5.0 out of 5 stars A nice substitute for my digital SLR camera
I have two Canon digital SLRs (10D and 30D) and I'd stopped carrying them around because they were simply too big and bulky for most situations. I've probably missed out on hundreds of great shots as a result.

I was going to get the new mirrorless Canon EOS-M because it would allow me to use my existing lenses (my favorite lens is the $700 Canon 17-40mm wide...
Published on September 18, 2012 by gadgetjunkie

2.0 out of 5 stars Decent Camera, but Touchscreen was a Bad Idea!
I have owned and operated nearly a dozen different ELPH's. The specs on this camera are great, but Canon really made a mistake with the touchscreen. First of all, this screen, while dense with pixels, is not as "rich" as previous models in terms of saturation. Regarding the "touch" controls, the screen is slow to respond, and requires too many motions and movements...
Published on April 18, 2012 by Woodrow

‹ Previous | 14 5 629 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., December 22, 2012
Scott McCormick (State College, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot ELPH 320 HS 16.1 MP Wi-Fi Enabled CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Zoom 24mm Wide-Angle Lens with 1080p Full HD Video and 3.2-Inch Touch Panel LCD (Blue) (Electronics)
Pictures are much better than my old Nikon that this replaced. Doesn't always trigger the flash when needed, which can lead to blurred pictures. Still like it over all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Features!, September 7, 2012
Tower (Castle Rock, CO) - See all my reviews
I did hours of research on a new camera. I compared a Nikon, a Sony and this Canon. This camera has more features not to mention the Touchscreen rocks. Works like a Iphone in many ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera I have owned, July 28, 2012
Color is very nice, easy to use features and not as technical as other cameras I've owned. Takes clear pictures even at 20x Zoom. Down side is that the Wifi feature is a bit tricky but still working on it. Great price n very very fast shipping to Washington DC.

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera with fun features, May 13, 2012
all of the features on this camera are great! the video is just as good as the crisp photos it takes. the optical zoom is the only downside. if you zoom in to far it will be blurry so I do wish the optical zoom was a bit higher then x5. that is just a minor issue. the cameras speed between photos and crisp images/videos make up for that. the real seller that got me originally was the battery life. rated for 170 photos or 3 hours of video i figured that can be right. however my gf took the camera to israel and the battery has lasted her 3 days with easily 150+ photos. that is huge! especially when traveling! if your looking for a point and shoot and not planning on taking pics of far away objects up close this is your camera...

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, almost., March 17, 2013
I got this online at W-mart with a 8GB card and a case for $129. Sorry amazon! After reading how much everyone hates the touch screen I expected it to be a PITA. But it ain't too bad. They could have done a little better job of formatting the menus and options. It's hard to remember where you find specific settings, e.g. something that's buried several levels deep, but I find that true on every device I own that has menu driven settings. Once you get over the menu learning curve you can take some really nice pictures which is a big part of why I went with Canon and this camera in particular. It also takes pretty darn good movies for something that fits in your shirt pocket. The image stabilization seems to work very well on a video shot through the windshield of a car to keep the center of the image still while you can still see the dash bounce on every pothole. Overall it's a nice complement to my digital SLR and a lot easier to toss in the tourpak on my Harley for quick shots while riding. The area where it falls a bit short is battery life, which is ,well, a bit short. It came with a 680mah battery and I see there are better batteries, up to 1400mah that should last twice as long as the factory OEM. I ordered 4 950's and I'll see how those work out. At least I'll have spares.

Update, I ordered 4 NB11-l batteries that were supposed to be 950 mah, but when they arrived I was happy to see they were 1000's, so even better. They seem to last quite a bit longer than the 680 Canon battery that came in the camera. If I had seen the 1400mah's before I probably would have ordered them instead, but the ones I got were only $1.66 ea. so I have 4 spares at a price that is hard to beat. I also got the HDMI to mini HDMI cable so I can view the pics and movies on my 55" TV. The clarity and quality of both movies and pictures is really amazing. I shot a movie in my kitchen looking out a window, when viewed on the TV it almost looked like there was a hole in the TV screen that went thru to my backyard. I do have a minor complaint when using the HDMI cable the camera screen is disabled and scrolling to the next picture requires swiping the camera screen, or running the slideshow. For those who have problems with the touch screen, I have to wonder if they ran the calibration or if maybe they're trying to run the camera using their elbows, or their big toe. Or maybe Nikon they're trolls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use Everyday Camera, July 22, 2014
Found this named the top inexpensive point-and-shoot from The Wirecutter blog (sort of like a blog version of Consumer Reports, where they test and vet all kinds of electronics) and I've been pretty happy with it in my year of ownership. It's very programmable if you know specific settings, and has a lot of preset lighting conditions or situational conditions to choose from. In low light it can produce a fuzzy image, but that's pretty common for point-and-shoots. One nice thing is that it is wireless enabled, so I could pull photos off my camera onto my iPad and iPhone even without internet available using the Canon iPhone app. You can connect it to a regular wifi network as well, and transfer photos that way. The advanced settings are a little complex for someone who hasn't used more sophisticated cameras, but if you put it on the default setting you'll end up with fairly good photographs. Oh, and I've never had a single photo with red eye taken with this camera. A great casual-use camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun camera, March 11, 2014
The Canon ELPH series constitutes light-weight, fun cameras, available in many colors, and focused on convenience. Let me use my usual disclaimer, in the interest of fairness, and admit that I think many cameras by reputable makers (and there are many) deliver what they promise. It is more about what camera traits you are looking for. So, I would suggest to anyone looking to buy one to google 'camera trait search' and get the whole picture.

The ELPH320 is a fixed lens camera (point and shoot, some would say), with 16 resolution (megapixels), and a x5 zoom. The sensor size is 1/2.3 inch CMOS-type, which is standard for cameras of its class.

If you were to, say, take pictures of friends and family at an outdoor gathering, this camera is what you need. If you get ambitious, there will be stumbling blocks. Here is the camera's trait mix: It does not have a viewfinder, which, again, many in its class don't. The ISO rating, which is the gauge for how well it does in low light, is 3200. That rating is lower than many others, but it is sufficient for most purposes. The video is a Full HD- that is 1980x1080 resolution. It does not have a hot shoe for an external flash option. That is not unexpected for its size and category. The LCD screen is a 461,000 resolution. The camera does not do RAW processing but you would need only if you did not want to be limited by JPEG type storage. The burst rate is a reasonable 2.9 frames persecond- great for quick shots. The weight of the camera is a convenient 145 grams.

The main difference between the ELPH series starting 300s is the new Digic 5 processor. The ELPH 110, and 115 had Digic 4.

Overall, nice, fun camera. Having been into photography for a while, I do stress though that you do a camera trait search. That will also tell you more about what you want.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like touch screen, November 14, 2013
Heather M (Marietta, GA) - See all my reviews
Camera works well, but I don't like the touch screen. Hard to operate even though I don't have fat fingers. Exchanged for one without touch screen.

3.0 out of 5 stars RED is actually hot pink, October 21, 2013
The camera is good. Bought the "Red" camera for company use and received a flamingo pink camera. I suppose now there is not risk of anyone stealing it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best camera ever, September 30, 2013
the best digital camera I have owned. Love the features and the picture quality. I had no problem connecting the camera to other devices such as my phone and iPad. Connects to facebook without a problem as well. I have seen some reviews complain about the touchscreen functionality. One piece of advice is to use the mini stylus that is included on the camera strap. When I use that, the touchscreen is fast and responsive. Worth every penny.

‹ Previous | 14 5 629 | Next ›