros: Zoom feature is great. Finds faces quickly and sets the focus. Love that I can shoot 1920 video. Battery holds a charge really well.

Cons: Heavier than my previous Canon point and shoot camera. Doesn't have an option to force the flash on; only has auto or no flash options. Flash is not in the best place; it's right where you would position your left hand to hold the camera while taking the picture, so when the flash tried to initiate, the mechanism didn't come up because my finger was always in the way, so I had to shut off the camera and restart it.
on January 14, 2013
This was a gift for my wife, and looks like I got a good deal on it $199. I'm pretty brand-loyal to Canon but looked around instead of just assuming. This camera gets great reviews and with a 20x optical zoom I figured itd be perfect. So far so good. Cant complain about anything so far, it's a solid camera that takes great pictures.
on October 14, 2013
I am not a pro photographer and I bought this camera so I could travel lighter than lugging around my DSLR. The zoom is really impressive -- I can easily see farther than the naked eye and make out details that I would normally be unable to.

The camera focuses quickly which is important in a point and shoot. It is a little heavy, but the heft helps keep the camera steady like a DSLR and it makes it just feel more solid.

The only gripe would be the battery life, but that is a trade-off with the screen size like most high powered smart phones. Not that it would run out of battery if you were to charge it regularly, but 3-4 days of shooting as you would with other point and shoot cameras of old is very unlikely if not impossible (depending on screen brightness and time-of-review settings).
on July 17, 2012
The powershot sx260 hs has everything anybody could woint out of a point and shoot. 20x optical zoom, and 80x digital is amazing. You can get a close up of a flower from 30 feet away. The picture quality is excellent and although 12.1 megapixels isn't a whole lot, it is good because the really good sensors can get to each pixel more. It is also good for motion, and my dad was surprised it had a burst mode, because my mama got her DSLR camera mainly because of it. Although the lowlight performance isn't all as good as canon claims, it's better than your average point and shoot. I've also found that I need the flash on at all times unless it is really bright outside, otherwise the pictures are dark. But that doesn't really matter. I love the creative settings, they are so fun and I like making pictures black and white. Fish eye, toy camera, poster effect, and miniature are neat. It is also cool to be able to make some colors stand out compared to others. The video quality is also excellent, and the zoom doesn't make it blurry because it doesn't go to fast. Some other reviews mention a high pitched squeal, but I bought this in May 2012, and mine is absolutely fine. The speaker on the camera isn't all that great though, so it might be hard to hear the video until it is on the computer. I love this camera!
on December 6, 2012
I have been using this camera for 5+ months and I can't stop taking pictures and videos. The quality of this camera is just outstanding and it takes beautiful pictures. The camera shoots amazing HD videos and it puts other cameras to shame. I have recommended it to all my friends since they all seem to love it. Canon has another winner in their hands with this camera. I simply cannot stop taking pictures when I have this camera in my hands. You don't need to be an expert at taking pictures with this camera, you just point and shoot. One thing that I did not really like was the battery life which I think in my opinion could be better but that's not really a problem for me since I always carry extra batteries with me wherever I go. Great job Cannon with this camera!
on November 4, 2015
I bought this camera based on the reviews and used it literally eight times. It has never been dropped or subjected to water or anything. I only used it for special occasions. I took it to an event in Kansas City yesterday and I took it out to use it, it took two pictures and then the screen filled with snow and the camera shut down, with the lens extended. Nothing I did would correct the problem. I paid way too much for this piece of junk. NEVER AGAIN!!
on February 4, 2013
I was looking for a camera to capture distance shots from my little sailboat after seeing tiny black spots where I'd attempted to photograph eagles. HUGE improvements over the previous camera in every type of shot..action pics of pets, low light shots, even a usable pic of the moon! Best 20x camera for the price.
on November 15, 2012
Great product! I use the camera to take pictures of my baby. I wanted something that was quick and easy to use. I don't know a lot about camera settings, so this camera was ideal for me. It's a very "user friendly" camera. It has an option "discrete" which allows for quiet picture taking without a flash. The quality of the zoom is good too. Camera was shipped fast and was in excellent condition. I am very happy with the overall experience.