Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 72 questions
votes
I am an amateur photographer myself and I have both the S95 and the G12. I purchased the G12 to replace my G7 that died. I absolutely LOVE the S95 (the S100 is the newer model) and hate the G12. The picture quality on the S95 is far superior. I take alot of action horse riding photos and the S95 does better. The G12 produces blurry, grainy (when zoomed in) photos. I also don't use all the bells and whistles of the G12. I wish I could purchase the G7-it was a fantastic camera-the G12 disappoints. I hope the S100 is as great as the S95 because I want another one! I hope this helps!
May 18, 2012 by Jim
votes
You can find some rumors about dates here: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=8438.0 And given that the RX100 costs 40% more than the S100, I'm not sure comparing them makes any real sense.
Sep 7, 2012 by VermontGuy
votes
Everything is included EXCEPT the memory card.
Jul 28, 2012 by Maj C. Henderson
vote
Increase the shutter speed by either (or both) using the flash or increasing the ISO. Increasing the ISO, according to David Peterson of DigitalPhotoSecrets means the sensor is more sensitive and so less light is needed to take the image.
Dec 30, 2012 by Presko
vote
I've tried both and for me the extra $100 is beyond well worth it. S100 has much better low light performance and overall picture quality(although 110HS is very good). Video looks substantially better to me as well. The S100 is truly at another level in so many aspects. The 110HS is extremely impressive for it's low price and has to be one of the best at that price range but if you have the extra money to spend you won't regret moving to the S100(assuming you don't get the dreaded lens error).
Nov 29, 2012 by T. J. Irvine
vote
Absolutely. That is what I have - 2 year old Macbook Pro, Mavericks OS
Jan 9, 2014 by C. Trowbridge
vote
The x10 is a great compact camera, nodoubt. For me though it boils down to this: I have a "better" camera than the Fuji X10 and the Canon S100 and it sits on a shelf due to it's size. What I need is a full manual capable camera with a good lens and decent sensor that fits in my shirt pocket. The X10, while a very nice camera, has a protruding lens rather than a fully recessed one while off. This makes is not shirt pocket friendly, but only jacket pocket friendly. I have gone that route in the past and those sit on the shelf too. To me the primary advantage of the S100 is that it is shirt pocket friendly, has a useful (though certainly not great) zoom ability, full auto to full manual and everything between, a great lens, a solid sensor and reasonably good speed and ease of use. It's just a solid camera in a compact P&S body. Many other cameras qualify as 'solid cameras', but very few can get that qualification and still qualify as shirt pocket friendly.
Nov 7, 2011 by username_5
votes
John - RAW files are not, repeat, not intended to be presentable images. A RAW image is just what it sounds like, a file with electron count of each red, green, blue filtered pixel stored. You are supposed to process (e.g., white balance/color correct) to get a presentable image. You can do this processing later in your computer (Canon probably supplied you with some software or else you can buy, for example, Photoshop Elements) OR you can let your camera do it automatically - which is what is happening when you use the JPG image option. Virtually all cameras provide a JPG output and most cameras that offer RAW images also offer a RAW+JPG option. That latter being useful for getting most pictures ready to use directly out of the camera while having the ability to do post processing on the images that need special attention. NOTE: JPG is a lossy file storage format. Thus, if you try to post process the JPG image you lose a little image quality each time you save it. That's why you do your post processing on the RAW file - nothing was "lost".
Jul 12, 2012 by Bruce H
votes
No, the S95 uses NB-6L, and the S100 uses NB-5L.
Nov 10, 2011 by D. Craig Wiggenhorn
votes
Nope, the S100 does not have an optical view finder (if that's what you meant). It only has the LCD screen on the back which doubles up as the view finder. It is quite convenient, but does consume battery.
Aug 14, 2013 by Santhosh Sundararaman
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers