5.0 out of 5 stars Nice ELPH 140
Published 3 months ago by Tom

Why? The Elph 140 has optical image stabilization, the Elph 135, around $10 cheaper, does not, so it will be hard to get a non-blurry shot with the Elph 135.

Published 7 months ago by Yarii

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice ELPH 140, August 2, 2014
Tom (Berlin, CT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH140 IS Digital Camera (Gray) (Electronics)
I purchased the PowerShot ELPH 140 IS for my wife, to replace a similar but lost Canon SD 1200 IS that was several years old and never had any problems. This camera seems superior; it takes sharp pictures and has a better zoom. As with many Amazon purchases, the reviews help make the decision and I went this model to have the stabilization. We do not use any of the fancy features, just put it on Auto and it takes nice pictures. I wanted a good, easy to use, reasonably priced, small, point & shoot and this meets that need. Was concerned that maybe this was a light weight plastic case that would feel too light and cheap, but it is metal, has a nice heft (for it's size) and looks and feels like good quality. You have to separately order a memory card. I got extra points from my wife for this surprise purchase.

I spent some time finding the right case, so I will mention here that I got the Case Logic DCB-302 case, a very nice case and the camera fits very well. It is a nice size with a separate pocket for accessories, but if you want a really small case, it may be a little big. The accessory pocket will hold a flip phone.

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have your heart set on a Canon, choose this over the Elph 135, April 14, 2014

I purchased this camera locally only because I had a gift card I had to use. This was a present for a young relative of mine, but I took it for a "test drive" prior to gifting to make sure it worked right.

Wow, I can't believe how cheap Canon has become in the past 1-2 years. What is in the box? You get the camera, battery, battery charger and wrist strap; that's all. They are good enough to give you a genuine battery charger so you don't have to charge the battery inside the camera. That I like. But they don't provide a USB cable, so you can't connect the camera to your PC to download photos. Granted most computers now have the card readers built in, but if yours doesn't, you will need to buy a card reader. At least they don't cost much.

No instruction manual, you have to download it online. All you get with the camera is a small leaflet to get started.

They also don't provide a software CD. I used to love Canon's Zoom Browser software. Now you have to download it from their web site and they won't give it to you unless you provide them with the camera's serial number (which I understand why they need a serial number, but it's another way of being cheap, not providing the CD).

You will also need an SDHC card. I suggest Class 10 if you're making videos.

The LCD screen is smaller than most other cameras, only 2.7" diagonal, and somewhat hard to see in bright sunlight.

Some people just like the Canon name. That's why I say if you're dead-set on a Canon and you are looking for a basic no-frills camera, this is one. It's cheap enough you can toss it in a bag and if it gets broken, you're not out a lot of money. You won't get DSLR quality by any means. This isn't good in low light, the photos are grainy.

Now that my complaints are over, here's what I like:

► Easy to use, with crisp, bright true-to-life colors (outdoors or indoors with flash-----otherwise you will get MANY grainy non-sharp photos).
► Battery life is pretty good.
► Small, but the buttons are easy to push without accidentally pushing the wrong one.
► Zoom motor sounds strong.
► Good 720p video.
► Faster response time at capturing fast-moving pets and kids than previous cheap Canon models.

Personally, I would spend more and get something else.

SDHC Card: Transcend 8 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS8GSDHC10E)
Card Reader/Adapter: Transcend Information USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K)

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT LITTLE CAMERA, June 8, 2014
This camera is packed with a lot of features for the money. the main reason that i bought it was for the image stabilization.
I am upgrading from a 3 meg Sony which is great camera but if i moved it , the pictures were blurry, does not happen withe the Canon.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, April 2, 2014
I purchased two of these, one for my brother and one for myself for an upcoming trip that we are going on. Some of the sites we are seeing are low light and we are unable to use flash. A friend recommended this camera after I seen pictures she took of low light situations. So far it works great. I can't wait to see that it does while on vacation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of focus imagery., June 13, 2014
It is too slow. Causes too many blurry pictures. Any action before the auto focus is set will result in an out of focus image.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love My Camera, May 19, 2014
I really enjoy my new camera. It is very easy to use and I'm truly thrilled with the sharp images..

5.0 out of 5 stars Little but mighty, June 26, 2014
Lucia Dunn (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I love this little camera. It takes much better pictures than my phone and I just keep it in my purse so it is always at hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far this camera has done a great job. (Only had it for 3 weeks, July 9, 2014
So far this camera has done a great job. (Only had it for 3 weeks.) Time will tell the whole story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 28, 2014