1,212 Reviews

1,693 of 1,727 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Canon
I received my SX260 last Wednesday and have taken about 700 shots and a few quick 5 minute video. Without writing a novel, here are the high/low points of this unit. In addition to this unit, I also purchased a couple of aftermarket batteries (and after market A/C adapters for about $5.00 each) for about $5.00 each and the batteries work fine. With the battery (original...
Published on March 20, 2012 by E. Tam

1,922 of 1,985 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars 20x Zoom Comparison - Sony HX20; Canon SX260; Panasonic ZS19
I couldn't decide between these three cameras (and their variants, the Sony HX30 and the Panasonic ZX20) because many of the reviews of each made the cameras sound very similar. So, I went out and bought (from merchants who accepted returns) one of each of these three cameras (I didn't need WI-FI or GPS, so that's how I settled on these less expensive variants). And...
Published 21 months ago by Artemaria

‹ Previous | 128 29 30122 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera with only a few tiny flaws, November 18, 2013
This camera came with everything except the software CD. But I don't really care since I never use that crap software they always stick with cameras anyway.

Strangely, this camera also came with a continental European plug-type power cord for the charger. There is also a North American plug-type, so no worries. However, the North American cord is only an inch in length, which is really annoying because most outlets are not going to be right against the floor or table, which means you'll have to sit the camera on top of books or something to be able to charge it. The continental european cord is 5 inches long, which makes me think it's the original cord that belongs to this camera and they just stuck a really cheap and really short US cord in the box in addition.

The camera itself is in mint condition and works great. It's been several years since I last updated my camera so this is exactly the kind of camera I wanted, minus the horribly short US power cord. I might try to find a longer power cord to buy for the charger. It's ridiculous to have such a short cord. It's going to be really inconvenient for traveling. Search for "figure 8 power cord" to find longer cords for just $3.

Camera has literally zero built-in memory, so don't forget to buy a memory card! My old camera had 15MB built-in memory, which was enough for about 5 pictures. This camera won't save any pictures at all without a memory card inserted.

The popup flash is kinda annoying since my finger is often grasping the camera in that location, but I suppose I'll get used to it eventually.

I haven't played with the different settings yet, but just taking some pictures fresh out of the box, it's a decent camera with high-def pics. I'm not very impressed with its video quality, but hey I intend to use it as a camera, not a camcorder, so I don't care.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, small size, November 18, 2013
Perfect size. Easy to use. It can zoom in on far-away subjects and take nice, clear photos. It is easy to manage the pictures after they are taken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Handy and Great Image Quality, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Canon PowerShot SX260 HS 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 20x Image Stabilized Zoom 25mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full-HD Video (Black) (Electronics)
Superb image quality in a very small package. It won't replace a DSLR but if you need a versatile travel camera and don't want to lug around a lot of camera equipment this camera is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!, November 15, 2013
This is an excellent camera, takes great pictures, easy to use, compact, we use this camera all the time, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Digital Camera, November 14, 2013
the sx260 is a great point-and-shoot camera, pic quality is terrific and so is the battery life, I recommend it to everyone

I've also been using the video and that is good too (visually and sound wise)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannon SX260HS 12.1 MP Digital camera, November 13, 2013
My wife and I were very satisfied with the sturdy structure of the camera. Its appearance was pretty and the pictures came out beautifully. We received it right before the wedding of our family member. All were expected in the box when it came. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, November 5, 2013
I bought this to replace the same camera I stupidly dropped and broke. Lesson learned is to definitely buy a small case to carry the camera. For ease of use this camera is great. The lens retracts closed and flat which I love. The 20x digital zoom is great. My only complaint is the somewhat slow reaction time when taking a flash photo. Photos themselves are sharp and colors are great. Great little camera for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Video & Photos, October 31, 2013
I had to order this to film several videos. The videos on this camera are amazing - so clear and vibrant. We were so happy with them, and the photos are also exceptionally good!

5.0 out of 5 stars More sophisticated than my elph Canon powershot SD900 something, October 27, 2013
MARIA D. (Flushing, Queens, NY) - See all my reviews
I basically chose this camera because am partial towards canon products. Now I like them small, light and point and shoot which is practical for travelling. If I am not running out of time to study its other features, I will study its manual mode. I also chose to buy this because of its 25mm wide angle lens and its its high telephoto capacity. On top of that it is capable of making 30 minute movies. I noted that I can also put together different still pictures to make a video. It is easy to operate, at least the auto smart mode because I have had a canon powershot before. I may have to review my photography lessons though on exposure, etc to be able to do better on how to operate the manual mode. The color gray is perfect too to my taste. I noted too the microphone in making a movie to catch the sounds. I love my new camera and it takes sharp pictures. Can't wait to use it at the cruise although tonight we will have picture-taking at my bf's house. I only got to spend a few hours to tinker with the camera and get myself familiarized with it relatively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, October 17, 2013
Used this in Europe this summer, takes great photos. There is a bit of a learning curve on this and I had to look up many things like taking panoramic photos but once you read about it it it pretty easy. So it is not overly intuitive but you can figure it out. I also LOVE the GPS function, when loaded on my ipad I can see the London photos separate from the Nice or Paris photos etc. That is the one function that I would not want to give up or turn off on the camera.

‹ Previous | 128 29 30122 | Next ›